• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Areas to improve this offseason

NBASupes

1. Perimeter shooting and scoring- We need guys who can put the ball on the floor, they move off the ball and can shoot the ball with more consistency. 

2. Off the bench scoring in the post- Getting a Greg Monroe, Jahlil Okafor or Enes Kanter is critical for our offensive depth in the paint.

3. A legit sized SF since we started two smaller PFs in the post. 

I don't think a superstar is exactly the answer although a Durant answers a lot for us but we need more simple solutions. 

How about a player or two that can hit the big shot at crunch time? How about a low post player that can grab rebounds and defend. I don't think Al is the answer. Keep Sap or Horford but not both. Doubt Sap as much trade value and I don't think he can play small forward. Two wing players is a necessity that can create their own shot/dribble on the floor. Now to get the players needed Teague or Dennis would probably be in a deal. I am not sure other than free agency how to get the other players. I don't think Barnes should be a max player but it will take a big contract to land him since most players don't want to come to Atlanta. I'm watching Toronto and OKC and they have better big men  than Al.Hawks need to find another big man.Not sure if you can keep Al but if you do another big needs to be found to develop and come in to offset players like TT of Cleveland.  

58 minutes ago, thescout5 said:

How about a player or two that can hit the big shot at crunch time? How about a low post player that can grab rebounds and defend. I don't think Al is the answer. Keep Sap or Horford but not both. Doubt Sap as much trade value and I don't think he can play small forward. Two wing players is a necessity that can create their own shot/dribble on the floor. Now to get the players needed Teague or Dennis would probably be in a deal. I am not sure other than free agency how to get the other players. I don't think Barnes should be a max player but it will take a big contract to land him since most players don't want to come to Atlanta. I'm watching Toronto and OKC and they have better big men  than Al.Hawks need to find another big man.Not sure if you can keep Al but if you do another big needs to be found to develop and come in to offset players like TT of Cleveland.  

Sap is a top 15-20 player as well as Horford. He has unquestioned value as does Al. Sap would have to be moved sooner than later or that team will lose his extention rights which is critical for any team that trades for him. 

I am on the train to keep Al. I am aware of his issues and yes, I am taking back of his soft play this year in trying to preserve himself for a max contract. He don't want to end up like Noah where his value is 8-10 instead of max level like now. With that said, he's our best defender,  makes everyone job easier on defense, makes everyone job easier on offense and can give you 15 any given night with a lot of versatility. Most out of every NBA big in this league with exceptional BBIQ. 

Besides, Noah would be the perfect fit for him as Noah not only fits our system but gives us a high BBIQ, high energy player we lost in Carroll back again in a system that doesn't overwork you and has a great medical staff.

Millsap for Gallinari and their lotto pick is a perfect trade for them and a good trade for us. We could get Jaylen Brown, local kid with very good talent or Buddy Hield who would be great in our system. This would kill two birds with one stone. Clearly Sap is much better than Gallinari but it's a good trade nonetheless since we would get the 7th overall pick which should be our choice of wings. 

• Like 2

Teague or Millsap gotta go to improve this team. The ship has sailed on trading Al unfortunately, now you gotta try to resign him because at worst he's an asset. 

All of our wings are either defenders or shooters, none can do both consistently.  We need two way players who can go off the dribble and score. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Sap is a top 15-20 player as well as Horford. He has unquestioned value as does Al. Sap would have to be moved sooner than later or that team will lose his extention rights which is critical for any team that trades for him. 

I am on the train to keep Al. I am aware of his issues and yes, I am taking back of his soft play this year in trying to preserve himself for a max contract. He don't want to end up like Noah where his value is 8-10 instead of max level like now. With that said, he's our best defender,  makes everyone job easier on defense, makes everyone job easier on offense and can give you 15 any given night with a lot of versatility. Most out of every NBA big in this league with exceptional BBIQ. 

Besides, Noah would be the perfect fit for him as Noah not only fits our system but gives us a high BBIQ, high energy player we lost in Carroll back again in a system that doesn't overwork you and has a great medical staff.

Millsap for Gallinari and their lotto pick is a perfect trade for them and a good trade for us. We could get Jaylen Brown, local kid with very good talent or Buddy Hield who would be great in our system. This would kill two birds with one stone. Clearly Sap is much better than Gallinari but it's a good trade nonetheless since we would get the 7th overall pick which should be our choice of wings. 

I'm down with it lets get a deal done. Hawks need to do something to shakeup the team.

Edited by thescout5
Forgot to add info

1 hour ago, thescout5 said:

Also Noah would fit what Hawks need and add a spark. I doubt Chicago lets him go and will outbid anyone.

They want him back but don't want to pay bug money and don't want to give him more than 2 years.

I saw he was injured alot this year and lost his starting job. Maybe teaming with Horford would be a good idea. Al really needs to play power forward which would mean Sap would be traded. I think Sap gets eaten up vs bigger forwards which is why he is having issues vs Cleveland. I read up on the Jaylen Brown kid said he compares to  Jason Richardson (dunk artist) awhile ago. Hawks need some excitement to the team.  I doubt you could get Gallernari and the 7th pick . Gallernari avg 19.5 pts and 5 boards a game.I'd trade Teague or Schröder for the small forward. I don't think you'd have cap space for Harrison Barnes since he'll probably get a max. There's bound to be a good small forward available for either Teague or Schröder.Hawks would no longer get killed on the boards vs bigger teams.I know rookies sometimes have a hard adjustment so alot of pressure would be on Brown. Anyway that would certainly be a different lineup that would shake things up. Don't get me wrong I like Milsap but he struggles to much vs bigger players so if I had to choose I'd keep Horford.  

1.Horford

2.Noah

3.??

4.Schröder or Teague

5.Brown

Who knows with this bunch. One minute, i think they just need to add a scoring small forward.  The next, they gonna have horford camping out in 3 point line, so i think they need a rebounder to help Sap.  Hawks are all over the place, depending who they play against.  

Edited by Hawkmoor

Gallinari is definitely on the market for an upgrade. You simply can't get him for Millsap. That is a 100% no from Atlanta. Gallinari is a top 50 NBA player who's a top 10 SF. Sap is one of the best players in the NBA. He's a player who many will consider a franchise player. Not a cornerstone but someone that you can build with which Gallo is a nice piece. They have options but no one is trading them a top 20 player, not even us.

As for Teague, I am not interested in trading him. I like our two headed monster and I still don't trust Dennis. I would rather keep both especially since we own Dennis rights completely for a year. With that said, if the value you there, he can be traded by the draft.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1) Horford is not a top 25 player in this league.

2) Denver is not trading Gallo and a lottery pick for a guy who's essentially a rental and would most certainly leave as a free agent next offseason.

Hoping Dennis turns into a high level every game PG for our future but right now trading Teague or Milsap looks like a big mistake. Like Jody said it does not make sense for another team to trade good value for a rental anyway. In this case Denver.

23 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

1) Horford is not a top 25 player in this league.

2) Denver is not trading Gallo and a lottery pick for a guy who's essentially a rental and would most certainly leave as a free agent next offseason.

Yes the hell he is. Don't start or I will dismantle you. Do you want to go there?

He's not a rental yet. You can extend him and now we have his full bird rights so in any trade, you can extend him to this year's max. Denver is the most extension friendly team in the NBA. 

Edited by NBASupes

24 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Before anything is done this offseason, it needs to be clear what the objective is.  Are they trying to compete for titles or are they just content to be "competitive"?

It's about being smart. Not being stupid.

The NBA is like the NFL if your starters were all QB. You can't be hasty with Qbs. You can't be that way with NBA starters. You guys do realize Al is far more productive than the average #3 overall pick right? Getting a player like Al is extremely hard to find. Especially in today's versatile NBA. 

Same for Sap to some degree. Same for Dennis and Jeff. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Gallinari is definitely on the market for an upgrade. You simply can't get him for Millsap. That is a 100% no from Atlanta. Gallinari is a top 50 NBA player who's a top 10 SF. Sap is one of the best players in the NBA. He's a player who many will consider a franchise player. Not a cornerstone but someone that you can build with which Gallo is a nice piece. They have options but no one is trading them a top 20 player, not even us.

As for Teague, I am not interested in trading him. I like our two headed monster and I still don't trust Dennis. I would rather keep both especially since we own Dennis rights completely for a year. With that said, if the value you there, he can be traded by the draft.

I agree about the backcourt. They got to keep both because neither one of them can be trusted to run the team.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

I agree about the backcourt. They got to keep both because neither one of them can be trusted to run the team.

I think both can run a legit playoff team. But I would rather have both instead of one. Horford is irreplaceable to me. Millsap is very hard to replace. Same for the PG's.  We get more production from our PG'S than any team not named Golden State. Which they have an elite PG and a great overall squad.