• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague/Schröder Divorce..

LastDon

On 1/30/2016 at 7:08 PM, Lurker said:

I'll say what I've said elsewhere here. The answer for who will likely be the better player is Schröder, but he needs to learn more about running an offense than the pnr.

Schröder  is no where near the player Teague is..He isn't as athletic and he is a horrible backcourt mate.. Pay attention to how he looks off the shooting guard on every possession.. He need to be surrounded by guys like Korver and Thabo who can't create there own shot..He has a phobia of other playmakers like Hardaway being on the floor with him..I have just learned to accept Dennis for who he is a selfish Scorer like Shelvin Mack..When Dennis is in the game I like for him to be ultra aggressive and score 20 points efficiently..

You're pretty much describing Tony Parker. Aside from Manu (who's mostly been a 6th man btw) Parker has always played with guys who don't need to dominate the ball to score. Parker has always been ultra aggressive and looks to score, which causes the D to react and opens passing lanes. Teague does this as well when he's aggressive Teague but it isn't consistent and that just drive our coaches nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

You're pretty much describing Tony Parker. Aside from Manu (who's mostly been a 6th man btw) Parker has always played with guys who don't need to dominate the ball to score. Parker has always been ultra aggressive and looks to score, which causes the D to react and opens passing lanes. Teague does this as well when he's aggressive Teague but it isn't consistent and that just drive our coaches nuts.

The difference is prime Parker may have been the best in the league for PG's finishing at the rim while Dennis can't even make 50% of his shots around the rim.

14 minutes ago, JETSET said:

The difference is prime Parker may have been the best in the league for PG's finishing at the rim while Dennis can't even make 50% of his shots around the rim.

Comparing prime Tony Parker to 2 1/2 years of   Dennis?

This is what Pop said about a young  Tony Parker "He can get to the rim but he still needs to learns how to run the offense"

Dennis has to learn and is still learning to run the team.

And to continue on the point above, the only guy that is completely unselfish on the team and really makes the offense go is Paul Millsap. I can't embed tweets, but Louis Paddington said that and said they struggle when he sits as he's the nucleus of the offense.

And also said that Schröder has exceptional ball handling, passing skills, and may be the fastest guy with the ball in his hands in the NBA but he needs to learn how to shoot, or he's going to be killed for it in the NBA.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Comparing prime Tony Parker to 2 1/2 years of   Dennis?

This is what Pop said about a young  Tony Parker "He can get to the rim but he still needs to learns how to run the offense"

Dennis has to learn and is still learning to run the team.

This is what the stats have to say about Parker's 2nd year of regular PT vs Dennis's second year.

Parker:  54.2% TS%, 5.1 OWS, .134 WS/48, 1.9 OBPM. 62.3% FG% at the rim.  49% of Parker's shots were at the rim or 3's. 

Dennis: 50.4% TS%, .3 OWS, .072 WS/48, 0.3 OBPM, 49.5% FG% at the rim.  71% of Dennis's shots are either at the rim or 3's.

There is no comparison between Parker and Dennis when it comes to being a scorer.  Parker was elite at the rim from the get go and he could punish you from anywhere in or near the paint.  Half of Dennis's shots at the rim lead to blocks or fast break attempts for the other team while he is picking himself up off the ground.  I hope that Dennis can become comparable to Parker one day, but his offense is not there yet.

9 minutes ago, JETSET said:

This is what the stats have to say about Parker's 2nd year of regular PT vs Dennis's second year.

Parker:  54.2% TS%, 5.1 OWS, .134 WS/48, 1.9 OBPM. 62.3% FG% at the rim.  49% of Parker's shots were at the rim or 3's. 

Dennis: 50.4% TS%, .3 OWS, .072 WS/48, 0.3 OBPM, 49.5% FG% at the rim.  71% of Dennis's shots are either at the rim or 3's.

There is no comparison between Parker and Dennis when it comes to being a scorer.  Parker was elite at the rim from the get go and he could punish you from anywhere in or near the paint.  Half of Dennis's shots at the rim lead to blocks or fast break attempts for the other team while he is picking himself up off the ground.  I hope that Dennis can become comparable to Parker one day, but his offense is not there yet.

I would say the difference is when defenders have to stay close to TD and Manu it allows Parker free access to the lane and rim. We don't have those guys to keep defenders honest and from collapsing on Dennis - BIG difference. 

I like Dennis, but my main issue is he's either got his pedal to the metal or he's floating around the perimeter. There's no in between with him, he doesn't have the shake or in between that Teague does. That might come, it might not, but it's part of the reason I prefer Teague.

6 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I like Dennis, but my main issue is he's either got his pedal to the metal or he's floating around the perimeter. There's no in between with him, he doesn't have the shake or in between that Teague does. That might come, it might not, but it's part of the reason I prefer Teague.

Like I said time and again, Teague is better right now. The Teague we see now isn't the Teague we saw in year 3. I remember when Teague couldn't hit a floater to save his life.

If Teague had Dennis' confidence (as misplaced as it might be) he would have multiple Allstars.

Dennis is still growing into a PG who can run a team effectively. I just believe his ceiling is higher.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Like I said time and again, Teague is better right now. The Teague we see now isn't the Teague we saw in year 3. I remember when Teague couldn't hit a floater to save his life.

If Teague had Dennis' confidence (as misplaced as it might be) he would have multiple Allstars.

Dennis is still growing into a PG who can run a team effectively. I just believe his ceiling is higher.

I do too, but I think it's close enough personally that I'd just deal whoever gets the better package.

29 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I do too, but I think it's close enough personally that I'd just deal whoever gets the better package.

Not me. Dennis has shown more than enough for me to go with the guy who's much younger, much cheaper, and knock on wood has a better chance of staying healthy for the foreseeable future. Of course I would love to keep both guys but that stunts the development of Dennis and we're 1 year away from Teague wanting a big pay raise that someone is going to give him. Let's get assets for him now while he's healthy, affordable, and someone sees him as the difference maker for their team. That's a big risk hoping that Dennis is the guy but if Bud is willing to trade Teague then that's all I need in terms of believing in Dennis. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would say the difference is when defenders have to stay close to TD and Manu it allows Parker free access to the lane and rim. We don't have those guys to keep defenders honest and from collapsing on Dennis - BIG difference. 

The difference is also that Parker was just a much better finisher around the basket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The difference is also that Parker was just a much better finisher around the basket.

Parker has always been an excellent finisher but I would bet he gets a lot less attention at the rim from bigs wanting to help but can't because they can't leave Duncan. Schröder just needs time, experience, and probably needs to feel like the team is his.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do what? Korver was the best spot up shooter in the league last year. His gravity score was only beat by Curry and KD I believe.  We were like 4th or 5th in 3pt%.  Our offense provided a ton of space for him to work. 

The real difference is Parker had a ton of different moves around the rim and he may be the most innovative PG ever when it comes to finishing at the rim near a much bigger player.  Dennis has one move and it's the high bank shot.  His footwork around the rim is an embarrassment if you compare it to Parker's.