• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Denny's J

benhillboy

19 hours ago, Lurker said:

One more thing: Atlanta can't play within the offense all of the time anymore because of two seasons of tape on them. Reporters have said it, and I've seen it.

This is absolutely right. We need a  little unpredictability. That is why having a Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams type of player would be so beneficial to this team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks later.....Dennis appears on the upswing (so is the entire team). He's actually running the offense, getting into the lane,  hitting the midrange when it's there.  Not forcing the issue, playing under control and his defense has been on point.

I was totally oblivious to the fact that we hadn't practiced much and how important it is.  All Bud needed was a little time to love on his guys and restock the vitamins.  

Everything Dennis does comes from a feeling of supreme confidence.  Making or missing jump shots probably doesn't make much of a difference to him as long as he has his rhythm and energy going.  We just gotta take those poor 33% mid-range stretches with the awesome 50% from three streaks and hope he lives in the paint like he's capable of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I've actually seen a few drives to the left of the basket in recent weeks from Dennis which was great to see.

Really?  I've missed more bits and pieces of game time than usual.  Is he finishing,  passing, or maintaining dribble with his left hand following the drive?

Schröder has outplayed Teague so badly this month. It's not been worth it to play Teague over him in all but 2 games which is pretty sad. Them 2 pretty much swapped places from November as Teague right now is unplayable.

Teams is now 9.3 points better with Schröder on the court over Teague.

33 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Really?  I've missed more bits and pieces of game time than usual.  Is he finishing,  passing, or maintaining dribble with his left hand following the drive?

IIRC, he finished a left hand drive with his right and another he passed left handed (don't remember to who)

Dennis really back on track in December

Month GP MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OREB DREB REB AST TOV STL BLK PF DD2 TD3 PTS +/-
October 3 25.5 50.0 27.3 100 1.0 0 0 -2.0
November 17 22.1 36.4 30.5 80.0 1.6 0 0 0.8
December 10 20.3 46.6 35.7 76.0 1.8 0 0 5.6

Month GP MIN OffRtg DefRtg NetRtg AST% AST/TO AST Ratio OREB% DREB% REB% TO Ratio eFG% TS% USG% PACE PIE
October 3 25.5 95.3 99.8 -4.5 21.1 2.00 14.9 1.4 10.7 6.2 7.4 53.8 56.3 27.7 95.02 15.5
November 17 22.1 104.6 99.8 4.8 36.1 2.56 28.1 2.2 11.3 6.6 11.0 41.8 45.5 25.9 96.46 9.2
December 10 20.3 111.0 95.9 15.1 30.4 2.16 25.8 1.8 11.8 6.7 11.9 52.3 56.1 26.4 98.95 13.5
Edited by rd79

What the stats dont show(other than +-), is that he now lets others play better as well. Even in the game against Orlando he had very weak stats, but had hockey assists all over, played tight on Fournier/Oladipo and didnt force the issue also seeing his few shots where not falling. It looks now as if he realizes he doesnt have to force things to be regarded as a potential star/starter/well-regarded-player, but rather that he has to let things go and come to him whenever clever. Surely some forcing things now and then needs to happen as well, but not 90% of the time.

I sound so Buddha lol

His defense looked quite good the whole season but I didn't know how to measure it, until I found this one today! This also may the reason he got his playing time even when he struggled offensively...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

The Glove 2.0 minus lots of things but faster. A good defensive PG can have huge value in todays "golden age of PG's" league. Dennis also had his moments with Curry, getting under his skin, but didnt have enough time to really prove himself.

But again Horford is doing allot to ward of driving angles behind Dennis. Which also helps Dennis to commit on D. 

I have no idea what I'm looking at in that table, but I'm pretty good at context.  

I remember that advanced stat projection for our team before the season, 99% of it looked true.  But  that sh$t had Dennis as a negative defensive player and I rejected it with all my heart and mind because I'm a basketball visionary :)  Even when he slacks a bit he's still better than average.

Any morons like me still having problems with basic posts?

Anyway, I have no idea what I'm looking at in this table but I'm pretty good at context.

I remember the advanced analytic projection report that came out before the season, 99% of it seemed accurate to me.  But I took great issue with them projecting Dennis to be a negative defender.  On what f&@kin planet?  Even when he slacks a bit he's still above average ie better than Jeff.

The chart shows a combination of defensive rating and opponents field goal percentage of our main rotation guys.

And it seems Dennis is leading both stats (top and right is good, bottom and left is worse).

I like this chart - you can activate other teams on the right and compare them to the Hawks and each other. 

20 hours ago, rd79 said:

The chart shows a combination of defensive rating and opponents field goal percentage of our main rotation guys.

And it seems Dennis is leading both stats (top and right is good, bottom and left is worse).

I like this chart - you can activate other teams on the right and compare them to the Hawks and each other. 

Appreciate it.  So Dennis is the top ball?  Good deal.

You can't win a 'ship without a PG out front dedicated to initiating his team's stops and turns.  

• Like 1