• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The unthinkable.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's what nobody is really considering but I was thinking.

We all believe in the mancrush that Budcox has on Horford.  However, what if Budcox let Horford WALK?  I mean what if they let him test the waters, a team like Boston offers him the Max and Budcox says... Let's just let him go?

That would mean that we continued into free agency with 28.9 Million to spend.   If we renounce Hinrich, that means, 34.3 Million in the kitty.

Tell me Squawkers with 34.3 Million, what would you do?

Here's my plan:

1.  Dennis for Pelican's pick (Jaylen Brown).  = 37 Million .

2.  Renounce Patterson and Moose.  = 39 Million.

3.  Sign Baze  (2 year 24 Million with Option after first).  = 28.

4.  Sign D12 (4 year 115.29 with PO after 2 year, TO after 3 year).

5. Sign Humphries to MLE.

6.   Sign Ish Smith to Vet Min.

7.  Draft Pascal Siakam and Gary Payton II.

If we can't get D12 at that price, I would take a look at Whitesides.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Your plan is so obvious. You want Dwight. You want to keep Jeff over Dennis. You don't care for Al. If this is correct without reading anything you wrote above, please like my post.

Not really.

I want Brown at Sf.  I hear rumblings about Al wanting the MAX and I cringe becuase I know it means that we will have a shot at NOBODY.  We have roughly 9 Million dollars to spend with Al's caphold.  That's OK.  However, If we max AL out, it effects us for years.  Like I said before, I'm good with giving him 21-22 Million.. but 28?  He's not worth that.  Moreover, I see him as a stretch 4 now because he's too weak to be a real C.  IF we traded Millsap for Whitesides, Signed Al for 22, and brought in Brown and traded Teague to Denver for Mudiay and their pick (Brown).. I would be all for it.

However, here's the problems:  Dennis is more valuable than Teague.   Denver would have to be in range to get Jaylen Brown.  Whitesides can't be traded for  23 and I don't know if AL will settle on 22.

• Premium Member

There's another rumor.

The second rumor is this.  Whereever D12 goes, Parson Chandler will sign.   Right now the talk is Dallas.   Well, How much would Budcox have to do (along with a hometown discount) to get D12, Chandler here?

Secondly.

Where would   D12, Sap, and Chandler be on your Big three list?

• Premium Member

Deal #2.

Let Horf & Baze walk.

1.  Teague for Shane Larkin.

2.  Renounce Hinrich, Moose, and Patterson.

3.  Sign Chandler, D12.

4.  Sign Felton to MLE

5.  Sign Humphries.

6.  Draft Siakam and Payton II.

Here's your new Hawks:

Dennis/Larkin

Kyle/THJr

Chandler/Scott

Sap/Siakam

D12/Humphries.

No, no and a very hell No.

1. I'm  not interested in D12 to replace  Al (lateral move) for more money per year. I can guarantee  that after 1 year he'll  be bitching and looking for a trade. I don't  trust him. I would  be OK adding D12 to Al and Sap. So he would need to pickup his option then we can have a test run. If it works out the Hawks will have his Bird rights.

2. NO to smug face Chandler Parsons - he's had Microfracture on his knee and he then tore his Meniscus in the same knee to end the season All I see is a recurring knee problem.

3. NO - D12, Millsap and Parsons is not a big 3

4. NO - trading Teague for Larkin is just HORRIBLE.

5. NO to Fatty Felton.

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, no and a very hell No.

1. I'm  not interested in D12 to replace  Al (lateral move) for more money per year. I can guarantee  that after 1 year he'll  be bitching and looking for a trade. I don't  trust him. I would  be OK adding D12 to Al and Sap. So he would need to pickup his option then we can have a test run. If it works out the Hawks will have his Bird rights.

2. NO to smug face Chandler Parsons - he's had Microfracture on his knee and he then tore his Meniscus in the same knee to end the season All I see is a recurring knee problem.

3. NO - D12, Millsap and Parsons is not a big 3

4. NO - trading Teague for Larkin is just HORRIBLE.

5. NO to Fatty Felton.

#5...lmao

What are the rules for trading players that opt into player options?  Can it happen?  Realistically, I could see ways of getting both Howard and Parsons IF that's legal.  

Millsap/Teague for Howard/Beverly/pick
Re-signed Bazemore/Splitter for Parsons/filler (would technically have to be 2 separate deals for S&T)

or something along those lines.  If each player does that, it gives them a chance to re-establish value and cash in next year, but with both being health risks, also carries significant risk for them.  

• Premium Member

I would take Whitesides also his max is lower, His age is lower.  His block and rebounds are the same.

If Horf Walks, D12 or Whitesides should be our next man up simply because they bring rebounding and defense.  Period.  Sap can be the Stretch 4 that Horf is trying to be.

Horf Walks...  Resign Baze and Sign Whitesides and search for a trade in the draft that nets us Jaylen Brown.

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

There's another rumor.

The second rumor is this.  Whereever D12 goes, Parson Chandler will sign.   Right now the talk is Dallas.   Well, How much would Budcox have to do (along with a hometown discount) to get D12, Chandler here?

Secondly.

Where would   D12, Sap, and Chandler be on your Big three list?

I haven't heard nothing on the Dwight front. There is talk that he might stay in Houston and simply request a trade.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard nothing on the Dwight front. There is talk that he might stay in Houston and simply request a trade.

Read this.

The funny thing about Parsons' open recruitment of Howard is that he himself will be a free agent after he opts out of his contract. However, Parsons said he wants to returns to Dallas, and that as soon as he has a new contract he will turn his attention to recruiting Howard.

Parsons said he will try and get Dwight Howard to come here after he (Parsons ) re-signs with the #Mavs. He said Howard is leaving Houston.

Now the two are good friends.  And I would believe that Dallas has a good shot to get both Howard and Beverly.   However, there's also talk of a Parson + Horford combination.  UF.

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Read this.

Now the two are good friends.  And I would believe that Dallas has a good shot to get both Howard and Beverly.   However, there's also talk of a Parson + Horford combination.  UF.

Parsons was also good friends with Deandre Jordan.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Parsons was also good friends with Deandre Jordan.

He's also a dbag who I hope I never have to root for.

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's also a dbag who I hope I never have to root for.

Couldn't agree more. In general the history in the NBA of signing or trading for damaged goods is detrimental  to the new team's chance of even a winning season, much less getting us over the hump that is the Cavs. While in Dallas he has played precious little while being paid a whole bunch. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Here are some other targets to think about at C if Al Were allowed to Walk:

1.  Ian Mahinmi.

This guy is still a young guy.   He's a good rebounder and a solid defensive player.  HIs pricetag should be low.

2.  Zaza .

We know this guy.  He would be the same age as Al.  He's coming off a year where he put up 8.8 ppg and 9.4 rpg in 26 mpg.  His price tag shouldn't be so high.

3.  Al Jefferson.

Another guy that's 31.  He won't give you the rebounds, but his ppg = about 12 in 29 minutes.  The thing about him is that he's a true.. true.. Low post presence.

4.  Festus Ezeli.

This could be a cheap pickup and a guy who can run the floor, rebound, and play defense.  He's even got a championship ring.

5.  Miles Plumlee.

Unproven.. but he didn't do so bad this year.  He's going to be cheap but he's 6'11" and Athletic.

Then there's the short man crew:

Mareese Spheights, JJ Hickson, and Greg Smith.

IF we look at Power Forwards...

1.  Ryan Anderson.

Probably the best Stretch 4 in the game (not named Dirk).

2.  Ersan IlyaSova.

In my estimation.. a Brute.  Brings a lot of toughness and can shoot.

3.  Trevor Booker.

Why you wanna play your games on him.

Here's our other focus... Sf

We have all talked about Batum, Jeff Green, Harrison Barnes, etc.   Let's bring in some new Blood.

1.  Jordan Halmilton.

Do you know who I am?   Young.   good size.  Was allowed to play at the end of last season in tank time.   However,  he showed himself to be a capable slasher/defensive player.  His 3 ball is not working.   He should be a very cheap steal for somebody.  His measurable are almost perfect for Sf.

2.  Lance Thomas.

This guy has great possibility.   He has good size.   He's a tweener but he hit about 41% from 3.   Tell me he's not a Bud guy.  He's also a good perimeter defender.  

Then there are the retreads to Atlanta:  Marvin Williams, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Luol Deng.

• Premium Member

Here's plan #3 if Horf Walks.

1.  Sign Baze.

2.  Sign Mahanimi and Zaza.

3.  Sign Lance Thomas.

None of these contracts (save Baze) should be big money contracts..

The combination of Mahanimi and Zaza gives us good rebounding at all times.   I equate it to Ezeli and Bogut.

Lance Thomas is a guy who I believe could be the next 3 and D guy.   6'8 and 235 is not a guy who will be pushed around by the likes of Lebron so easily.

• Premium Member

IF we lose Horf to say... Houston. 

Let's go after a superstar. 

Hassan Whiteside with the Max.

You can't teach blocks and rebounds.  It's not a luck stat.   We can find a way to work with his offense.   This could be our young Deke looking us in the face. 

With the money leftover... I don't know.  resign Baze.  He's on the brink of something.