• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

22 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Ok, we'd get better at rebounding, but by what factor? Hickson nor Fried can (or at least shouldn't) play center.

And you just traded our starter in that position. Not to mention, the value isn't even there, draft picks or not.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Wow usually it's homer trades on here but that is he opposite of a homer ... Way way too much for Denver

Well, I was thinking that since everyone is complaining about Horford, Teague and Korver, that such a move might be addition by subtraction, and gets rid of all three of them in one move.  This trade would enable Dennis to become the starter, and Nelson would be a decent backup for him.  Faried is a tough guy who plays within his limits and isn't in love with the 3 ball.  His toughness is quantum leaps better than Al(ice).  Hickson is a decent big, and averaged a double double a few years ago.  Now Bazemore moves to SG, and Thabo starts at SF.  I would also insist on getting draft pick(s) in this trade, but I can see why Denver might balk at that, given Al is a free agent this summer.  Al and Millsap both are just as bad as Josh Smith re: the 3 point shot.  Both seem to like to shoot the 3, and both are not too good at it.

I'd love to have Faried on this roster with what he brings to the table and his contract over the next 3+ years, but I'm not giving all of that up for him.  And that's essentially what you are doing because Hickson isn't in the long term plans and Nelson is no better than Mack at this point in his career.

I'd much rather see something like this if we made a deal with Denver.  I'd send our first rounder next year their way as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hjc2joo

We wouldn't be better this season, but with Chandler next year along with Faried off the bench then I'd be on board.  And we'd still have some cap space if we declined Mack's option.

Now that is completely a hypothetical and I only proposed it since you offered up a Nuggets trade.  I'm not really suggesting we try and make that deal as I think there are too many moving parts with it and I don't know how I'd feel about starting Splitter next year.

Forgot to add in that I believe Kyle could be flipped again to a contender at the deadline.  Cleveland or OKC probably, so the Nuggets would pick up more assets.  Teague could be used as trade bait as well for a team like the Knicks.

Basically, Nuggets get a ton of cap space, a few picks and a roster that allows their young players to develop.

Al, Teague and Korver for Faried, Chandler and Nelson?  That's horrible.

Chandler will be 29 this May and seems to be always injured. (3 years left 1 player option)

Jameer Nelson will be 34 next month (2 years left on deal)

We are not trading 3/5th of the starting lineup without a way to rebuild without young players and draft picks coming back. - cause that would be a rebuild.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Al, Teague and Korver for Faried, Chandler and Nelson?  That's horrible.

Chandler will be 29 this May and seems to be always injured. (3 years left 1 player option)

Jameer Nelson will be 34 next month (2 years left on deal)

We are not trading 3/5th of the starting lineup without a way to rebuild without young players and draft picks coming back. - cause that would be a rebuild.

Please go back and read my post again before freaking out.  I only proposed the deal since he started this whole thing with a Nuggets trade offer.  I even said "I'm not suggesting we make this deal" and that it wouldn't make us better this season.  Reading comprehension...

And I still maintain that you overvalue what Al Horford would/should fetch in a trade.  Other teams know that he's going to command a massive salary this summer and that he's merely a rental or a guy you have to pay $25M to moving forward so he's not going to bring back a super star.  So the same issue remains, we either let him walk for nothing or pay him the ridiculous amount of money he'll want and then be in the same boat next year.