• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks = Offseason Winner

germanhawk17

• Admin

Right now I look at our offseason as neutral ... I don't think we really improved but didn't go backwards to far either ...

Do we have Orlando Howard or the Howard from LA/Houston ... I know some of it was a product of the systems he was in but also attitude and injuries play a big part.  Is he an upgrade over Al?  No I don't think so ... rebounding and rim protection ... yes but offensively and even defense no ... Al did a lot of things that we will miss ... his smart bbiq ... his ability to run the offense through him ... his mid range shot for spacing ... the fact that he can hit a free throw ... my biggest worry is us having to sit Dwight at the end of close games ... he is also injury prone ... knees / back 

Dennis full time scares me ... his talent is there but he can get out of control ... I always looked at having Jeff was a settling force ... he can really grow as a player this season and this is his opportunity ... I just hope he stays within the team game and not be the iso / look for his shot too much kind of player that he sometimes has the tendency to be.  This is chance to put it all together and take his game to the next level ... I hope he can do it ... he def doesn't lack for confidence

I feel we way overpaid for Baz but the kid has a good head on his shoulders and a great attitude and motor ... I hope he can keep in control as well as he has a tendency to also over do it but he can also really contribute when he is hot.

I love the Jack pickup ... a nice mentor and lockerroom guy who can still play and contribute if his injury has affected him too much

Delaney can be a steal or a miss ... no idea what we got there yet

Our draft picks are interesting too but I don't know if they are ready to contribute yet

We still need another weapon ... maybe a sf and depth for bigs ...

Right now our team is not as good as last seasons but there is still time to make some more moves

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Too many unknowns to assess where we stand, positive or negative:

Which Dwight do we have.... how quickly will Dennis mature... will Baze continue to grow his offensive game... to what extent will Korver benefit from a non-surgical off-season versus suffer from another year older... how will Delaney's game translate or not... will one or both of our rookies stand out, or for that matter, will one or both get any serious playing time outside of D-league play... how long can we expect Mike Scott to be on the roster, if at all... and now, is Jack going to recover in-time, and even if he does, will another younger player beat him out for the roster spot... ?!?

The only relatively sure-things we have going for us are that it would seem reasonable to assume that Splitter will give us 50 games or more, which is an improvement.... that Sap will continue to produce like Sap normally produces... and that Thabo will be a defensive force.

I don't know how to get particularly excited nor depressed, really.

@capstone21

Injuries of course are an issue with Howard. I hope he will be healthy. What i've heard in interviews etc. Howard is at a time in his career where he really wants a redemption. For me it looks like he wants to proove that he can be a superstar at his hometown. I really hope so. But of course i can understand your worries. Especially the free throw worries. Maybe the atlanta shoowing coach can help him a litte. On twitter i also noticed, that he workes on a new shooting routine and maybe it will help...

I also can understand your worries about schröder, but i think in his starter role he really will be looking to involve his teammates first, as he has the security to play 30 minutes or more. He will knew he will have enough opportunities to score, so he can take just what the defense gives him and not overlooking for his own shot just like a bench scorer.

With our rookies i agree.. Maybe prince can contribute directly.. but dont know if bembry can..

I'm really not worried about Dennis as the starter.

Off the bench he had to come in and either maintain or change the pace and look of a game.  As a starter, he will set the pace and tone of the game from the start, playing alongside better players where he doesn't feel like it's on him to create a spark. In his interview at the SL game he said 'It's my team now' - loved it.  Take ownership.

giphy.gif

vor 8 Minuten, JayBirdHawk sagte:

I'm really not worried about Dennis as the starter.

Off the bench he had to come in and either maintain or change the pace and look of a game.  As a starter, he will set the pace and tone of the game from the start, playing alongside better players where he doesn't feel like it's on him to create a spark. In his interview at the SL game he said 'It's my team now' - loved it.  Take ownership.

giphy.gif

Yes i am thinking the same.

Dennis always grew with his challenges.  There was a time here in germany i said, that dennis will once be a starter in the german bundesliga (first league in germany) ...At that time there where few people who believed me...

He made it and he was one of the best german players in the league.

Than there was a time i said, that he will get drafted and be the next german player in the nba....At that time also few people believed that..

You know what happenend...

And some time ago i said, dennis will be an all star.( which was his goal also.. as he came in the nba he once said, that he wants to be an all star in the next 5 years i think).

And now we will see how dennis will grew again!!

Edited by germanhawk17
  • Like 2