• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard making free throws

Kimsey

I don't know about these pre draft type of workouts. To simulate a live in game situation, I would think you get him practicing after a long hard workout. Fatigue, sweat in eyes, achy joints, etc. If he gets comfortable making them in those conditions, then I can believe. 

• Like 2

As bad as he is, he doesn't miss ALL of his free throws.  Remember this, in order to hit or miss

a free throw, you must do something to draw the foul.

Everyone here knows, I hate missed free throws.  That shouldn't be happening to a player being paid

mega $$$ just to be on the floor.  But, if he does nothing to draw the foul, he can't miss because he's

not going to the line.

Hack a Shaq was starter because he couldn't hit them.  Our new center qualifies.  He doesn't have to

be in the game, late, late, late in the 4th quarter because of this.

• Like 1

When is the NBA announcing the rule changes? Adam Silver seemed pretty determined to address the hack a... strategy. 

Nice to see Dwight working on free throws, thanks for sharing Kimsey.

• Like 1

Dwight, as usual, was at the Dream's home game last night.

The simple rule change to eliminate the Hack a Shaq strategy:

"When it s determined that this was a hack a ----- foul, the player getting hacked will be rewarded

two free throws AND his team retains possession of the ball.  Eureka, no more hack a ---- !

• Like 1

I think most players that are poor free throw shooters in the NBA can make them at a high percentage during practice. These guys just get a mental block when doing it on a live stage in front of thousands. Surprised more teams haven't gotten psychologists for these guys to try and get over their mental blocks.

• Like 4