• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would Deroazan, Durant, Milsap/Horford be a contending trio?

HawkItus

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Please don't put words in my mouth.  I'm not saying it's fool proof.  I'm saying what we're doing isn't getting us anywhere - and there's a lot of data to support that.  The question is simply, at what point do you decide that we need to rebuild?  Or does this never happen?

As far as early 2000's...how do we just ignore the fact that we had an idiot of a GM piloting the ship directed by a regime that refused to make any changes?  We didn't work towards anything...  We drafted poorly and we've kept the same philosophy since we made the playoffs in 2008.

You can find examples for every case.   All i'm saying is that a total rebuild is no more certain than continuing to add talent to a good team.   I actually think it's worse but that's just opinion just like the idea that blowing it up and starting over is more effective. 

You can't just look at examples of blowing it up and for the ones that didn't work add hindsight excuses of idiot gms etc.   That's all a part of the gamble of rebuilding.  

How is what we're doing not getting us anywhere?   What Bud is doing and Ferry started has taken us from an 8th seed 1st round loser to top half of the eastern conference for 2 years.   And it took just 2 years to get to this point despite a huge scandal and ownership change that handcuffed the franchise for a year and a half.    So what exactly isn't working?   

• Like 4

• Moderators

For the last couple of years, I expected this to be a team that won around 50 games, a 3-6 seed and was a second round playoff exit.  Other than one spectacular month which pushed us into a very favorable playoff seed last  year, that is who we have been and who I expect us to be next year.  Now maybe we trade Teague or sign Durant or do something that is transformational but otherwise I don't expect us to make the next step into contender status and am concerned that our core (which we love) is at its peak today with downside as they progress into their 30's.

I wanted to rebuild a couple of years ago but we didn't and now I'd rather take a shot at doing something transformational before we go into a true star hunting rebuild even though I don't see a path for us to become contenders that I think is realistic.  It is just that we are close enough that a transformational move could make that a reality now so take your shot at it.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

For the last couple of years, I expected this to be a team that won around 50 games, a 3-6 seed and was a second round playoff exit.  Other than one spectacular month which pushed us into a very favorable playoff seed last  year, that is who we have been and who I expect us to be next year.  Now maybe we trade Teague or sign Durant or do something that is transformational but otherwise I don't expect us to make the next step into contender status and am concerned that our core (which we love) is at its peak today with downside as they progress into their 30's.

I wanted to rebuild a couple of years ago but we didn't and now I'd rather take a shot at doing something transformational before we go into a true star hunting rebuild even though I don't see a path for us to become contenders that I think is realistic.  It is just that we are close enough that a transformational move could make that a reality now so take your shot at it.  

@AHFI just proposed Teague and Splitter for Marc Gasol in NBA TRADE IDEAS FORUM - Is that transformational enough for ya