• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

7 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

I support this move too,  hawks have really good team chemistry but they 've been struggling since Demarre Caroll left.

What move?  Stand pat and add a backup big?  Nah, that sounds sensible and all but we're not just trying to maintain, we'd like to ascend.  How would you feel if the Spurs didn't have so many rings and appeared content to just make the playoffs?

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We been saying this for years and they just gotten to the ECF with the best year in franchise history. I don't agree especially seeing how the east isn't getting better at the top. 

C'mon... It was a token appearance and it meant nothing. They got easily handled by Cleveland, and they only got there because they (barely) beat two crappy teams that aren't even in the playoff race this year.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Y'all still hate Bud for undervalue the 15th pick but you wanna undervalue our best players. Get out.

Because they're not getting the job done. Teague is having maybe his worst season as a starter and Horford is having one of the worst years of his career. I know he was (undeserving) given an all star appearance, but he is too soft now. Trade him. I mean, there are still teams that  think he will score in the low post and so ship him out while they still think that.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

C'mon... It was a token appearance and it meant nothing. They got easily handled by Cleveland, and they only got there because they (barely) beat two crappy teams that aren't even in the playoff race this year.

They didn't have Thabo and Carroll was hurt

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What move?  Stand pat and add a backup big?  Nah, that sounds sensible and all but we're not just trying to maintain, we'd like to ascend.  How would you feel if the Spurs didn't have so many rings and appeared content to just make the playoffs?

I didn't say i didn't support a trade..  trade or no trade/add a player both moves would be fine with me, and that's just my opinion.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Bleacher Report reported each team's "most likely to be traded" candidates and listed the Sixers' Robert Covington.  He's an active SF that is big and plays pretty good defense and has shot the 3 well enough to respect his shot.  He's only making $1 million this season.  Could he be the type of small move that could possibly move the needle for the Hawks?  Another player on that list was the Pacers Jordan Hill, who's having a nice season and rebounds well.  He's only making $4.0 million this season and could be another "under the radar" kind of move that would help if Splitter is out for the year.  

1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

Bleacher Report reported each team's "most likely to be traded" candidates and listed the Sixers' Robert Covington.  He's an active SF that is big and plays pretty good defense and has shot the 3 well enough to respect his shot.  He's only making $1 million this season.  Could he be the type of small move that could possibly move the needle for the Hawks?  Another player on that list was the Pacers Jordan Hill, who's having a nice season and rebounds well.  He's only making $4.0 million this season and could be another "under the radar" kind of move that would help if Splitter is out for the year.  

What do they want for him? 

5 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I've wanted  Jordan Hill 2 years now.  Covington would also be a nice  add at  the right price.

Just now, NBASupes said:

They probably want a 1st. Not sure if he's worth it. 

How would everyone feel about Teague for Jordan and George Hill?  That helps our rebounding and gives us a backup PG that has played in the Spurs system that is actually a good spot up 3pt. shooter.  Teague is definitely a superior PG than Hill, but would getting Jordan Hill along with him be enough for us?  It works in the trade machine.  

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

That's not necessarily true.  And I'm not saying standing pat is the wrong move for the record.

Well No, nothing in this thread is neccessarily true;  isnt that the whole point of a speculative thread discussing assumptiongs, rampant speculation and rumors?  Some strange stating the obvious pontificating on this board - no offense, just keep seeing it, maybe we are just tired of talking about the same shit over and over

more of the obvious from me :  BIG picture given no team is clearly trying to give any edge or any decent piece they feel is of any value without getting more value in return its all - shit.  Given the overall status of the league and obvious favorites its hard to really make much change here.  Its really hurting basketball when you think about it - ppl talking about Durant going to the Warriors - hows this now?  That old cliche about superstars exists for a reason, Its very unlike Hockey, football, and Baseball in this regard.  The best players make differences and create dynamics that make it very hard for other teams that dont have them through draft or FA, make something sustainable.....because of the rising of salaries non elites get paid the same etc.,  I thought for some reason NBA was done with this - I came back a few years ago but seems to be still a huge issue, Im not sure how then can really address it ? 

Its very clear to see how many teams wanting to make changes are kinda stuck other than little tickey tack changes - and begs the question of parity in this game and really whats the point if you cant make a difference. 

Edited by hylndr11

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Time to make a move BudCox!!!

Isn't there a deadline in the NBA for season ending injuries and salary/roster relief or am I wrong on that?  If so, when is it?  Since our roster stands at 15, it would help us not to waive anyone should we bring back more players than sending out in a potential deal  

Edited by Dragitoff
added to statement.

2 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Isn't there a deadline in the NBA for season ending injuries and salary/roster relief or am I wrong on that?  If so, when is it?  Since our roster stands at 15, it would help us not to waive anyone.  

Injury exemption, not sure how it works.

Description:  The team's selected replacement player may be signed for a maximum salary of either 50% of the injured player's salary, or the mid-level exception for a non-luxury tax paying team, whichever is less.

So we can sign a player for $4.25 million (half)