• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would Deroazan, Durant, Milsap/Horford be a contending trio?

HawkItus

• Admin

Never will happen in a million years

Now my comments on Derozan is have you ever watched him play?  His shot selection is Horrible ... almost Nick Youngish ... he is a big time chucker.  I don't even think we should pursue him at all.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It would definitely be a contending trio.   I actually like Derozan because he can friggin score.   Maybe he is a chucker but i've grown tired of watching a whole team of guys who are scared or incapable of scoring.     I mean this is the NBA.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Never will happen in a million years

Now my comments on Derozan is have you ever watched him play?  His shot selection is Horrible ... almost Nick Youngish ... he is a big time chucker.  I don't even think we should pursue him at all.

It could happen, we have one of the pieces here in such a scenario.   Now if we drop some players the question is could we free up enough cap space to make a run at the other two?  You need a Riley type to make it happen though.   

One thing Derozan would help with is the number of foul shots we would take every game. That would help with the win total since we don't average many as is.

• Premium Member

I like DeRozan.  I've been keeping an eye on him over the years and I like his game.  Although I LOL-ZZZZzzzzzzz.... at the thought of us having the assets to fetch Durant or him having us anywhere on his radar, I wouldn't mind adding DeRozan.  From what I hear though, he's pretty committed to the city.  Not only that, but the Lakers (his home town) are said to be high on him too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Derozen belongs on the Raptors, just look at him...Raps always pick dinasaur-esque lookin guys...Derozen, Carter, McGrady, Bosh...:-|

Lol, all those guys left though......to come south.....hmmmmmmmmmm

• Moderators

Derozen is one of those guys with a limited skill set (in his case no range) that gets away with it fine in the regular season and comes up small in the post-season when teams adjust.  Now, a Durant / Horford team would be beasty in the East but Derozan would be a distant 3rd with that pairing (with a good chance to fall behind Dennis into 4th).

• Like 2

Just now, HawkItus said:

Lol, all those guys left though......to come south.....hmmmmmmmmmm

At some point you feel the need to exit Jurassic park for greener pastures. Lol.

• Moderators
Just now, RWF said:

Durant will not come here.

It sure feels that way but at least we have real ownership now, an established coaching staff and organization, plans for a new arena, state of the art training facilities and staff, and solid role players.     At some point you think that would be appealing.   The city is already one of the most popular among NBA players.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Derozen is one of those guys with a limited skill set (in his case no range) that gets away with it fine in the regular season and comes up small in the post-season when teams adjust.  Now, a Durant / Horford team would be beasty in the East but Derozan would be a distant 3rd with that pairing (with a good chance to fall behind Dennis into 4th).

Agree with all the above.  I was going to chime in with STTE, "Derozan?  How about De-no-zan!"  Figured yours was a much more intelligent explanation of why Derozan's fool's gold.

A number of the players on other teams have a second residence here and most players compliment the city. Never fully understood FAs in general not wanting to play here other than the Spirit. The Spirit were inconsistent with their wallets. They sure opened them to keep Joe here though.

For all those gripes about Derozan, remember they said the same about Crawford before he got here, Smith before Cleveland, etc.   Players can change with better coaching and support.   You guys act like everything is constant.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

For all those gripes about Derozan, remember they said the same about Crawford before he got here, Smith before Cleveland, etc.   Players can change with better coaching and support.   You guys act like everything is constant.

And no player is perfect.   Scorers often have no shame in shot selection.   I've been as guilty as anyone around here but my patience is at an end.   We downgrade Derozan but he's a much better offensive player than anyone on the Hawks.   It's not even close.  

• Like 3

As enticing as that is, let's be realistic here. You're telling me that in one offseason, the Hawks are going to acquire a former MVP in Durant and an All-Star performer in DeRozan in free agency? 

I'd love to see it, but that alarm clock keeps waking me up...

1 hour ago, Dejay said:

As enticing as that is, let's be realistic here. You're telling me that in one offseason, the Hawks are going to acquire a former MVP in Durant and an All-Star performer in DeRozan in free agency? 

I'd love to see it, but that alarm clock keeps waking me up...

It is a long shot.  But, if you could just get them to visit together, with Paul/Horf in the room.  Pitch how you would trade whomever needs to be traded to make it happen.   If they say now, they say no.   But, if you heard the Hawks made this pitch wouldn't you feel better that no stones have been left unturned?