gsuteke

• Premium Member

In this one video Bembry has shown multiple attributes to his game -

Ball Handling, Pushing/controlling the tempo

Off ball scoring/Offensive awareness

Defense

An in between game - Mid range pull-up, floater

Posting up smaller players

- I want to include that he made a three pointer, but I want to see it consistently and effectively. Everything he did above is a legit strength he has. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, aali34 said:

In this one video Bembry has shown multiple attributes to his game -

Ball Handling, Pushing/controlling the tempo

Off ball scoring/Offensive awareness

Defense

An in between game - Mid range pull-up, floater

Posting up smaller players

- I want to include that he made a three pointer, but I want to see it consistently and effectively. Everything he did above is a legit strength he has. 

Honestly, he needs time on the court in an actual NBA game. I'm not sure playing against/with NBDL level talent really helps him that much. He brings too much to the table at a position of need for him to be glued to the bench. I noticed Prince has gotten a few DNP-CDs the past few games as well.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Honestly, he needs time on the court in an actual NBA game. I'm not sure playing against/with NBDL level talent really helps him that much. He brings too much to the table at a position of need for him to be glued to the bench. I noticed Prince has gotten a few DNP-CDs the past few games as well.

Gotta agree with this.  He's ready to be in the rotation.

• Like 2

I keep saying both rookies are ready to at least contribute 5-15 min a night. It's early in the season and we should experiment with them and see what we got in our toolbox.

6 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Does anyone think Bazemore will be traded maybe two years from now depending on how THJ, Prince and Bembry look in the future.

They all have higher upside than him offensively and defensively(minus THJ).

Possibly even earlier but I guess it depends on the maturation of the young guys.

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Bud on his Woody ish smh

6 hours ago, django2341 said:

WOW! Even Schröder never looked that good in the D-League. The Hawks might just had an incredible draft night. I wonder what Princes and Bembrys role is around this time next year. But i have a bad feeling the hawks could just trade a guy like Bembry away...

Dennis kinda sucked in Bakersfield. He was inconsistent. His 1st to 2nd year jump was top notch

2 hours ago, aali34 said:

Does anyone think Bazemore will be traded maybe two years from now depending on how THJ, Prince and Bembry look in the future.

They all have higher upside than him offensively and defensively(minus THJ).

I think it's a possibility.....See my trade idea in Trade Forum (Millsap trade thread )

3 hours ago, Garchelino said:

IMO Kelly is expendable since Scott's recovery. Bring back Edy or Jack!:Bud:

Brang bak Jack!

Or just leave the roster spot empty in anticipation of a trade.  The empty will be more useful that Kelly or Walter.

I've come to the conclusion DB should mold his game similar to that of Shaun Livingston. Atleast until/if he can extend the range needed for 26 feet and out. 

The missed 3 attempts on his 3 pointers were off and barely grazed the rim. Granted it was his first game with dudes he doesn't know but those shots were all open. Otherwise, the Hawks desperately need the jack of all trade skillset he brings to the table. 

Edited by Kimsey
error
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

I've come to the conclusion DB should mold his game similar to that of Shaun Livingston. Atleast until/if he can extend the range needed for 26 feet and out. 

The missed 3 attempts on his 3 pointers were off and barely grazed the rim. Granted it was his first game with dudes he doesn't know but those shots were all open. Otherwise, the Hawks desperately need the jack of all trade skillset he brings to the table. 

Interesting comparison to Livingston - I like it.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting comparison to Livingston - I like it.

Yup...also if he's like Shaun I'm very happy. Livingston could be the best BU pg in the league.

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Think he stayed in Milwaukee ladt night to play tonight's game, then he's bavk with team for practice.

So is he with us for the next game or hitting D-league by then?

So I read the news on that and it says for one game but either way who needs it more, him or Baze who is set to come back in a couple of days. Yeah ok, that won't happen. Maybe the view as a spectator by Baze will have had good benefits for his play on the court coming up.