• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague: “I’m dealing with an ankle injury"

GameTime

13 minutes ago, High5 said:

Teague rolls his ankle more than anyone in the league. He needs to find a solution he can work with before he breaks his foot clean off. 

LOL, imagine he does his patented jump pass and he leaves his foot behind.

Kyle warned him about those low cuts last year and he didn't listen.  Now he's having ankle issues again. He knows he has ankle issues but he wants to look fly in his low cuts. Smh.

Steph Curry had ankle problems, now his shoes are so high they are almost to his shin.

4 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

Having paid attention to Jeffy in his 7 years in Atlanta, I doubt he is worried about losing his starting position. Hell, there were times last season where Jeffy told Bud to keep Dennis in the games at the end even after Bud called for Jeffy to enter the game. So to say Jeffy is worried about losing his starting job is not really consistent with the Jeffy I know.

It is by far more likely that Jeffy is simply stubborn as hell about resting. I also doubt he is using this as an excuse, Jeffy has a bit of the Joe Johnson type personality where he doesn't want to talk to the media or admit he is injured. If anything, I would imagine that this becoming news from Bud or Garin Narain as a way to quell the dumbass blog rumors surrounding a trade of Teague (or his poor play). I'd be surprised if Jeffy paid any attention to news/rumors unless it somehow involved the WWE.

Just my two cents on this issue though.

I didn't want to blame him. Was just sharing my thoughts.

But your explanations doesn't tell me why he looks so disconnected to the team. We have a group where everybody cheers for every other player. Dennis and Shelvin support each other and they had (or have?) a real rivalry about that backup spot. So it looks weird to see Jeff not being a part of this group sometimes.

If the bold part is true and he keeps refusing ankle braces or high tops he may be an idiot to risk his health. Especially because his big payday would come after next season, which will change if he becomes known for being an injury prone baller....

11 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I didn't want to blame him. Was just sharing my thoughts.

But your explanations doesn't tell me why he looks so disconnected to the team. We have a group where everybody cheers for every other player. Dennis and Shelvin support each other and they had (or have?) a real rivalry about that backup spot. So it looks weird to see Jeff not being a part of this group sometimes.

If the bold part is true and he keeps refusing ankle braces or high tops he may be an idiot to risk his health. Especially because his big payday would come after next season, which will change if he becomes known for being an injury prone baller....

I'm not really sure where the Dennis/Shelvin rivalry came from, was there an interview where either of them mentioned this? I cannot recall. Anyway, my two comments:

1) Jeffy has always looked aloof and disconnected. Like I mentioned, he's got a Joe Johnson personality. He is pretty bland and I don't think I've ever really seen him cheer for others. Hell, he had an interesting quote about DeMarre coming back to play Atlanta for the first time since he signed in Toronto:

When asked for his thoughts about facing his former teammate, Jeff Teague stared straight ahead.

“I don’t really care,” is all he said Tuesday.

When then asked for a memory of playing with Carroll, Teague was nearly as succinct.

“He played well here when he was here. He had a really good year last year.”

Later in the day, Carroll was asked about Teague’s comments by members of the Toronto media.

“Nothing surprises me about Jeff,” Carroll told reporters when asked he if was surprised the comment. “Jeff is one of those guys who comes in, does his work and goes home. Not surprised by Jeff. But like he said, it’s another game. That’s how I’m going to look at them, like another game. It’s a great opportunity for me and my team to go in there and get a road win and make a statement.”

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/some-hawks-not-all-ready-to-welcome-carroll-back-t/npZWC/

That's just Jeffy in a nutshell there. He is not going to be a Baze or Musky type player on the bench waiving his towel all over the place after a made bucket. Dennis will do that, but Jeffy won't. So I don't see how Jeffy is all of the sudden now disconnected when he has been about the same for the past 7 years. I might have misinterpreted you though?

2) Jeffy refusing ankle braces or going with high tops very well might be a dumb decision. I don't know why he isn't wearing those, so maybe he does have a legitimate reason for refusing treatment or braces or high tops. He's kind of strange on many levels. Do you recall him having massive amounts of ear wax built up two seasons ago to the point that Jeffy couldn't hear out of his left ear?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/hawks--jeff-teague-couldn-t-hear-for-a-while-due-to--a-considerable-amount-of-wax--in-his-ears-201422881.html

^ that might give you some additional insight into Jeffy. Like, you'd think someone would recognize if they had a massive amount of ear wax built up they would tell someone or seek help or whatever. It took Jeffy going deaf for him to make a peep about it. Dude just goes in, does his f-ing job, doesn't make a stink about much, and then goes home to play video games and watch WWE. Jeffy has had many interviews where he talks about how little he watches of other NBA games. So yeah, he might be making a dumb decision but that seems to be pretty consistent with the stubborn Jeffy that I have seen for 7 years.

8 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

I'm not really sure where the Dennis/Shelvin rivalry came from, was there an interview where either of them mentioned this? I cannot recall. Anyway, my two comments:

1) Jeffy has always looked aloof and disconnected. Like I mentioned, he's got a Joe Johnson personality. He is pretty bland and I don't think I've ever really seen him cheer for others. Hell, he had an interesting quote about DeMarre coming back to play Atlanta for the first time since he signed in Toronto:

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/some-hawks-not-all-ready-to-welcome-carroll-back-t/npZWC/

That's just Jeffy in a nutshell there. He is not going to be a Baze or Musky type player on the bench waiving his towel all over the place after a made bucket. Dennis will do that, but Jeffy won't. So I don't see how Jeffy is all of the sudden now disconnected when he has been about the same for the past 7 years. I might have misinterpreted you though?

2) Jeffy refusing ankle braces or going with high tops very well might be a dumb decision. I don't know why he isn't wearing those, so maybe he does have a legitimate reason for refusing treatment or braces or high tops. He's kind of strange on many levels. Do you recall him having massive amounts of ear wax built up two seasons ago to the point that Jeffy couldn't hear out of his left ear?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/hawks--jeff-teague-couldn-t-hear-for-a-while-due-to--a-considerable-amount-of-wax--in-his-ears-201422881.html

^ that might give you some additional insight into Jeffy. Like, you'd think someone would recognize if they had a massive amount of ear wax built up they would tell someone or seek help or whatever. It took Jeffy going deaf for him to make a peep about it. Dude just goes in, does his f-ing job, doesn't make a stink about much, and then goes home to play video games and watch WWE. Jeffy has had many interviews where he talks about how little he watches of other NBA games. So yeah, he might be making a dumb decision but that seems to be pretty consistent with the stubborn Jeffy that I have seen for 7 years.

Lol, earwax.

Thing is we don't need another Joe Johnson type leading this team. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol, earwax.

Thing is we don't need another Joe Johnson type leading this team. 

I think it would be unfair to Jeffy to expect him to change personalities to become a vocal leader on the team. I think at this point, we know the type of guy he is. You don't have to have your PG as a vocal leader, Tony Parker certainly isn't. You could say that for others as well (Conley comes to mind).

But I also recalled a Jeffy post-(pre?)game interview when the Nets were in town. I think it was Andre or Chris who asked Jeffy about Joe's game and how it has changed as he gets older. Jeffy's response was something like "yeah Joe's always been a below the rim type of guy, he was telling me about this one time in the playoffs he was dunking and it didn't go well so after that he decided to play below the rim." ........ Jeffy needing to be told the story of the time that Joe Johnson broke his f***ing face after Jerry Stackhouse fouled him on a breakaway during the 2005 playoffs:

like, again that's Jeffy in a nutshell. I can't think of any serious basketball fan who doesn't remember that play. But Joe had to explain it to Jeffy, and on some level I hope Joe told the story to Jeffy when Stack was on the team as Stack is in the background cracking up about how he busted Joe's face wide open.

4 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

I think it would be unfair to Jeffy to expect him to change personalities to become a vocal leader on the team. I think at this point, we know the type of guy he is. You don't have to have your PG as a vocal leader, Tony Parker certainly isn't. You could say that for others as well (Conley comes to mind).

But I also recalled a Jeffy post-(pre?)game interview when the Nets were in town. I think it was Andre or Chris who asked Jeffy about Joe's game and how it has changed as he gets older. Jeffy's response was something like "yeah Joe's always been a below the rim type of guy, he was telling me about this one time in the playoffs he was dunking and it didn't go well so after that he decided to play below the rim." ........ Jeffy needing to be told the story of the time that Joe Johnson broke his f***ing face after Jerry Stackhouse fouled him on a breakaway during the 2005 playoffs:

like, again that's Jeffy in a nutshell. I can't think of any serious basketball fan who doesn't remember that play. But Joe had to explain it to Jeffy, and on some level I hope Joe told the story to Jeffy when Stack was on the team as Stack is in the background cracking up about how he busted Joe's face wide open.

I'm not expecting Jeffy to change, We just have 'lead by example' guys. Someone needs to take ownership of this team on the floor though. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not expecting Jeffy to change, We just have 'lead by example' guys. Someone needs to take ownership of this team on the floor though. 

You think Einstein?

15 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Lest he decides to re-enroll in the Skills Challenge.

Pop stuck with the ghost of Tony Parker through all of last season despite Corey Joseph coming on and even let him play Eurobasket after quad, hamstring, and ankle injuries.  These coaches tend to be irrationally loyal to their PGs.

Ah I see. I wonder would he do a Kawhi like trade. Trading Schoeder for their SF of the future like they traded George Hill for the pick to get Leonard.