• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there any chance to move up to #1 in the Draft?

rd79

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Wait.  Hold up. WHY is the Lakers in this conversation? Im talking about the FIRST pick, not the second. Boston can get the FIRST pick from Philly by swapping the 3rd and other assets, including Thomas. Philly gets their point guard and other assets. Boston builds around Ingram. 

:laugh1:  I meant Philly.  Ainge doesn't have his good friend Mchale in Philly to gift him stuff.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:  I meant Philly.  Ainge doesn't have his good friend Mchale in Philly to gift him stuff.

Celtics deal thomas, their 3rd, 16 and change to Philly for Ingram.  They then deal Crowder to the Hawks for Teague.................lmao They got OPTIONS MAN.  Ainge sitting pretty :laugh:  This is about Ingram. Crowder is good, Ingram is Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis good.  Simmons might bust, Ingram is the real deal.

pg teague

sg smart

sf ingram

pf johnson

c sullinger

Edited by Hawkmoor

13 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Celtics deal thomas, their 3rd, 16 and change to Philly for Ingram.  They then deal Crowder to the Hawks for Teague.................lmao They got OPTIONS MAN.  Ainge sitting pretty :laugh:  This is about Ingram. Crowder is good, Ingram is Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis good.  Simmons might bust, Ingram is the real deal.

pg teague

sg smart

sf ingram

pf johnson

c sullinger

Sullinger is still FAT.  Teague is worth more than Crowder.

• Premium Member

I don't think Ingram is KD good but I'd definitely take him on our team. But we're not going to get him. We have a more realistic shot at trading Millsap for the Wolves pick or even the Celtic's pick.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't think Ingram is KD good but I'd definitely take him on our team. But we're not going to get him. We have a more realistic shot at trading Millsap for the Wolves pick or even the Celtic's pick.

Those are the more likely scenarios. Philly did not tank all this time just to give up the #1 pick for questionable assets. This is their chance to get their superstar and they won't blow it like ATL did when they tanked. I think the Hawks can get into the top 5 though or can at least trade up enough spots to grab Malik Beasely. I just want to see the Hawks do something other than standing pat or trading down for cash considerations.

The chasm between the 2nd pick and 3rd is wider than the Grand Canyon and we're talking about a draft where 1st and 2nd would likely be no better than 5th in a regular draft.  In fact, the difference in value between the 3rd pick in this draft and the 20th is probably negligible so once again Ainge is holding a sock full of pennies hoping to get one over on the bank teller.  He couldn't even flip 4 first rounders  (one of which was the current Brooklyn 3rd pick) to move up 7 spots from 16th to 9th last summer .  Even if Sam Hinkie was still GM of the Sixers and Ainge offered up his whole cornucopia of Walgreen's bought chocolates he'd still turn it down, Hinkie worked hard to suck his way into that shiny #1.

• Moderators

If I were Philly, I would not be dealing the #1 for the #3 unless I was getting  at least a no-brainer All-Star.  That describes Millsap but doesn't describe Crowder or Thomas.  Thomas is on a nice contract but it is obvious why Boston is looking to deal him - he doesn't represent a long-term starter at PG.  Too small and too selfish.  Crowder is a fourth or fifth wheel starter or good reserve.  The #3 pick carries much more risk than #1 and #2.  So you can pretty well guarantee Boston is not getting the #1 or #2 in this draft for a package of #3, Crowder and Thomas.  That is well short of what Philly and LA will want.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

The chasm between the 2nd pick and 3rd is wider than the Grand Canyon and we're talking about a draft where 1st and 2nd would likely be no better than 5th in a regular draft.  In fact, the difference in value between the 3rd pick in this draft and the 20th is probably negligible so once again Ainge is holding a sock full of pennies hoping to get one over on the bank teller.  He couldn't even flip 4 first rounders  (one of which was the current Brooklyn 3rd pick) to move up 7 spots from 16th to 9th last summer .  Even if Sam Hinkie was still GM of the Sixers and Ainge offered up his whole cornucopia of Walgreen's bought chocolates he'd still turn it down, Hinkie worked hard to suck his way into that shiny #1.

You earned this, sir ....

Slow Clap

Not sure what you've been smoking but this was the most lucid, well thought out post by you in ages.  Congrats on kicking the habit?

'Walgreens-bought chocolates'?  That's skrong.  Would've also accepted 'sugar-free peppermints'.

I think people see the numbers on paper and think, 'wow, #1 pick!' but forget that this is a really weak draft.  It's pretty likely that the top 5 best players to come out of this draft will include a guy picked in the 2nd round and a couple of guys that go in the 20's.

Like I said, if they just fall in love with Ingram and decide to re-boot with him, fine.  Do it.  Fans just better understand they're now rooting for him to make all-rookie/ROY race.  Oh by the way, the team's late-lotto bound now.