"Dominique Wilkins" - by Master P

TheNorthCydeRises

12 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

I used to love Master P and No Limit back in the day but man has his rap game fallen off.  Beat was alright.

"What rhymes with Dominique Wilkins?  Oh yeah, Dominique Wilkins!  Let me base my whole chorus off of that!"

People sleep, their production team Beats By The Pound had some high quality tracks.  Just like Cash Money, the music was drowned by awful content and even worse imagery.  Fiend, Mystikal, and Mia were the only true lyricists out that camp for me.  People swear by Mac but I never really felt him.  Slim was cool, RIP.  My brother still bought every single album (except Mercedes) they released, at a breakneck bi-weekly pace mind you, and you had to hear the first track, which was always the "posse cut" and usually the best song on the album.  

It was a huge stretch for P to be rhyming back in the 90's.  Luckily he could fund his own label through a pile of drug money.  In today's rap climate he's a top-notch lyricist.  Damn.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

People sleep, their production team Beats By The Pound had some high quality tracks.  Just like Cash Money, the music was drowned by awful content and even worse imagery.  Fiend, Mystikal, and Mia were the only true lyricists out that camp for me.  People swear by Mac but I never really felt him.  Slim was cool, RIP.  My brother still bought every single album (except Mercedes) they released, at a breakneck bi-weekly pace mind you, and you had to hear the first track, which was always the "posse cut" and usually the best song on the album.  

It was a huge stretch for P to be rhyming back in the 90's.  Luckily he could fund his own label through a pile of drug money.  In today's rap climate he's a top-notch lyricist.  Damn.

Mystikal, Silk, Fiend, and C-Murda. Those were my guys. 

I couldn't keep up with all the CDs, props to your brother. There was always something to buy, they had that rap marketing thing down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Mystikal, Silk, Fiend, and C-Murda. Those were my guys. 

I couldn't keep up with all the CDs, props to your brother. There was always something to buy, they had that rap marketing thing down.

Sillk and C were guilty pleasures, I ain't gone lie.  They improved over time.  Something about the exhuberant ignorance of that TRU double album got me through 11th grade.  Why did girls like "Freak Hoes" more than the dudes, tho?

Edited by benhillboy