• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there any chance to move up to #1 in the Draft?

rd79

I read something about a suggestion to trade Boston's Thomas for the #1 pick - this scenario looks quite unlikely to me even if they would include their #3 pick.

But if other teams do, why shouldn't the Hawks dream about getting that pick since SF is the biggest need for the Hawks?

Is there any chance to trade something like Jeff + Millsap + Pick to get this #1 pick?

I don't know exactly what you can trade picks for salary wise, but if this would work out there should be enough cap space to resign Baze, sign D12 and resign Al on bird rights.

How would you like this lineup?

starters
PG - Dennis
SG - Baze
SF - Ingram
PF - Al
C - D12

1st backups
PG - Hinrich or. FA
SG - Korver
SF - Thabo
PF - Humphries
C - Splitter / Edy

I don't see a problem in a larger gap between starting and backup PG than last season, because without fight for the starting spot the starter could play 36+ minutes

I know Dennis may have more trade value since he is younger and will be a RFA, but I like him to play in ATL and would like to see how this lineup could work out - so I didn't suggest to trade him

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Thomas for the #1 pick sounds very much like a Boston Celtic idea.  LMAO

As for what we can, we can trade players for a pick.  Philly needs to have the cap space to absorb the incoming salary and (without looking at their roster for next year) I would guess they have plenty of room.  

For Philly, I would be making lots of calls to Colangelo.  Bryan could be ripe for the picking.  This scenario is actually more interesting than I thought at first blush.

I guess Philly would be looking at something like this?

Teague

??

Saric

Sap

Noel / Okafor

That could get them in the playoffs in the East.  For us, it would be a significant shakeup.  We lose on the Sap for Dwight aspect of the lineup shift so it comes down to how good that rookie will be.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I read something about a suggestion to trade Boston's Thomas for the #1 pick - this scenario looks quite unlikely to me even if they would include their #3 pick.

But if other teams do, why shouldn't the Hawks dream about getting that pick since SF is the biggest need for the Hawks?

Is there any chance to trade something like Jeff + Millsap + Pick to get this #1 pick?

I don't know exactly what you can trade picks for salary wise, but if this would work out there should be enough cap space to resign Baze, sign D12 and resign Al on bird rights.

starters
PG - Dennis
SG - Baze
SF - Ingram
PF - Al
C - D12

1st backups
PG - Hinrich or. FA
SG - Korver
SF - Thabo
PF - Humphries
C - Splitter / Edy

I don't see a problem in a larger gap between starting and backup PG than last season, because without fight for the starting spot the starter could play 36+ minutes

I know Dennis may have more trade value since he is younger and will be a RFA, but I like him to play in ATL and would like to see how this lineup could work out - so I didn't suggest to trade him

A lot of people might clown you for suggesting the Hawks trade Teague AND Milsap AND their first. I dont. I look at the Hawks as what they are, a team that is good, but not good enough.  Getting Ingram, moving Al to power and bringing in D12 to hold down the boards is a excellent idea. You still got your bench.  Excellent post.  

But we would win on some other aspects too

• nobody playing out of his natural position
  • more length on all front court positions
  • Korver may blossom again when being used a 6th man scoring - his percentages may go way up again with less minutes and because he would be defended by 2nd stringers

If this happens we may also get a gift from the NBA what could improve this lineup: They may stop Hack a Howard after all this discussions last season

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thomas for the #1 pick sounds very much like a Boston Celtic idea.  LMAO

As for what we can, we can trade players for a pick.  Philly needs to have the cap space to absorb the incoming salary and (without looking at their roster for next year) I would guess they have plenty of room.  

For Philly, I would be making lots of calls to Colangelo.  Bryan could be ripe for the picking.  This scenario is actually more interesting than I thought at first blush.

I guess Philly would be looking at something like this?

Teague

??

Saric

Sap

Noel / Okafor

That could get them in the playoffs in the East.  For us, it would be a significant shakeup.  We lose on the Sap for Dwight aspect of the lineup shift so it comes down to how good that rookie will be.

Exactly. If Ingram is as good as advertised, then the shakeup is worth it with the Hawks.  They can get their Kevin Durant type player without having to go free agency. THIS is the type of move that will draw national interest in the Hawks and get free agents to want to come there.  You bring in Ingram and Dwight, the Hawks would instantly be on the national map.

Edited by Hawkmoor

I'd love to but there's no way. I'd give it less than a 0.03%. Philly won't give up that pick. If Simmons wants to be a Laker, then Philly might drop down 1 spot but no more in my opinion.

And another big positve aspect of this could be to have a starting lineup what could play several seasons together

• Dennis - 1 + 5 yrs- he already could be extended this offseason
  • Baze - new long term deal
  • Ingram - rookie 4 yrs + RFA
  • Horf - new 4 or 5 yrs?
  • D12 - new 4 yrs

Last years Hawks developed some guys and everybody was crying about those short contracts when we lost DMC (and maybe lose Baze, if no cap room is made)

15 minutes ago, rd79 said:

But we would win on some other aspects too

• nobody playing out of his natural position
  • more length on all front court positions
  • Korver may blossom again when being used a 6th man scoring - his percentages may go way up again with less minutes and because he would be defended by 2nd stringers

If this happens we may also get a gift from the NBA what could improve this lineup: They may stop Hack a Howard after all this discussions last season

In fact, and im basing this off how good i think Ingram is gonna be, I would trade anybody EXCEPT Dennis and Al to make this happen. The sixers could have Teague, Thabo, Sap AND the number 23 pick. I would do anything outside of trading Dennis and Al. If Philly could pick up a sign and trade of Baze,  he is gone too.

Ingram is a game changer. He has the potential to be in that Anthony Davis class. He is THAT good.

Edited by Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol Thomas ain't worth no #1 pick

Yeah, like @AHF said (or copied someone else saying), that's the epitome of a 'Celtics' deal.  Take our trash, give us your treasure.

On the Hawks moving up, I guess I could get behind it just in terms of shaking things up.  Then again, I'm not high on anyone in this draft.

30 minutes ago, 615Hawk said:

What makes anyone think that this coach/front office that preaches about consistency and steadiness makes a move like this? 

You wouldn't break it up totally. Trade two starters, replace one of em with his backup 3 yrs in the system. Move one starter to the bench and two to there natural position. Play a rookie.

60% of new starting lineup already here for at least 2 yrs. Nearly no bench changes and 4 yrs to work with this new group. This must be the most consistant move possible to address lots of our biggest issues:

Undersized, out of position, wing needed, to old SG...

Edited by rd79

Celtics can deal their 3rd, Thomas and Crowder to get Ingram if they wanted to, or,  their 3rd, any one of the 16 or 23.  They can keep Crowder or deal him.  They got OPTIONS galore...................Whoever gets Ingram has a core to build from.

Screenshot-2015-01-12-at-12.59.51-PM.png

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, rd79 said:

starters
PG - Dennis
SG - Baze
SF - Ingram
PF - Al
C - D12

1st backups
PG - Hinrich or. FA
SG - Korver
SF - Thabo
PF - Humphries
C - Splitter / Edy

I like it but I think the Hawks would have to offer more.  Maybe throw in our 2018 first rounder that we have from Minnesota, or if Philly is intrigued by Edy or something, throw him in.

This also means the Hawks are banking a lot on Ingram, so they'd have to be sure this will pan out.

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Celtics can deal their 3rd, Thomas and Crowder to get Ingram if they wanted to, or,  their 3rd, any one of the 16 or 23.  They can keep Crowder or deal him.  They got OPTIONS galore...................Whoever gets Ingram has a core to build from.

Why in the h*ll would LAL trade for that crap?  That's what you're missing.  The other team has to actually agree to the trade too ya know.  They don't have to take it just because the Selltics tell them too.  And in what universe do the Lakers, of all teams, make that awful trade just to benefit the Selltics?

Those "options" only exist in the city of Boston.  Everybody else is laughing at that package.

26 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Kevin McHale is not running the Lakers Philly front office.  Overation (yes, my new word)  of Celtics 'assets' in full effect.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kevin McHale is not running the Lakers front office.  Overation (yes, my new word)  of Celtics 'assets' in full effect.

Wait.  Hold up. WHY is the Lakers in this conversation? Im talking about the FIRST pick, not the second. Boston can get the FIRST pick from Philly by swapping the 3rd and other assets, including Thomas. Philly gets their point guard and other assets. Boston builds around Ingram.