• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we put together an offer to get Westbrook?

tonegully

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A Westbrook Rental is not going to get them much in return.   NO team is going to be able to stop Westbrook from becoming a UFA and leaving.   Therefore No team is  going to give a whole lot for the rental of Westbrook.  Not even the Lakers. 

IN that same sort of thinking, OKC is holding a rental.  At the end of the year, they will get nothing for him.   Next year, the cap goes up by another 20 Million.  So it will be an auction for Westbrook and it's no secret that he's not staying in OKC.. if he were, Durant may have stayed.   So.. the real question is what will OKC settle for.

A good young PG and a pick or 2 is a great start.  They need to start thinking rebuild because right now, that's all they have. 

They will get a lot more ... also you can look at what one year of Kevin Love got Minny.  

• Admin
1 minute ago, Germantor said:

He is top 5 but selfless plus has green light and not a team player....so what if Dennis don't dunk like that...Dennis will be top 5 in next 2-3 years...but u can't grow talent by wanting to trade every person we have for a rental

I am not a fan of Westbrook or his selfish game but there is no doubt his value ... to say Dennis will be top 5 is obvious speculation ... right now he is a decent player who has potential ... we traded away a better point guard to let him grow to see what we got.  He might become a lot better or we might have what we saw last season ... a quick player who is a good penetrator / decent passer / decent defender / selfish at times and can sometime get out of control and take some bad shots.

3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Celtics put together something for him

I actually think this is the most likely scenario...unfortunately.  The Celtics have a LOT of picks to give if the Thunder are interested in rebuilding.  

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

They will get a lot more ... also you can look at what one year of Kevin Love got Minny.  

Minny got a First round pick, Anthony Bennett and Thaddeus Young.   How is that different than Dennis, a First round pick, Tiago  and Thabo?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I actually think this is the most likely scenario...unfortunately.  The Celtics have a LOT of picks to give if the Thunder are interested in rebuilding.  

The Celtics have Thomas... #1.  The Celtics are not giving up the world to get a rental... #2. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

The Celtics have Thomas... #1.  The Celtics are not giving up the world to get a rental... #2. 

Last I heard they weren't really married to Thomas, but could just be a rumor.  Westbrook could possibly play the 2.  They'd do the trade if Westbrook gave them some sort of guarantee, but I see your point.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Minny got a First round pick, Anthony Bennett and Thaddeus Young.   How is that different than Dennis, a First round pick, Tiago  and Thabo?

Minny got the FIRST pick, the previous years first pick (he turned out to be a bust but that was not determined yet) and a quality pf   .... as opposed to an unknown potential of a pg ... a LATE first pick, a center who is old and is just a decent backup and a sf who is older can defend but can't score (two guys who are better suited to a win now situation not on a team starting over).  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Last I heard they weren't really married to Thomas, but could just be a rumor.  Westbrook could possibly play the 2.  They'd do the trade if Westbrook gave them some sort of guarantee, but I see your point.

Last I saw... Thomas had Celtic Pom Poms, a Leprechaun Suit,  And Green Underwear that flashed "Celtic Pride" on them.   They may not be married to him, but he's married to them.  I would love to see them cast him to the side for a rental...  It would be like real housewives of Boston!!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Minny got the FIRST pick, the previous years first pick (he turned out to be a bust but that was not determined yet) and a quality pf   .... as opposed to an unknown potential of a pg ... a LATE first pick, a center who is old and is just a decent backup and a sf who is older can defend but can't score (two guys who are better suited to a win now situation not on a team starting over).  

• Premium Member

OKC would get a first round pick.. I would even throw in Prince if they asked for him. Dennis,...  And  Cap Space.  

IF they are bad enough, their own pick would be high in the strongest draft class since 2003.

Moreover, Capspace in a time to go after Free agents with 20+ More million to spend. 

For a rental.   Nobody is giving up a #1 pick overall for a rental this year.   Ask Philly if they will give up their #1 pick for Westbrook.. I bet they hang up the phone. 

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OKC would get a first round pick.. I would even throw in Prince if they asked for him. Dennis,...  And  Cap Space.  

IF they are bad enough, their own pick would be high in the strongest draft class since 2003.

Moreover, Capspace in a time to go after Free agents with 20+ More million to spend. 

For a rental.   Nobody is giving up a #1 pick overall for a rental this year.   Ask Philly if they will give up their #1 pick for Westbrook.. I bet they hang up the phone. 

I am done with this convo ... just making me tired ... you are not going to remotely convince me that the package you are proposing would get Westbrook ... its just not enough

18 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Yall are nuts. I'd take a year of Westbrook with Howard and Millsap.  We might avg a out for the first time ever.  That and the glamour of this city would be enough to inspire him to stay.  

Do u remember the 13 win season?

8 minutes ago, swolehawk2 said:

i know you guys really want a superstar. But, do you really want to see Dwight and Westbrook in Atlanta, on the court, at the same time?

Please give it some thought before you answer.

The two best players we have had since Dominique at the same time? Yes please

On 7/5/2016 at 6:46 PM, Spud2Nique said:

Respectfully disagree here. If you make him fit and he takes over, you have a problem. He's a great stat guy but hasn't won too much. I guess this season is the ultimate test without KD.

An elite pick n roll passer with an elite pick n roll finsher? Yes, Please. Westbrook works great with bigs. Look at Steven Adams or Enes Kanter

19 minutes ago, swolehawk2 said:

i know you guys really want a superstar. But, do you really want to see Dwight and Westbrook in Atlanta, on the court, at the same time?

Please give it some thought before you answer.

It's not crazy although I freely acknowledge the logistics of it would be weird.  We need something drastic to happen.  Status quo is 'safe' and 'palatable'.  I'm ready for my Hawks to leave a bad taste in opponents' moufs.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's not crazy although I freely acknowledge the logistics of it would be weird.  We need something drastic to happen.  Status quo is 'safe' and 'palatable'.  I'm ready for my Hawks to leave a bad taste in opponents' moufs.

Why does every have a flag of Uruguay next to their names now? You and @ATLSmith