• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to play with the NUMBERS...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just looked at this article...

We have a max cap of:

when you take out Horford and Baze's cap hold (20 Million dollars).

That means that we have 27,073,140 to get free agents with. 

IF Howard costs us 19.5 Million.  then we have:  7.57 or 9.57 to resign Baze with.  Therefore, I would say that we would have to get rid of a 4.5 Million contract to be in range to resign Baze.

So it is the time of day for the daily barrage of Diesel pointless threads I am guessing. This could not have been posted in an existing thread somewhere? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

So it is the time of day for the daily barrage of Diesel pointless threads I am guessing. This could not have been posted in an existing thread somewhere? 

giphy.gif

Can't waste a 'like' in another useless Diesel thread. We've discussed the cap money ad nauseum.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RWF said:

Easy. Don't re-sign Baze.

We just drafted 2 wings, 1 in the lottery.

We moved away from Carroll, found Baze, developed him. Let's do that again.

Makes too much sense for the average DMC/Bazemore worshiper to comprehend

• Like 1

Easy. Don't re-sign Baze.

We just drafted 2 wings, 1 in the lottery.

We moved away from Carroll, found Baze, developed him. Let's do that again.

Agreed. Don't resign Baze. Don't sign Howard either (what a nightmare). Resign Horford and sign Batum. Then sign a MLE big guy, retain humphries, and then trade for a backup PG. If Batum won't come, then sign a veteran 3 and D guy that might be under the radar (not my job to figure out who that might be) and pick up a couple of bench pieces like Jordan Hill and Afflalo to improve our second rotation.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RamblinCharger said:

Agreed. Don't resign Baze. Don't sign Howard either (what a nightmare). Resign Horford and sign Batum. Then sign a MLE big guy, retain humphries, and then trade for a backup PG. If Batum won't come, then sign a veteran 3 and D guy that might be under the radar (not my job to figure out who that might be) and pick up a couple of bench pieces like Jordan Hill and Afflalo to improve our second rotation.

No to Batum At the max

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

So you want to keep Horford and rely on two rookies plus THJr, Korver and Thabo to man the two wing positions. Why tho?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It's called moving on like we did with DMC

I was just listening to a podcast roundtable on ESPN and one of the guys mentioned that he is thinking that ATL feels they have a real shot of signing Dwight, resigning Horford, and also making another move or two and resign Bazemore too.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Moving on to a worse team with less of a chance of contending.

You act like Rome was built in a day...it may take another season to seriously contend but this year could be the beginning of the building process

You act like Rome was built in a day...it may take another season to seriously contend but this year could be the beginning of the building process

This team is basically the Grizzlies. Good, but never great. Nothing I've read today has convinced me we're building towards anything.

I was just listening to a podcast roundtable on ESPN and one of the guys mentioned that he is thinking that ATL feels they have a real shot of signing Dwight, resigning Horford, and also making another move or two and resign Bazemore too.  

This just isn't financially possible. Sounds like a great idea, but not possible.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

This team is basically the Grizzlies. Good, but never great. Nothing I've read today has convinced me we're building towards anything.

I don't know what to tell you then my brother except there are other teams out there to root for.

19 minutes ago, RamblinCharger said:

This just isn't financially possible. Sounds like a great idea, but not possible.

Uuugh, yes, it is. Trading Splitter and waiving Scott would probably get us there - depending on the amount Howard and Bazemore are after. And if not we could always move Korver or Thabo for more room.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, IheartFerry said:

Pity... All these 29 pages of Dwight Howard thread and 3 other threads on top of that one nobody cared to talk about the nimbers...