• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Renegotiation Extension .

Diesel

• Premium Member

Since we're all worried about Millsap Leaving at the end of the season, we should take a page out of the rockets playbook and do a renegotiation extension now.

I would say renegotiate a 4 year 108 Million dollar extension with him now and remove his opt out.   There are a few reasons why we do this:

1.  It shows that we are serious about paying loyalty. 

2.  It keeps him from opting out. 

3,  It gives Free agents that may be looking at us a chance to see a very stable front court with him and D12 here. 

4.  It pays him 27 per which is a good deal going into his last contract... should see him to he's 36.

5.  It's tradable. 

• Like 3

Can't. 

His current contract does not allow an extension. He can only get an extension to his current contract on the 3rd year anniversary of signing it.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can't. 

His current contract does not allow an extension. He can only get an extension to his current contract on the 3rd year anniversary of signing it.

I am impressed.  This makes me realize how little I know about the specifics of players contracts, especially if you knew off the top of your head.

7 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I am impressed.  This makes me realize how little I know about the specifics of players contracts, especially if you knew off the top of your head.

Credit to hawksfanatic, I actually read his cap stuff and asked a lot of questions.  I got too fustrated in not understanding why we couldn't do certain things, so I got me some 'edumacation.'

Hopefully after next season Paul might possibly want to stay hooked up with Dwight.  I have been one of Dwight's biggest critics, but i am finally coming around to giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Trout7
  • Like 4

It could truly work and I have bashed D12 forever with the diva stuff but he and Sap together could really change the interior defense and rebounding problems on the stage that counts more than anything, the playoffs. Its a solid shot at that brick wall that is Cleveland we will face sooner or later every year in the playoffs. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I also really hated losing Al but now i am starting to feel better about him leaving his softness behind.  I think this team will play tougher with the little Diva gone.

Agreed. Tougher defensively in the paint and at the rim without a doubt.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

For this year, i really like   Paul, Dwight, Tiago, and hopefully Hump.. playing the frontcourt positions.   It's like toughness  after toughness.   I think mixing those guys with good scoring from the Point and the SGs and we will be a tough team. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

For this year, i really like   Paul, Dwight, Tiago, and hopefully Hump.. playing the frontcourt positions.   It's like toughness  after toughness.   I think mixing those guys with good scoring from the Point and the SGs and we will be a tough team. 

I just have a bad feeling we won't keep Humphries.  I was very impressed by him.

• Like 1

Is the complexity of NBA contracts something that could be looked at in the CBA? 

The NFL contracts are NOTHING like this. They're not guaranteed so that might be a difference, but Jesus. The NBA has 100 different loopholes and exceptions. 

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Afro said:

Is the complexity of NBA contracts something that could be looked at in the CBA? 

The NFL contracts are NOTHING like this. They're not guaranteed so that might be a difference, but Jesus. The NBA has 100 different loopholes and exceptions. 

I tend to like NBA contracts because they are guaranteed for the most part.

Nothing like getting signed for 7 years 200 Million dollars with a 10 Million dollar signing bonus  and finding out that all you got was 10 million dollars. 

I just have a bad feeling we won't keep Humphries.  I was very impressed by him.

Let's not forget that Humphries was in coach Bud's doghouse towards the end of last season for some unknown reason. Not sure he will be coming back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I tend to like NBA contracts because they are guaranteed for the most part.

Nothing like getting signed for 7 years 200 Million dollars with a 10 Million dollar signing bonus  and finding out that all you got was 10 million dollars. 

Oh I have no issue with that. 

It's all the other stuff. MLE, Other LE, Bird rights, early bird rights, luxury tax, 36 rule, on and on and on. 

It just seems like an INCREDIBLY complicated system and its doing absolutely nothing for league parity. Is that not the point of a salary cap and all these rules? To keep a handful of teams from holding all the talent. 

• Premium Member

I would love for this to happen,but I think Millsap might test the market.... everything depends on how well this season goes. I've always felt like Babycakes was offensively challenged, but not Millsap he clearly showed he was the best player on the Hawks. 45 in a playoff game in Boston is nothing to sneeze at. If  Babycakes and Teague would have showed up, the Hawks would've won. 

• Like 1

Credit to hawksfanatic, I actually read his cap stuff and asked a lot of questions.  I got too fustrated in not understanding why we couldn't do certain things, so I got me some 'edumacation.'

You should just ask your husband if you don't understand something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Since we're all worried about Millsap Leaving at the end of the season, we should take a page out of the rockets playbook and do a renegotiation extension now.

I would say renegotiate a 4 year 108 Million dollar extension with him now and remove his opt out.   There are a few reasons why we do this:

1.  It shows that we are serious about paying loyalty. 

2.  It keeps him from opting out. 

3,  It gives Free agents that may be looking at us a chance to see a very stable front court with him and D12 here. 

4.  It pays him 27 per which is a good deal going into his last contract... should see him to he's 36.

5.  It's tradable. 

6 (and most important). He'll NEVER do that since he could earn more as a FA.

13 hours ago, Ruckus said:

Let's not forget that Humphries was in coach Bud's doghouse towards the end of last season for some unknown reason. Not sure he will be coming back.

Maybe Bud didn't like Humph crashing the boards for offensive rebounds and wanted him immediately on transition defense. That statement is mainly sarcastic but then again one of Bud's calling cards is getting back on defense. Keeping him on the bench ended up being a mistake.

• Like 1

Maybe Bud didn't like Humph crashing the boards for offensive rebounds and wanted him immediately on transition defense. That statement is mainly sarcastic but then again one of Bud's calling cards is getting back on defense. Keeping him on the bench ended up being a mistake.

Lets see if Dwight is expected to do the same. I hope not.

11 minutes ago, Ruckus said:

Lets see if Dwight is expected to do the same. I hope not.

Believe the coaching staff will be making big adjustments on both ends of the floor taking advantage of our upgrade at rebounding and the rim protection as well. Pick and roll should be fun with Dennis showing more of what he can do with Dwight and Sap this year as opposed to working with Sap and a center thats working on his perimeter range every game.