• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Draft and Draft

LikejRod29

I would  absolutely love for the ATL HAWKS to draft denzel valentine. Some how get him n the Atl draft night , if that means trading up do it asap. I would trade all three picks to make it happen and hope we get a second round pick back for a point guard. A 3 for 2 trade. Valentine would thrive in coach bud system. 

56 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

I would  absolutely love for the ATL HAWKS to draft denzel valentine. Some how get him n the Atl draft night , if that means trading up do it asap. I would trade all three picks to make it happen and hope we get a second round pick back for a point guard. A 3 for 2 trade. Valentine would thrive in coach bud system. 

I like valentine. Lately the mocks have him slipping to the 20s...

He would ball in this system for sure. Taurean prince is a cool consolation prize if we miss out.

9 hours ago, LikejRod29 said:

For everyone that likes Denzel Valentine so much please tell me which position he will guard in the NBA. Coach Bud will not play  you if you can't defend. See John Jenkins see THJ most of last year. This guy is Kyle Anderson 2.0 who I think mostly plays  PF for the Spurs because his lack of speed and explosion. Kyle is actually tall enough to play  PF. Denzel is a better shooter, but still has the foot speed of a PF at 6-6. I wouldn't hate the pick, but I think better  players could be available.

Edited by ATLien_

• Admin
8 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

For everyone that likes Denzel Valentine so much please tell me which position he will guard in the NBA. Coach Bud will not play  you if you can't defend. See John Jenkins see THJ most of last year. This guy is Kyle Anderson 2.0 who I think mostly plays  PF for the Spurs because his lack of speed and explosion. Kyle is actually tall enough to play  PF. Denzel is a better shooter, but still has the foot speed of a PF at 6-6. I wouldn't hate the pick, but I think better  players could be available.

DV is actually a really good defender ... He reminds me a lot of Batum in Charlotte.  An excellent ball handler, facilitator , rebounder and defender ... He hit 44% of his 3s so he has a nice outside shot ... He is not fast or atheletic but that is not everything.  

29 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

DV is actually a really good defender ... He reminds me a lot of Batum in Charlotte.  An excellent ball handler, facilitator , rebounder and defender ... He hit 44% of his 3s so he has a nice outside shot ... He is not fast or atheletic but that is not everything.  

Again I'm not claiming to watch college ball, but from what I see in this video I don't see him guarding 2 or 3's successfully in the NBA.

https://youtu.be/HTZgn3NddhI

• Admin
22 hours ago, DBac said:

Denzel would be a cool get but he is not a defender. He can shoot the lights out from 3, rebound, and pass. But he's not very athletic at all. He'll be an excellent role player in the NBA.

I would take an excellent role player at 21

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I would take an excellent role player at 21

Twenty one does't sound like a great spot in the draft but there really are many options for swing players there. Guessing 3 and D will be our first rounder because thats a Budball thing.    

Still like and it seems likely Taurean Prince in the first and then possibly GP2 with our earliest second rounder. GP2 at the very least gives us some form of insurance at point guard moving forward. Prince really fits Bud's 3 and D definition.    

17 hours ago, hazer said:

NBA Draft Dot Net has Valentine going to The Hawks at 21...

Feels like all our swing players are shooting guards but some have to play spot minutes at SF. Because of his defense Thabo is the one I think fits best at SF but starting him or playing him a ton of minutes would continue our three point drought. Would think a true SF should be the first round pick.   

• Like 1

If the mock draft nbadraft.net has comes true for the Hawks I will be happy.

I don't think Denzel Valentine has star potential but he has good role player potential.

Of the PGs out of the lottery, I actually like Kay Felder the most. I don't think he'll be a star in the NBA, but if his scoring translates he could be an excellent 6th man, maybe immediately (in the 16/17 season). Could be a steal in the second round.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...