• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deandre bembry

gsuteke

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Both of our rookies are more polished that Tim was last year and than Baze was the year before that.

Hoping that Bembry becomes a great example of our staff developing a diverse youngster into a strong rotational player. Agree that they are both ready to contribute and are probably farther along than Baze and Tim were coming in. In Tim's case it was more about retraining and playing any kind of D because his first two years were with zero quality coaching. Playing in Bud's system from the get go should help make a big difference. 

• Moderators

I don't see any indication that we are looking to dump Bembry.  Just lots of mediocre vets ahead of him in the rotation so minutes are hard to come by.  Most of those vets are free agents of one form or another in the near future so we will need him down the line.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I bet Bembry could feed Dwight in the post.

Both of our rookies are more polished that Tim was last year and than Baze was the year before that.

Imagine what they could be with actual playing time.... Yet we are probably going to end up trading Bembry like we did Payne and Bebe

Payne was a bad pick, end of story - we did the right thing trading him before his value tanked and got a 1st for him.  Doubt we could get a future 2nd for him now if he's playing the way he has in Minny.

Bebe never was on the Hawks roster - Bembry is.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Payne was a bad pick, end of story - we did the right thing trading him before his value tanked and got a 1st for him.  Doubt we could get a future 2nd for him now if he's playing the way he has in Minny.

Bebe never was on the Hawks roster - Bembry is.

The Payne picked killed me as I wanted Hood. Not sure how he would have worked out with us but he's doing well in Utah. Oh well.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Payne picked killed me as I wanted Hood. Not sure how he would have worked out with us but he's doing well in Utah. Oh well.

Remember though we only had Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Mike Scott as perimeter shooting PFs.  It was a screaming need for this team at the time.  Everyone smart said we had to go PF in that draft in order to properly stock our DL team.  Which is what you look to do with your first round picks.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Remember though we only had Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Mike Scott as perimeter shooting PFs.  It was a screaming need for this team at the time.  Everyone smart said we had to go PF in that draft in order to properly stock our DL team.  Which is what you look to do with your first round picks.

Wasn't Millsap also a free agent?

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wasn't Millsap also a free agent?

In fairness, yes he was.  But we had a current need at the wing at that point which is why many of us were so shocked by that pick and Spud was so pissed we passed on Hood.

Agree with your earlier post that we cut bait in good time before Payne lost all value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

In fairness, yes he was.  But we had a current need at the wing at that point which is why many of us were so shocked by that pick and Spud was so pissed we passed on Hood.

Agree with your earlier post that we cut bait in good time before Payne lost all value.

I agree the greater need was a wing.

On 12/13/2016 at 4:32 PM, AHF said:

Ferry was stupid for that. So stupid for it. Bud actually liked Hood more. Ferry wasn't sure Millsap wanted to resign