• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hope to see Tavares next season

aali34

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2016 at 9:30 AM, benhillboy said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  He moves like a baby deer with degenerative bone disease.

Was trying to edit my last post but missed the window.

Anyway, don't think of him as a gazelle, think of him more as a giraffe.

5 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Lotta upside.  I don't know if he'll be ready this year or next.  This year wouldn't surprise me.

He was always going to be a long-term project.  His minutes will likely increase slightly next year but he'll still spend quite a bit of time in the D League because he needs game time improve.  So, the following year is when we can expect him to become a regular contributor.  

The one thing about Edy is that he would make an interesting kicker in a trade.  I personally hope the Hawks keep him around and don't give up on him so easily.  It would be interesting to see Edy and Dennis as part of an up and coming squad for the Hawks in a year or so.

• Like 3

When we picked him I thought he was 2-3 years away from making any meaningful impact at all. I still think he's a year or two away but I wouldn't be shocked to see him get some minutes next year, depending on how his development is going. It's kind of a tragedy how late he started playing basketball. If he started learning the game as a kid he would I think he'd be a great player NOW, except due to his late start I don't think he'll ever truly learn the game until his late 20's or early 30's (if he can make it in the NBA that long). I still have a bit of hope in him developing into something special though.

• Like 2

On May 26, 2016 at 9:02 AM, ATLSmith said:

He was always going to be a long-term project.  His minutes will likely increase slightly next year but he'll still spend quite a bit of time in the D League because he needs game time improve.  So, the following year is when we can expect him to become a regular contributor.  

The one thing about Edy is that he would make an interesting kicker in a trade.  I personally hope the Hawks keep him around and don't give up on him so easily.  It would be interesting to see Edy and Dennis as part of an up and coming squad for the Hawks in a year or so.

5 hours ago, Blazemore said:

When we picked him I thought he was 2-3 years away from making any meaningful impact at all. I still think he's a year or two away but I wouldn't be shocked to see him get some minutes next year, depending on how his development is going. It's kind of a tragedy how late he started playing basketball. If he started learning the game as a kid he would I think he'd be a great player NOW, except due to his late start I don't think he'll ever truly learn the game until his late 20's or early 30's (if he can make it in the NBA that long). I still have a bit of hope in him developing into something special though.

Agreeing with you both. Seeing Dennis and Edy as a tandem in the NBA playing like what they did a couple of years ago in the summer league would be fun to watch. Up and down the court and Edy scoring off a pass no one else could get up high enough to reach. Really we wouldn't be discussing this this so much if his team overseas had not been about to offer Edy a big and long term contract and out of fear we signed him to four years at that time. So that is a very big part of his being green, he hadn't developed enough with his limited experience. Just didn't know when or if we would have ever gotten him here. 

Edy just doesn't have the temperament for playing True C in the NBA.  I've seen him pushed to the floor by Bigs with one hand and the ball wrestled out his arms by guards.  Sorry.  Flip him for a stash and keep it #treadmillin like the Hawks do.

Edited by benhillboy