• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The unthinkable.

Diesel

53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

IF we lose Horf to say... Houston. 

Let's go after a superstar. 

Hassan Whiteside with the Max.

You can't teach blocks and rebounds.  It's not a luck stat.   We can find a way to work with his offense.   This could be our young Deke looking us in the face. 

With the money leftover... I don't know.  resign Baze.  He's on the brink of something. 

Most overrated player in the NBA is Hassan with his stat bs. How dare you even mention him in the same sentence as Deke. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Most overrated player in the NBA is Hassan with his stat bs. How dare you even mention him in the same sentence as Deke. 

Overrated.. maybe.. but the Dude is still pulling down about 12 rpg.  You can't overrate that.  

Sorry Spud.  You make it sound like the media just talks and talks about this guy and he does nothing to validate it.   Aside from Drummond and Dcousin, this guy is out there making me believe in the c position again. 

He ranks fourth in the NBA in rebounds per game (11.7) behind only star centers Andre Drummond, DeAndre Jordan and Dwight Howard. He also ranks third among all players in field goal percentage, shooting an extremely efficient 60.5 percent. In addition to those impressive stats, he is ninth among all NBA players in PER, trailing only the league’s superstars (Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis and James Harden). 

Not only is Whiteside leading the NBA in blocks, he is also ranked first in Defensive Rating (94) and block percentage (10.2 percent). That means Whiteside blocks 10.2 percent of all two-point attempts when he’s on the floor; to put that in perspective, no other NBA player has a block percentage above 5.9 percent.

Whiteside is second in the NBA in rebound percentage, grabbing 23 percent of all available rebounds when he’s on the court, and second in Defensive Box Plus/Minus (3.8). Whiteside also ranks fifth in the NBA in Defensive Win Shares – which estimates how many wins an individual player has contributed to their team due to their defense – with 4.4.

Whiteside’s 3.8 blocks per game not only leads all NBA players, it’s more blocks than three NBA teams currently average per game (Detroit, Dallas and Cleveland). He has rejected 226 shots this season, while no other NBA player has blocked more than 152 shots.

And you say Overrated???

You should be ashamed.  This guy is a defensive star.  Him and Sap manning the Paint will make us championship material. 

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

IF we lose Horf to say... Houston. 

Let's go after a superstar. 

Hassan Whiteside with the Max.

You can't teach blocks and rebounds.  It's not a luck stat.   We can find a way to work with his offense.   This could be our young Deke looking us in the face. 

With the money leftover... I don't know.  resign Baze.  He's on the brink of something. 

Hassan is a Superstar?

On 5/17/2016 at 3:16 PM, Diesel said:

Here's what nobody is really considering but I was thinking.

We all believe in the mancrush that Budcox has on Horford.  However, what if Budcox let Horford WALK?  I mean what if they let him test the waters, a team like Boston offers him the Max and Budcox says... Let's just let him go?

That would mean that we continued into free agency with 28.9 Million to spend.   If we renounce Hinrich, that means, 34.3 Million in the kitty.

Tell me Squawkers with 34.3 Million, what would you do?

Here's my plan:

1.  Dennis for Pelican's pick (Jaylen Brown).  = 37 Million .

2.  Renounce Patterson and Moose.  = 39 Million.

3.  Sign Baze  (2 year 24 Million with Option after first).  = 28.

4.  Sign D12 (4 year 115.29 with PO after 2 year, TO after 3 year).

5. Sign Humphries to MLE.

6.   Sign Ish Smith to Vet Min.

7.  Draft Pascal Siakam and Gary Payton II.

If we can't get D12 at that price, I would take a look at Whitesides.

NO already have a young PG (Jrue Holiday). They got the opportunity to draft Hield/Murray. Brown probably will get drafted by the Suns.

I don't see why ATL wouldn't pay for Al's max when the price tag you got for Dwight is higher than what it would cost for Al.

I highly doubt Ish would sign for the bet min.

I doubt Whiteside would leave Miami.