• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

bump until durant is a hawk

hawkzlova123

15 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

koonin get it done anyway anyhow!!!

I thought he fell off a bit.  I was wrong.  I've seen better defense and more strength from him this year too.

He isn't my first choice for most wanted player: I'd go Davis, George, and Towns before him.  Needless to say if Koonin could land Durant season tickets take precedence over food and shelter.

I forgot who but they suggested Memphis move Gasol and Z-Bo.  I've just never been a fan of dude.  He can't change ends with us.  

Spurs Ball has a lot to do with sprinting after made baskets and getting into sets early.  Impossible with Gasol.  Al finishes more fast breaks in a week than he can in a year.  My ideal pipe dream is PG-13 and Towns, no order.

On 12/22/2015 at 6:40 PM, Hawkmoor said:

Durant to the Hawks???

UB1eV.gif

Yeah, KD would be NUTS to consider a team with the reigning COTY and All-Star Coach. A team who just put up 4 All-Stars. A team who just went to the ECFs and is most likely headed there again. A team that plays TEAM ball where he'd be Alpha dawg from day 1. A team that already has the bench and starters to surround him with without a need for a build. A team that, under the new cap and not re-signing Al, could offer him a max deal. In a top 9 television market, hip hop capital of the world, Y'allywood, only hour and a half flight from his hometown. Yeah, that's CRAZY talk.....

• Like 3

17 hours ago, hazer said:

Yeah, KD would be NUTS to consider a team with the reigning COTY and All-Star Coach. A team who just put up 4 All-Stars. A team who just went to the ECFs and is most likely headed there again. A team that plays TEAM ball where he'd be Alpha dawg from day 1. A team that already has the bench and starters to surround him with without a need for a build. A team that, under the new cap and not re-signing Al, could offer him a max deal. In a top 9 television market, hip hop capital of the world, Y'allywood, only hour and a half flight from his hometown. Yeah, that's CRAZY talk.....

You speaking to the choir. my laughter isnt directed at a player like  KD for considering a move to the hawks, my laughter is directed at folks thinking the HAWKS would make a serious move to get him. Hawks ownership isnt fooling me, ive seen this too many times since Ted Turner sold the Hawks.

Remember when Ferry cleared all that cap space. We just KNEW we was getting a big time player. Nope, he settled for lower tiered free agents.  Nobody is saying that the players he brought in didnt produce, they did, but to get past Lebron, which i THOUGHT is the goal, Sap/Horford aint gonna get it done........ Sap is a big time player, who needs a big time sidekick. The system isnt gonna get it done, its PLAYERS, i.e. Leonard, Parker, Duncan. The hawks dont have that caliber of a lineup.......

Why is it San Antonio SPANKS the Hawks everytime they play now? PLAYERS.....They run basically the SAME system.

The Hawks need a individual owner like Mark Cuban who LOVES basketball and wants a chip.  Mark gets it DONE:

Mark-Cuban-Cigar-Trophy-225x300.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You speaking to the choir. my laughter isnt directed at a player like  KD for considering a move to the hawks, my laughter is directed at folks thinking the HAWKS would make a serious move to get him. Hawks ownership isnt fooling me, ive seen this too many times since Ted Turner sold the Hawks.

Remember when Ferry cleared all that cap space. We just KNEW we was getting a big time player. Nope, he settled for lower tiered free agents.  Nobody is saying that the players he brought in didnt produce, they did, but to get past Lebron, which i THOUGHT is the goal, Sap/Horford aint gonna get it done........ Sap is a big time player, who needs a big time sidekick. The system isnt gonna get it done, its PLAYERS, i.e. Leonard, Parker, Duncan. The hawks dont have that caliber of a lineup.......

Why is it San Antonio SPANKS the Hawks everytime they play now? PLAYERS.....They run basically the SAME system.

The Hawks need a individual owner like Mark Cuban who LOVES basketball and wants a chip.  Mark gets it DONE:

Mark-Cuban-Cigar-Trophy-225x300.jpg

Cuban has lost out on all the big free agents over the last few years too

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Cuban has lost out on all the big free agents over the last few years too

But he TRIED. He didnt pay lip service to it. He HAD Jordan. He cant put a guy's finger on a contract.  Wasnt his fault that Jordan was scared to carry the Mavericks. You cant lose out on players you dont make a SERIOUS effort to acquire. Hawks, in my opinion, are gonna stay where they are salary wise and not commit to a big time contract.

The ONLY reason Atlanta Spirit gave Johnson all that dough is because they figured they had to have SOMETHING on the Hawks team to make it appealing to a potential buyer. They knew they wasnt gonna pay it, they wanted the team value to not drop. It was another dumb move by them.  The RIGHT buyer wouldve bought the Hawks anyway.   Danny Ferry did a masterful job of dismantling all that garbage Atlanta Spirit did with Rick Sund. Outside of trading for Dominique Wilkins, that move by Ferry to dump Johnson's contract ranks as one of the top Hawks moves ever. 

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1