• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that Ferry's back in Charge...

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Bud requires defense and that is definitely Dennis's strong point. It would be Lin's second year here before he would hopefully acclimate to our system since that seems to be the time table for other players to adjust that Bud has coached here. They would really have to work on his defense.

I think Lin would definitely have to adjust to the defensive play.  I think however, that he would run the offense better than Dennis.   I like Dennis coming in as a changeup because if he is going to play the isoschro ball then we would need somebody who can get our offense going in it's sets and get everybody involved.  I can't watch 40 minutes of Dennis waving guys out of his way so that he can try to go one on one with his man.  Then watching the whole team stand around doing nothing while Dennis tries to take his man one on one.. And then watch the offensive movement just stop.

27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think Lin would definitely have to adjust to the defensive play.  I think however, that he would run the offense better than Dennis.   I like Dennis coming in as a changeup because if he is going to play the isoschro ball then we would need somebody who can get our offense going in it's sets and get everybody involved.  I can't watch 40 minutes of Dennis waving guys out of his way so that he can try to go one on one with his man.  Then watching the whole team stand around doing nothing while Dennis tries to take his man one on one.. And then watch the offensive movement just stop.

Lin is not a starter. 

I think you need to re-watch the games where Dennis started and how he managed the offense.  

Is he a finished product, heck no, but the idea that he is who he is just ludricrous. 

The series against the Cavs showed us a lot of crunch time minutes and promise by the play of Dennis. Coaches do have to keep after him about his decision making but his toughness is already there. Those weren't minutes against a .500 team but the best team in the East. He and Humph both stood out the most for me.   

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This is just such an agenda that you are pushing that no one around here believes.   Dennis is no more 'iso' than Teague.   In fact, Dennis' assist numbers were higher than Teague's.   

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is just such an agenda that you are pushing that no one around here believes.   Dennis is no more 'iso' than Teague.   In fact, Dennis' assist numbers were higher than Teague's.   

Yep, Saying it over and over and over doesn't make it true.

• Premium Member
On 6/10/2016 at 4:04 PM, macdaddy said:

Sorry.  You're missing the truth before your face.  IF you want Proof, go to the USG% for the Playoffs.  Against the Cavs, Dennis was like 56%.  When you take a stat that's based on Shot attempts it shows clearly that when Dennis comes in the game, he's not looking to pass.  He's looking to get his points.  Period.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Sorry.  You're missing the truth before your face.  IF you want Proof, go to the USG% for the Playoffs.  Against the Cavs, Dennis was like 56%.  When you take a stat that's based on Shot attempts it shows clearly that when Dennis comes in the game, he's not looking to pass.  He's looking to get his points.  Period.

Why are his assist numbers higher than Teague's if he isn't looking to pass?

On 6/10/2016 at 3:04 PM, macdaddy said:

Versus Cleveland  Dennis had by the far the highest assist rate of anyone on either team (12.5% higher than Teague's).

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why are his assist numbers higher than Teague's if he isn't looking to pass?

Versus Cleveland  Dennis had by the far the highest assist rate of anyone on either team (12.5% higher than Teague's).

First I take it that you mean Per 36 stats??

Assists numbers don't always tell a story.  To get an assist, things have to go right on both parties part.  Mainly Dennis plays more PNR than Teague.  Moreover, Teague runs more "Budball".. i.e. Teague becomes a cog in the offense and not a distributor in a PNR.

However, it is possible for Dennis to get good Assist numbers and still be a ball hogger and not run the offense.  Especially if he plays PNR more than he does Budball.

Check this out.. teams that run similar offenses to ours.

1.  Teague  Playoffs APG = 6.1 apg.                       ap48 = 10.5                        USG% = 31.5

2.  Schröder Playoffs APG = 3.1 apg.                 ap48 = 9.0                           USG% = 56.3%

3.  Tony Parker Playoffs APG = 5.3 apg.              ap48 = 9.6                          USG% =  22.6%

4.  Stephen Curry Playoffs APG = 5.8 apg.         ap48 = 8.0                         USG%  = 46.7%

When you consider how each player plays the game....

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

First I take it that you mean Per 36 stats??

I was talking about assist %.  

Dennis 54.1% assist%

Teague 41.6% assist%

Now on your usage rate numbers, I have no idea what your source is so I find it tough to respond.

1.  Teague  Playoffs APG = 6.1 apg.                       ap48 = 10.5                        USG% = 31.5

2.  Schröder Playoffs APG = 3.1 apg.                 ap48 = 9.0                           USG% = 56.3%

According to basketball reference:

Schröder

Cleveland Series 34.9% USG% (higher than Teague's)

Boston Series 28.0% USG% (lower than Teague's)

The Cavs series made me feel like Dennis is here long term. Not bashing Teague because I have really liked him for us but it's just that age, health, contract, PR and the defense everyone wants to see favors Dennis to me. Fans will be in the seats because of that aggression and that is saying quite a bit in Atlanta. Pick and rolls along with alley oops and full court roundball can sell a lot of tickets.    

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

I was talking about assist %.  

Dennis 54.1% assist%

Teague 41.6% assist%

Now on your usage rate numbers, I have no idea what your source is so I find it tough to respond.

According to basketball reference:

Schröder

Cleveland Series 34.9% USG% (higher than Teague's)

Boston Series 28.0% USG% (lower than Teague's)

Cleveland Stats

Boston Stats

Previously,  I mistaken quoted these Celveland Stats.