• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague/Schröder Divorce..

LastDon

Teague is disgruntled and struggling due to having to split minutes with Schröder .. this years draft is a descent draft at point guard..Payton II/Malik Newman and a bunch of other 1s with potential..

I think Jeff is a great player who is being underutilized.. If he got the minutes of Wall/Lowry the numbers would be similar..Schröder has shown that he can be a starting point..But let's not kid ourselves he is not the player Teague is and is also a  selfish player who overlooks his backcourt mates  by over dribbling lookin for his own stats in a Rondo esq fashion..

I would hate to keep Jeff in the Eastern Conference but If The Bucks offered Parker/Mayo for Teague/Splitter I would bite... the bucks are in our same position having two guys who play the same position in Giannis and Jabari..It would create better symmetry for both teams it checks out as well in trade checker. So does Rubio/Dieng/Muhammad for Teague/Splitter/Hardaway..We loose too much shooting in the wolves trade..I think if either team got Jeff it would propel them to the playoffs.. Bucks this year wolves next..

4 hours ago, JETSET said:

I would love to see your predicted minutes rotation after the trade of teague/splitter for 2 wings.  We would have a glut of wings with no depth at PG or C.

Mayo is expiring filler..Kent moves to the 2..Parker the 3..Korver to the bench.. I think that Tim for miles plumlee could be added and trade still work..Or Tim moved in a separate deal..Taveres moves into the rotation... Mack and Patterson could be 2 and 3rd point.. still would have Scott and Muscala for 4/5 depth..

28 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

What makes you say that?

The last 2 games I haven't seen but for a two week period I did notice Teague lookin a lil disgruntled on the bench prior to light being shed on it..No way is Teague a locker room cancer..But I think Teague has personal goals that he is being hendered from meeting splitting with Schröder..I think it would be difficult to keep both Long term..If we have an opportunity to sell high on Teague for trades centered around  the likes of Parker or TJ Warren I think we have to bite..We can get a descent young point in the  upcoming draft..And we are solid enough at the point this season to survive with Schröder  at maximum production with Mack backing up..

The answer is keep Schröder, but he has to learn how to do more in an offense other than run a pnr or else he's not a starter.

However, you do realize that Teague is a combo PG at best, right? He's not going to average more than 7 AST with another team like some like to say of him (A lot of people like to say he's a 20 and 10 guy instantly in another system, and that's off, he's a 17/7 guy at most).

• Premium Member

Well by the look of things Teague won't be here much longer. He just put his 2.1 mill Buckhead condo for sale. Something is happening and I hope we get someone worth the trade.

Didn't some posters write Bud loves Dennis? This pic looks like they could have been right....

Looks a little like Bud is closing his eyes and opening his mouth...

CZ4XfPdWIAEnteA.jpg:large

This may be a reason for a divorce of Jeff and Dennis ;-)

Edited by rd79
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rd79 said:

Didn't some posters write Bud loves Dennis? This pic looks like they could have been right....

Looks a little like Bud is closing his eyes and opening his mouth...

CZ4XfPdWIAEnteA.jpg:large

This may be a reason for a divorce of Jeff and Dennis ;-)

db731819973fecb29d0ef495ae4b44ef.gif

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Jeff > Dennis imo

Honestly, that's not the question. 

The problems to adress  are:

• Can they co-exist long term?
  • It seems it doesn't work out well when both share the floor. So, if you develop Dennis, you can't use Teague as much as you should and if you use Jeff 36+ mins you can't develop Dennis.
  • Will Jeff's cap hit be a problem next FAncy (or could you use the money more effective for a 3)?
  • What will they demand when their contracts expire? You don't want to spend all-star/starter money twice on one position!
  • So if they sign bigger deals one has to be traded. But the players know that - so I doubt both will sign such a contract if they get offers from other teams, because everybody prefers to choose his new team. And if you sign as a free agent the new team doesn't has to give up assets for you.
  • Dennis is a RFA and so he is under team control at least the next two seasons, while Jeff could sign wherever he wants to and you could lose him for nothing
  • Jeff is much easier to ship because of his higher salary
  • Have the Hawks a real shot at the title this year? I heavily doubt that - so should the Hawks lose Jeff for nothing only for a chance to reach the ECF again?
  • Jeff may be the better fit for Bud-ball, because Dennis needs the ball in his hand more. Will Dennis adjust his game or would Bud adjust the team's play for Dennis? But the system isn't really working already this year, because Korver isn't the weapon he was last year.
Edited by rd79

3 hours ago, rd79 said:

Honestly, that's not the question. 

The problems to adress  are:

• Can they co-exist long term?
  • It seems it doesn't work out well when both share the floor. So, if you develop Dennis, you can't use Teague as much as you should and if you use Jeff 36+ mins you can't develop Dennis.
  • Will Jeff's cap hit be a problem next FAncy (or could you use the money more effective for a 3)?
  • What will they demand when their contracts expire? You don't want to spend all-star/starter money twice on one position!
  • So if they sign bigger deals one has to be traded. But the players know that - so I doubt both will sign such a contract if they get offers from other teams, because everybody prefers to choose his new team. And if you sign as a free agent the new team doesn't has to give up assets for you.
  • Dennis is a RFA and so he is under team control at least the next two seasons, while Jeff could sign wherever he wants to and you could lose him for nothing
  • Jeff is much easier to ship because of his higher salary
  • Have the Hawks a real shot at the title this year? I heavily doubt that - so should the Hawks lose Jeff for nothing only for a chance to reach the ECF again?
  • Jeff may be the better fit for Bud-ball, because Dennis needs the ball in his hand more. Will Dennis adjust his game or would Bud adjust the team's play for Dennis? But the system isn't really working already this year, because Korver isn't the weapon he was last year.

Dennis is a better prospect and has more potential  but he's not ready to lead us to playoff success.  For some, the now is everything and it is what it is. 

On 1/30/2016 at 7:08 PM, Lurker said:

I'll say what I've said elsewhere here. The answer for who will likely be the better player is Schröder, but he needs to learn more about running an offense than the pnr.

Schröder  is no where near the player Teague is..He isn't as athletic and he is a horrible backcourt mate.. Pay attention to how he looks off the shooting guard on every possession.. He need to be surrounded by guys like Korver and Thabo who can't create there own shot..He has a phobia of other playmakers like Hardaway being on the floor with him..I have just learned to accept Dennis for who he is a selfish Scorer like Shelvin Mack..When Dennis is in the game I like for him to be ultra aggressive and score 20 points efficiently..

Edited by LastDon

29 minutes ago, Ekyo said:

selfish scorer might be a little far-fetched...

He is a selfish player..He is looking to score or assist on every play..He is all for his own personal statistics..He doesn't know how to play with other guards.. So we jus have to let him be who he is..When he scores well all is well..When he doesn't we are screwed..