• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

5 Best Moves by the Hawks of 2015-2016.

Diesel

• Premium Member

IF I'm going to talk about Mistakes (the Bad) then I also got to talk about the good moves too.

Here are mine.  What's yours Hawksquawk?

5.  Not trading Teague.

I think Teague has more value than he did at the deadline and I believe that even though he slumped against Cleveland, he played better down the stretch.

4.  Trading Mack for Hinrich.

Mack was one of my favorite players off the bench, but Hinrich represents 5.4 Million dollars in capspace once we renounce him.  Also, Mack was not going to get off the bench even though I still believe that right now.. he's better than Schroe.

3.  Not trading Al at the deadline.

I'm sure that there may have been one or two trades that came along, but Al (even though he has changed his game to be a stretch PF) is more valuable than we give him credit for being.  I hate his sawftness but I'm not to a smoove level of annoyed at his three point shooting.   I recognize how he opens the floor.  I just think that if he's trying to be a stretch 4, then he will have to compete with Paul.

2.  Tim Hardaway Jr. Acquisition.

I see this as good in a few ways.  I think THJr has started the process of stepping up.   I think he's better than Oubre Jr. would have been.   I think as time goes by there will always be that comparison but I think that when we make it in a few years, there will be nothing to say.  He also gives us Baze insurance and is the man in waiting for old man Korver to retire.

1.  Resigning Paul Millsap.

Millsap is our best defender.   He's our most capable offensive player.   The resigning of Sap works out better than had we resigned DMCthe alltimegreat.

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

2.  Tim Hardaway Jr. Acquisition.

I see this as good in a few ways.  I think THJr has started the process of stepping up.   I think he's better than Oubre Jr. would have been.   I think as time goes by there will always be that comparison but I think that when we make it in a few years, there will be nothing to say.  He also gives us Baze insurance and is the man in waiting for old man Korver to retire.

Carroll and Baze both showed significant improvement in their second year with the team and system.  I predict we will see the same type of improvement from THJ next season.  We saw glimpses of what he can do this past season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AtlHomer said:

Carroll and Baze both showed significant improvement in their second year with the team and system.  I predict we will see the same type of improvement from THJ next season.  We saw glimpses of what he can do this past season.

Yeah, I'm banking on our coaching staff fixing his perimeter shooting. With consistent minutes I believe he would find his way to the foul line a good bit. He at least has the courage to drive into the paint to score or draw a whistle. Here is for hoping so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlHomer said:

True.   People forget in Baze's 1st off season here he was limited by a foot injury so it took him awhile to get the playbook.  Similar circumstance with THJr and the wrist injury.  Hopefully with a healthy off season and full participation in training camp we see immediate improvements.  The thing I was most worried about was his defense and it was actually decent.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

True.   People forget in Baze's 1st off season here he was limited by a foot injury so it took him awhile to get the playbook.  Similar circumstance with THJr and the wrist injury.  Hopefully with a healthy off season and full participation in training camp we see immediate improvements.  The thing I was most worried about was his defense and it was actually decent.

And crummy defense only cost us 1 of 4 against the Cavs.   Inability to score cost us the series. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And crummy defense only cost us 1 of 4 against the Cavs.   Inability to score cost us the series. 

Long stretches without a basket  was painful.