• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HOW THE HAWKS WILL WIN THE 2017 FINALS

aali34

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Oh, no, no see, JBird posted that gif as her reaction to Diesel's equating prime-Durant to prime-Korver.  See, she disagrees with his assertion and utilized the gif as a representation of her feelings rather than expressing them in the written form.

cndcnd

Boom.

What the................lololololol.  

Well said......lololololol. 

My guess is - KD goes to Boston.

Actually I think (GM) Danny Ainge has been "building this team around KD".

Now don't get me wrong - Ainge isn't expecting him to be a "one-man-team" ...Lebron clone.   He's just expecting him to be a really, really good 2 - 3 combo wing- and at a few times a 4 in a small lineup.  Ainge will build the lineup around him to protect him defensively...then the coach will likely get more out more out of him defensively than at OKC.

The Boston Celtics are RICH...but not as rich as the New York Knickerbockers...and they cannot afford to do what the NYKs have done and gone years without being competitive for the ECFs.

• Premium Member

My question is why would KD want to got to a team where he is one of the older players who is expected to guide all of the young talent they have?

One reason why I think Lebron was better in miami was because he was with his peers in Dwade, and CB. Norris Cole was one of the only young players on the team. Not saying the cavs dont have vets, just not reliable ones( JR smith)

That also may be why the spurs and warriors have had success. The spurs big three of old and the current warriors trio ere all close to the same age and probably got along better than they would if Tim Duncan was 39 surrounded by 3 year olds. Almost everyone on the hawks are close to KD's age and want to win now, they aren't in a rebuild like the celtics. 

The celtics are a good team, but their biggest leverage is giving him a big contract and not much else. Even if they try to surround him with talent, the second biggest free agent is ON the Hawks. After that, the rest are'nt as talented.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is interesting.  You bolded a part... but you bolded the wrong part.  Let me help you:

I said:  " he has the ability to become a standstill shooter in our offense"

I said that after saying that he is a "Gifted Scorer".

Keep twitching.

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is interesting.  You bolded a part... but you bolded the wrong part.  Let me help you:

Keep twitching.

And why pray tell would he become a standstill shooter in our offense when he is so much more than that.  Standstill shooting is Korver's one and only skillset.  KD like you pointed out is a gifted scorer in many ways.  He can handle the ball to get to the paint and score or pass - so equating him to KD still leaves me "twitching"

8 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

My guess is - KD goes to Boston.

Actually I think (GM) Danny Ainge has been "building this team around KD".

Now don't get me wrong - Ainge isn't expecting him to be a "one-man-team" ...Lebron clone.   He's just expecting him to be a really, really good 2 - 3 combo wing- and at a few times a 4 in a small lineup.  Ainge will build the lineup around him to protect him defensively...then the coach will likely get more out more out of him defensively than at OKC.

The Boston Celtics are RICH...but not as rich as the New York Knickerbockers...and they cannot afford to do what the NYKs have done and gone years without being competitive for the ECFs.

Why in the world, with all the teams at his disposal, would KD go to Boston?  Ainge isn't building his team around anything.  He's just randomly amassing "assets" in the hopes that he'll luck into a trade for a "superstar".

Also, don't underestimate how "rich" the Celtics franchise is.

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Keep twitching.

C'mon Diesel.  I've never given you the 1-star post treatment but .... I'm close.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And why pray tell would he become a standstill shooter in our offense when he is so much more than that.  Standstill shooting is Korver's one and only skillset.  KD like you pointed out is a gifted scorer in many ways.  He can handle the ball to get to the paint and score or pass - so equating him to KD still leaves me "twitching"

Let's take Korver out of the offense.   What about other 3s that we have had in the offense?

Thabo?  Bazemore?  DMC?

Don't we tend to make everybody a 3 point shooter?  Even Horf, Pero and Millsap...

We play Pick and Roll with our 5s (sometimes) but most of our other positions (especially the 3) is sitting on the three point line drawing attention.

I don't see us putting in plays for KD to drive the lane.   We haven't done that for anybody else.

Here's an interesting tidbit:

DMC 2012 - 70 three  pters attempted.

DMC 2013 -  268 three pointers attempted.

DMC 2014 - 304 three pointers attempted.

Moreover, his 3point to 2 point attempted ration was 572/723 for his time with us...

Now if Bud gives the greenlight to a guy who previously had only shoot 30% from 3 point land and NOT make him a slasher.

What do you think he will do with KD?   Coming off of a season where he shot 40% from 3point land and put up a ratio of 3 pters to 2 pters of 159/308 !!

In Bud's hands, KD is on the three point line looking like Kyle Korver.

I'm straight on KD.  He seems like the type of guy the Hawks Training Team won't like: poor lateral movement, average core strength, brittle feet.  

The superior conditioning of the Hawks as a whole usually shows up in the fourth quarter, coincidentally OKC has experienced 76ers-like futility in the fourth.  He'd be among the worst physical specimens on the team with Moose, Money Mike, and Kyle, who is still probably stronger than KD.  

Outstanding scorer, but I think his apprehension to take contact through screens and running off the ball just makes him a bad fit here, GS, or Boston.  Superstar personalities just don't fit into defensive, collegiate-styled, military-inspired programs where the Coach has total control.  

The only pipe dreams I have of a superstar who may be looking for a change of scenery in the coming years are Paul George and KAT.  Batum bet on himself in Charlotte and won, I'm sure they're gonna match whatever.  As much as I like Mike Conley he cannot come here as a new addition and start over Dennis.

49 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let's take Korver out of the offense.   What about other 3s that we have had in the offense?

Thabo?  Bazemore?  DMC?

Don't we tend to make everybody a 3 point shooter?  Even Horf, Pero and Millsap...

We play Pick and Roll with our 5s (sometimes) but most of our other positions (especially the 3) is sitting on the three point line drawing attention.

I don't see us putting in plays for KD to drive the lane.   We haven't done that for anybody else.

Here's an interesting tidbit:

DMC 2012 - 70 three  pters attempted.

DMC 2013 -  268 three pointers attempted.

DMC 2014 - 304 three pointers attempted.

Moreover, his 3point to 2 point attempted ration was 572/723 for his time with us...

Now if Bud gives the greenlight to a guy who previously had only shoot 30% from 3 point land and NOT make him a slasher.

What do you think he will do with KD?   Coming off of a season where he shot 40% from 3point land and put up a ratio of 3 pters to 2 pters of 159/308 !!

In Bud's hands, KD is on the three point line looking like Kyle Korver.

It's because they are just NOT GOOD at it.  DMC, Thabo, Baze - All suspect handles.  You take what a player is good at and make them great, the weaknesses you try to limit as much as possible.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's because they are just NOT GOOD at it.  DMC, Thabo, Baze - All suspect handles.  You take what a player is good at and make them great, the weaknesses you try to limit as much as possible.

YES!....Please listen to Becky Hammon here....lol

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

YES!....Please listen to Becky Hammon here....lol

Dangit, Spud2.  Should've totally gone with Nancy Lieberman.  Becky's actually kinda cute-ish.  Definitely on my 'would' list.

Just now, kg01 said:

Dangit, Spud2.  Should've totally gone with Nancy Lieberman.  Becky's actually kinda cute-ish.  Definitely on my 'would' list.

So by saying this you're saying that Jaybirdhawk isn't cute....oh boy, you really dug urself one here...I wish you luck. Lol. Can I do your countdown as well...lol..

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

So by saying this you're saying that Jaybirdhawk isn't cute....oh boy, you really dug urself one here...I wish you luck. Lol. Can I do your countdown as well...lol..

Nooo, I'm saying it would've been funnier to compare her to someone who isn't cute.  Take notes, sun.

Plus, ain't nobody a-scrared of JBird (notice no @-mention :biggrin:)

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Nooo, I'm saying it would've been funnier to compare her to someone who isn't cute.  Take notes, sun.

Plus, ain't nobody a-scrared of JBird (notice no @-mention :biggrin:)

evil-pageant-child.gif

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

DMC is not KD with the handles, but I have seen him do his share of bringing the ball up (while he was here)... Moreover, as a 30% 3 point shooter coming into Atlanta, The dude took 268 threes his first year as a Hawk.  Even if he had Suspect handles, you don't put that guy on the three point line unless that's your schooling.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

DMC is not KD with the handles, but I have seen him do his share of bringing the ball up (while he was here)... Moreover, as a 30% 3 point shooter coming into Atlanta, The dude took 268 threes his first year as a Hawk.  Even if he had Suspect handles, you don't put that guy on the three point line unless that's your schooling.

Just like KD is not Kyle even in this offense. Kyle's  game is running off a boatload of screens to get his open looks and shots. Even if DMC or Baze are shooting 3s they aren't running around screens to get their 3s. Total different game plan.