• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fu8ball

I was thinking about the alley oops that Dennis throws to our guys like Horford, Scott, etc. I honestly think his court vision is due to soccer. I'm would assume that he might have played as a youngster and that is really benefitting him in the NBA as it has with so many others like Hakeem, Nash, Parker and other international players. It seems as though they just condense the soccer field to a bball court. It increases your field of vision to see plays develop before they actually do. So it's not only the ability to make better pinpoint bounce passes or oops but also the ability to predict your opponents moves better. Last but not least the ability to take certain angles either to the ball or towards the end lines of the court to simplify plays for yourself or your teammates. I know other players have mentioned this before and I've noticed it before as well, but as a Hawks fan, we've never had a guy like Dennis at pg who does it so well, specially considering that he's 22 years old. Next time you watch Dennis, check out the unorthodox angles that he takes and how beautiful it is, ala Tony Parker. 

I think Dennis is most certainly a keeper and a huge part of our future. Thoughts?

He has all the tools to be great.   The soccer skills clearly help.  As good as he is he still has a ways to go in terms of thinking the game through angles, anticipation, and passing creativity.    10 more pounds and a reliable jumper, sky's the limit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rd79 said:

And I thought this is a topic to name favorit soccer teams....

Lol...haha I should have used another title. Didn't mean for it to be misleading, my apologies. Soccer was my first love at age 5 though. :-)

I also noted that. In soccer any real valuable pass is when you measure space and time as such that your team-mate gets the ball in a position away from where he was when the pass was placed. Best passes are behind the defense and because of the offside-rule the pass has to be measured so that your team-mate can get there first while from a virtually same position as the defense. That makes those passes extremely hard but deadly because they put the team-mate ahead of the last line of defense. That was my specialty a.o at the NEC youthteam(1st Dutch league). My rolemodels where Stojskov, Cantona and Effenberg. I pretended to be a diva just like them(well i had similar thick hams) and rolled out lines like "im making the ball move, so i dont have to move"...to much of the lazy over-confident type cost me a career. But those passes came easy to me.

fav teams

NEC Nijmegen

Feyenoord Rotterdam

Hertha BSC Berlin

On 3/19/2016 at 8:37 PM, Spud2Nique said:

I was thinking about the alley oops that Dennis throws to our guys like Horford, Scott, etc. I honestly think his court vision is due to soccer. I'm would assume that he might have played as a youngster and that is really benefitting him in the NBA as it has with so many others like Hakeem, Nash, Parker and other international players. It seems as though they just condense the soccer field to a bball court. It increases your field of vision to see plays develop before they actually do. So it's not only the ability to make better pinpoint bounce passes or oops but also the ability to predict your opponents moves better. Last but not least the ability to take certain angles either to the ball or towards the end lines of the court to simplify plays for yourself or your teammates. I know other players have mentioned this before and I've noticed it before as well, but as a Hawks fan, we've never had a guy like Dennis at pg who does it so well, specially considering that he's 22 years old. Next time you watch Dennis, check out the unorthodox angles that he takes and how beautiful it is, ala Tony Parker. 

I think Dennis is most certainly a keeper and a huge part of our future. Thoughts?

I think so but this may be the summer where Bud has to make a decision. Bud seems to like coaching vets, trading Dennis could lead to them getting their final piece for a championship.

9 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

I encourage any Atlanta sports fan to become a Manchester City fan. They don't win everything, but they are a fantastic team to support.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yeah, but aren't they tied to NYCFC, who will be one of Atlanta's MLS opponents? 

I didn't think Pellegrini was doing that bad, they just won the league like two years ago.  I guess if you have a shot at Pep, you take it, but dang, they have some serious "What have you done for me lately?" issues.

How I hate russian oligarch, arab prince, chinese businessman owned clubs. They suck the soul out of clubs. Yes they buy you lots of nice players, but a normal income cant buy a ticket anymore. I'd rather suck.

8 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

How I hate russian oligarch, arab prince, chinese businessman owned clubs. They suck the soul out of clubs. Yes they buy you lots of nice players, but a normal income cant buy a ticket anymore. I'd rather suck.

So does Hansa... No chance for such clubs with teams like Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim & Leipzig pushed by lots of money... Soul of Fußball was already sold...

Edited by rd79

Yeah, but aren't they tied to NYCFC, who will be one of Atlanta's MLS opponents? 

I didn't think Pellegrini was doing that bad, they just won the league like two years ago.  I guess if you have a shot at Pep, you take it, but dang, they have some serious "What have you done for me lately?" issues.

Yeah, City Football Group owns NYCFC, as well as a couple of other clubs across the world. Right now they're linked to a club in the Chinese Super League. And the club knew they were getting Guardiola 3 seasons ago, so Pellegrini has been more or less of a caretaker manager for us. Even he knew he'd only have 3 years at the club. But his time has come already. Our team is in terrible form, and after today's loss, it looks like Champions League football might be in doubt.

Well as an American, I honestly don't feel the effects of the commercialization of football. I know City fans hate it and there's been talk of a walkout to protest the PSG ticket prices, similar to what Liverpool did. I know local fans in Europe hate what the game is turning into, but from my standpoint it honestly doesn't bother me.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk