• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Discussing Jason Walker's Suggestions .

Diesel

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Hey, I'm just an 'idea' guy.  Don't yell at me.  I think change is coming in TOR once they lose this series they should be winning.

I'm not yelling. Just trying to find logic in your idea. To make it past the first round is a huge deal, they hadn't did that since the early 2000's. I think if they would have lost to Indy, Casey would have been fired. Huge decision to make on DeRozan.

2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I'm not yelling. Just trying to find logic in your idea. To make it past the first round is a huge deal, they hadn't did that since the early 2000's. I think if they would have lost to Indy, Casey would have been fired. Huge decision to make on DeRozan.

I know, just messin' around.  I still think Derozan leaves for LAL thereby making the decision for them.  I expect them to be hot after Bazemore as a result.

I also think they still fire Casey.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

f50dmq.jpg

The radio guys were talking about Bud and Al having lunch today.

Dang, Bird.  Shave a little before takin' a selfie with Budz n' Alice.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kg01 said:

What tha?  Keeping the same players has inspired confidence?

That's only an argument for why Kyle was ineffective.  Had nothing to do with interior play.  Think I'm wrong?  What's POR's interior presence?  If Kyle could get separation on his own the way POR's guards can, he'd get open shots too.

If My Aunt had __________ she'd be my uncle.

Point is...  Portland have two very good guards.  Possibly the second best guard tandem in the league.    Kyle is old.  Has anybody noticed that yet.  He's old and still aging, he's not going to play like POR's guards.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I know, just messin' around.  I still think Derozan leaves for LAL thereby making the decision for them.  I expect them to be hot after Bazemore as a result.

I also think they still fire Casey.

Oh, got ya. If LA is dumb to get him despite Clarkson being a better fit, that's a W for TOR. Bazemore would be a great fit for TOR. It's funny how they got a few Hawks (Johnson, Carroll, Bebe) over there.

I like Casey's defense but if they had an offensive scheme like Bud's they'd be scary.

15 hours ago, Diesel said:

In Walker's latest Blog...  He makes the following suggestions.

1. Sign Al Horford

2. Get off the fence at Point Guard

3. Say goodbye to Baze

4. Use the Draft effectively

5. Continue to find the next low-budget, high-minute player

6. Find their Mojo

These are six points.  Let's review.

1.  Sign Horford?  Horford is not Tim Duncan.   I think there should be a limitation to how much we pay.

2.  I believe that the PG thing is solved if Teague is not injured.

3.  If we could keep him, why let him go.  It will depend on how much he wants.

4.  Taurean Green!!  Nuff Said.

5.  Specifically, we need a Sf and a BU C.   Let's say goodbye to Splitter if he can't be our BU without injure.  I have been talking about Dwight Howard but is not about spending that much money.  As far as SF, here's the list:  Barnes, Batum, Jeff Green.  Here's the BIgs list:  Humphries, Mozgov, Gortat.   Out of that list, maybe we can get 3.

What do you think?

I had always thought better of Jason Walker.  These proposals don't really change much.  Could we please get someone other than a low budget player?

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

f50dmq.jpg

The radio guys were talking about Bud and Al having lunch today.

Damn.  What restaurant is that and why on earth would they sit right out on the street.   They probably got interrupted 100 times.

I would have loved to hear that conversation.   Nice to see Bud is going right after Horford.   Where is Wilcox?  

8 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Damn.  What restaurant is that and why on earth would they sit right out on the street.   They probably got interrupted 100 times.

I would have loved to hear that conversation.   Nice to see Bud is going right after Horford.   Where is Wilcox?  

Wilcox is at the predraft work outs?

Amazing how teams like Toronto,OKC, Golden State keep coming up with bigs and Portland their guards. What have the Hawks added recently? You got to invest if your going to compete and it always seems the Hawks take 10 cent players and try to make them into big time over achievers. Hawks came up with Schröder but other than him who the last few years. Hawks need to make some moves not just minor moves to close the gap vs the Cavs.

I like the idea of going after Mosgov if Hawks lose out on Horford. Even with Horford Hawks need to find some rebounding. This will never happen but imagine adding Beal and Mosgov plus bringing back Horford. Their not superstars but would really help close the gap. Hawks probably don't have enough money to do all that. Sap certainly will want more money after next year so might be a good time to see what you can get. I just know if you make minor changes it won't help much. Hawks will go out again 1st or 2nd rd next year. Changes are needed it is clear.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2016 at 6:44 AM, Diesel said:

In Walker's latest Blog...  He makes the following suggestions.

1. Sign Al Horford

2. Get off the fence at Point Guard

3. Say goodbye to Baze

4. Use the Draft effectively

5. Continue to find the next low-budget, high-minute player

6. Find their Mojo

1 thru 4 is solid.  He lost it at 5 and 6.............