The Kent Bazemore Free Agency.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Kent Bazemore Flourishes.

But here is the impressive thing: even if we parse up the numbers on a per-minute basis to make an apples-to-apples comparison, most of Bazemore's numbers still went up. Points, rebounds, assists, steals. On a per-minute basis, they all were better this season than last. His field goal percentage climbed to 44.1 percent. His free throw percentage made one of the biggest jumps: from 60.0 percent to 81.5 percent. 

Plus, he did all of that while routinely guarding the opponent's best threat on the wing. Bazemore will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, and the defensive skill that makes him a two-way play also makes him a key asset on the perimeter. Head Coach Mike Budenholzer said at the end-of-season media availability that Bazemore is the type of player he hopes to build around.

Whether or not Bazemore returns, he definitely has a fondness for the city that loves him back.

"I would love to return here. The past two years I've taken a tremendous leap, not only professionally but personally – just growing more and more into myself and just figuring out life – so this place will hold a special place in my heart."

• Premium Member

In the Bud era, there has not been a free agent that didn't want to come back.  Bud most have built an environment that makes guys want to stay.   Just wait until we get that new practice facility up and going!  Bring on the free agents!!

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

In the Bud era, there has not been a free agent that didn't want to come back.  Bud most have built an environment that makes guys want to stay.   Just wait until we get that new practice facility up and going!  Bring on the free agents!!

Just wait until Teague is a FA.

• Premium Member

It's going to be really hard for us to keep Baze because of his lack of Bird rights.

He may be worth a 12 Million deal from somebody and with the capholds in place, I don't think we can go there.    In fact, I guess we would have to do something like trade Splitter to make room for Baze if we're going to keep Horford.

It would be really nice to trade Splitter (just don't see him lasting that many games until the next injury). We could have room for Humph and our SF draft pick that way. If there is someone not afraid of his recent injury issues I would be really surprised. Then again their giving up a second round pick that is  not so likely to stick in the league anyway so that might sway someone.  

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

It would be really nice to trade Splitter (just don't see him lasting that many games until the next injury). We could have room for Humph and our SF draft pick that way. If there is someone not afraid of his recent injury issues I would be really surprised. Then again their giving up a second round pick that is  not so likely to stick in the league anyway so that might sway someone.  

Truth be told, I want Splitter back but we don't got a lot of cap room and Humphries/Bazemore need new deals.

We really need to keep Baze. Like others have said, I'd also like to see us trade Spliter. I'd also like to see us sign and trade Horford along with Teague for Jimmy Butler. Bring in some sort of rim protector that can play 20 minutes a game and resign humphries and we've got ourselves a squad.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

No we don't unless Korver is being moved to the bench which we all know is unlikely (and I disagree with showing confidence in him).

We actually do need to keep him. Like last year, the options outside of him in FA are slim to none. 

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We actually do need to keep him. Like last year, the options outside of him in FA are slim to none.

Then you move Korver to the bench or accept being a treadmill team next season. Bazemore can't start at SF next season no matter how big his wingspan is, I don't care about it. It didn't work this year and will get worse next year if it happens with a bigger scouting report on it.

Edited by Lurker

People just aren't getting it here. The wing corps absolutely HAVE to be upgraded next season. HAVE. There are other things that need to happen, but this is arguably the #1 issue. No, not Al Horford's contract, the fact the wing corps are on a low, low lottery level.

Kyle Korver isn't done as a shooter, but he's done as a starter as far as I'm concerned, and Kent Bazemore is not a starter. Do we really want to go through ANOTHER season with only three legit starters in the starting lineup?

• Like 1