• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Plan failed?

JTB

1 minute ago, Flight said:

He's got more finals and conference finals appearances than our team over the past 16 years. 

This is a grown man, his kids and their mothers have nothing to do with me or you. Not even sure why you'd bring that up. 

Too bad it's not 2009 anymore....

Even if the Hawks make the playoffs they will go out easily once again.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I will still follow but I won't become passionate like this again till we tank and I honestly don't trust the decision makers. 

Wasn't budcox fault man...they tried the plan backfired . I'm upset too but I give them props ...they tried there all I can say 

its one one of those oh well moments . Now I still think we make the playoffs but I could see us losing first round.

I dint think everyone has caught on yet....

-we have 4m in cap space 

-no back up pg 

-Baze will have to play SF again .smh

1 minute ago, Ebert said:

This. I'm devastated right now. It won't be easy. We lost a big oportunity today of becoming a relevant team...but I still trust a lot Budenholzer. I just hope to get up tomorrow and see things in a different way.

If you post here for the next three months, you will be completely sold on the idea that Dwight will turn into Orlando Dwight and they will use Thabo and Korver as the basis for this logic of thought. 

If you post here for the next three months, you will be completely sold on the idea that Dwight will turn into Orlando Dwight and they will use Thabo and Korver as the basis for this logic of thought. 

It's not going to help Dwight that the 2/3 spots are full of hasbeens and unproven chumps.

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They were absolutely going to give Al whatever it took to keep him then trade Millsap for a SF or SG. Unreal that Horford is leaving when this team could have been special.

Posted this  elsewhere, but the Hawks were not going to get a lot of talent they could actual retain in return for Sap.

Reading this fantastic article again to better understand what the Hawks lost out on with regards to trading Sap in order to sign Al.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/7/2/12086718/nba-free-agency-2016-al-horford-atlanta-hawks-salary-cap

It might help to look at things this way:  The Hawks could only retain $5.8 million worth of talent back in return for Sap in order to then sign Horford.  Now that Horford is gone, the Hawks have about $3.8 million in cap space.  Only slightly less than they would have had if Al had stayed and if Sap was traded.

So basically the Hawks decided that, given the asking price for Al, Sap was a safer bet.  They chose Sap over Al.  The Hawks didn't miss out on some phenomenal return for Sap in a trade, because there was never going to be that type of return in terms of talent.

• Like 1

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

It's hard to blame people though. There isn't a whole lot else to hold onto. Is there?

This board will turn into Fox News. We will do the greatest spin job known to man. Local DJ's will talk about Dwight's past impact and how Bud is coach whisper. You will hear Dwight talk like he's a superstar and everyone will buy into it. You will hear all of the right things. Then the season starts and well... Dwight is not Orlando Dwight. Assignments are being missed. Bud is looking like an average NBA coach. People gonna ask if Atkinson was that good. Everyone is going to ask questions when the truth is, this team, just is not that good. 

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It's not going to help Dwight that the 2/3 spots are full of hasbeens and unproven chumps.

Rim protection bro. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This board will turn into Fox News. We will do the greatest spin job known to man. Local DJ's will talk about Dwight's past impact and how Bud is coach whisper. You will hear Dwight talk like he's a superstar and everyone will buy into it. You will hear all of the right things. Then the season starts and well... Dwight is not Orlando Dwight. Assignments are being missed. Bud is looking like an average NBA coach. People gonna ask if Atkinson was that good. Everyone is going to ask questions when the truth is, this team, just is not that good. 

I read a stat the other day that showed that Howards defensive ranking had been slipping like 7 years in a row.

3 minutes ago, Flight said:

He's got more finals and conference finals appearances than our team over the past 16 years. 

This is a grown man, his kids and their mothers have nothing to do with me or you. Not even sure why you'd bring that up. 

Yikes..... Hotlanta backing down. Melting down rather LMAO

7 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I read a stat the other day that showed that Howards defensive ranking had been slipping like 7 years in a row.

Okay, correcting the link.  Looks like Howard is behind Horf in last years defensive ratings.  Sap is #3.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2015&category=ADVANCED&group=1&sort=5&time=0&pos=3&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

Going year by year, you are correct about Howard defensive rating decline.

When we signed T-Mac, my boy called me hyped. Like, man we got T-Mac. This is what we need. A legit superstar. LMFAO. 

We did our best to give Al what he wanted.  He chose to stab us in the back instead.  You can fawn all over him if you like, but he chose to screw us, and not the other way around.  He wanted to be a PF.  We accommodated. We offered more money than anyone else.  He chose to play like a marshmallow for the last two years so he could get his big payday, and he got it.  In the end, not only did he reject everything we did for him, he screwed us in the worst way possible.  He's a piece of scum as far as I am concerned,

• Like 2

Just now, ATLSmith said:

Weird because Howard is #9 on this list and Horford is #15.  Look who's #1.... Sap.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2015&category=DEFENSE&group=1&sort=4&time=0&pos=3&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

Sheesh. Hotlanta getting demolished right now. Wonder how he's gonna spin this one. This guy is really digging deep at this point. Let's see what he manages to pull up. 

Just now, atljonesbro said:

Sheesh. Hotlanta getting demolished right now. Wonder how he's gonna spin this one. This guy is really digging deep at this point. Let's see what he manages to pull up. 

Just realized that link I posted is sorted by steals per game, not ranking.   This is what happens when I rush.  Brb...

1 minute ago, atljonesbro said:

Yikes..... Hotlanta backing down. Melting down rather LMAO

Wow, 

It is totally melt down city here right now.  It is only one player and the Front Office and Ownership did everything in their power to stop this from happen but it did.  So move on and support this team or not, that is up to yall. 

Just now, NekiEcko said:

Wow, 

It is totally melt down city here right now.  It is only one player and the Front Office and Ownership did everything in their power to stop this from happen but it did.  So move on and support this team or not, that is up to yall. 

Hotlanta has been in a constant state of mental meltdown for as long as I can remember. He contradicts himself with basically everything he says and really digs deep to find something to complain about. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't agree here cause to me Howard probably will post better numbers probably 18/12 that shouldn't be shocking....the problem is we still lose in the first round

thats all my opinion though ....Howard returns to his all star form under bud in my prediction but then reality hits in that it doesn't matter. Seriously that's how I feel ....and we will go out round 1 or possibly 2....

WHY? Because we didn't improve the roster we replace an all star with an all star ...and that's exactly what's going to happen .

-no big body to guard lebron...when it could have been

Horford screwed us! Smh ....I'm starting to really dislike his ass ...we didn't show that we didn't want him 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, atljonesbro said:

Hotlanta has been in a constant state of mental meltdown for as long as I can remember. He contradicts himself with basically everything he says and really digs deep to find something to complain about. 

I know and NBASupers is in melt down mode too (I remember he was like that a long time ago).

Seriously, all NBA team has to go through this, one way or another.  Think how Portland felt last year when LMA left or Cleveland when Lebron left the first time, it might suck but sun will rise again.  Besides there is a possibility that this line-up could be better than last year one.

But if they still want to complain, then go for it (or jump on their bandwagon) or just do something different like I been playing Japanese Browser RPG games and it is cool.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Hey Hots, my apologies, you are correct.  His defensive rating has declined year by year.  I'll admit when I'm wrong.  lol.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2015&category=ADVANCED&group=1&sort=5&time=0&pos=3&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

• Like 1