Now that Ferry's back in Charge...

Diesel

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

He'll make a move for the future by trading Teague for Noel.

True but we now know 1sts are further devalued in NO.  How can we get summa that action, Bawse?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

He'll make a move for the future by trading Teague for Noel.

IF you're Philly.. Do you want to trade Noel for any 1 year PG??

Stop dreaming... Come back to reality... and face the facts.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This is our Kahwi Leonard Moment.

I'm not real sure what thay means but I'm liking the sound of it anyways.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not real sure what thay means but I'm liking the sound of it anyways.

Trading an up and coming PG you would consider starting if you trade your starter but who you deal for a wing in the draft that becomes a star.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Trading an up and coming PG you would consider starting if you trade your starter but who you deal for a wing in the draft that becomes a star.

Bingo.

Let's be honest.   Brown has the potential to be a star similar to the way that Leonard did.   He's already got good size and athleticism.   He's a load on defense.

I love Jaylen Brown. I love Dennis too. If we did the Dennis for the 6th pick and it guaranteed us Jaylen, I would be ok with it as long as we also traded Teague for another pg. I just think he's worn out his welcome in Atlanta and it's probably best for both sides to part ways. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I love Jaylen Brown. I love Dennis too. If we did the Dennis for the 6th pick and it guaranteed us Jaylen, I would be ok with it as long as we also traded Teague for another pg. I just think he's worn out his welcome in Atlanta and it's probably best for both sides to part ways. 

It would depend on what kind of PG we would get back and what we would get back.

Let's say for instance, we did a Teague for Noel/Covengton (Doubt that Philly would do that) and we did Dennis for #6 = Jaylen Brown.  Then  my hoop would be that we would get a good PG like Conley... or Lin..

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It would depend on what kind of PG we would get back and what we would get back.

Let's say for instance, we did a Teague for Noel/Covengton (Doubt that Philly would do that) and we did Dennis for #6 = Jaylen Brown.  Then  my hoop would be that we would get a good PG like Conley... or Lin..

Conley hell yes, Lin is garbage. Whoever signs Lin this offseason is in line to be paying a scrub for a long time. I honestly think Mack>Lin.

28 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Conley hell yes, Lin is garbage. Whoever signs Lin this offseason is in line to be paying a scrub for a long time. I honestly think Mack>Lin.

Lin would be a great addition as a backup if we trade Jeff.  Can shoot, can run an offense is serviceable as a defender.  Don't let the Linsanity over-hypefest fool you.  He's a solid player.  Probably the most important and impactful bench guy for the HorCats.

Unlike sMack, he's not consistently looking to 'get hiz'.

On Conley, why would he come here?  Diesel roped you into his 1-star post.  Get out, Spud2!  Run!

ETA: Lin won't get overpaid this offseason either.  He turned down like $2mil, it's not like he'll get 8-figures.

Edited by kg01

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lin would be a great addition as a backup if we trade Jeff.  Can shoot, can run an offense is serviceable as a defender.  Don't let the Linsanity over-hypefest fool you.  He's a solid player.  Probably the most important and impactful bench guy for the HorCats.

On Conley, why would he come here?  Diesel roped you into his 1-star post.  Get out, Spud2!  Run!

ETA: Lin won't get overpaid this offseason either.  He turned down like $2mil, it's not like he'll get 8-figures.

Ya Diesel got me in his web with that Conley crap. Don't be so sure about Lin not getting paid. Some moronic team (the Rockets lol) might pay him like crazy.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It's a good thing he doesn't look to shoot first these days because his percentages are only good at the foul line. Our coaching helped with the hapless defense of THJ so I would bet they could improve Lin as well. Still, we're talking off the bench so he would fill out the forty eight minutes for us if a PG trade does indeed happen. The Teague info may negate that potential move now. 

I'm pretty sure this article has been posted here before because the date is from April. But looking at it makes me feel how Ferry may not want a full time anything outside of Atlanta. Seems like his daughter's health and involvement in the foundation would cement his residence here. His proof reading skills proved shaky in the past but I really don't think that accurately reflects his character as a really good guy. Even so I hope he doesn't seriously mine any assets from us. 

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/danny-ferry-the-diagnosis-that-has-affected-his-fa/nq2BQ/

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think Lin is a system PG.   He would work in our system.   I don't think Lin is the IsoPG that a lot of novice wants.

Even with that, I would still look to pick up another PG who could bring more stability.. especially on defense.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

I would say that Lin would probably fit in better as Starter and Dennis as BU.   Or they just split the time.   Dennis is not going to run the offense.. not really.  Right now, Bud has found the best role for him.  He is the changeup to Teague's running the offense.  After we've Budball'd a team and they have adjusted, we send in Dennis and his Iso Game and it messes them up.   In years past, Bud tried to make Dennis run the system.   He found that Dennis is not going to do that.  In the playoffs in years past, watching Dennis was hard to watch because he was trying to run the offense and getting his shot blocked and putting up bad shots.  People think that Dennis has all the sudden developed offensively.  All that has happened is that Bud has sent him out there and LET him play ISoball.   Not on the other team's gameplan.

However, if you make Dennis the starter with his Isoschro, you basically have to give up Budball.   That's too much.  he's still effective as a changeup.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

I would say that Lin would probably fit in better as Starter and Dennis as BU.   Or they just split the time.   Dennis is not going to run the offense.. not really.  Right now, Bud has found the best role for him.  He is the changeup to Teague's running the offense.  After we've Budball'd a team and they have adjusted, we send in Dennis and his Iso Game and it messes them up.   In years past, Bud tried to make Dennis run the system.   He found that Dennis is not going to do that.  In the playoffs in years past, watching Dennis was hard to watch because he was trying to run the offense and getting his shot blocked and putting up bad shots.  People think that Dennis has all the sudden developed offensively.  All that has happened is that Bud has sent him out there and LET him play ISoball.   Not on the other team's gameplan.

However, if you make Dennis the starter with his Isoschro, you basically have to give up Budball.   That's too much.  he's still effective as a changeup.

I know you don't like Dennis but Lin is not a starter on a contending team unless you have some superstars on the court.    And Dennis is already much better than Lin.   

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

And Dennis is already much better than Lin.   

Bud requires defense and that is definitely Dennis's strong point. It would be Lin's second year here before he would hopefully acclimate to our system since that seems to be the time table for other players to adjust that Bud has coached here. They would really have to work on his defense.