• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks = Offseason Winner

germanhawk17

Herzlich willkommen,

well Dude you did one mistake for sure, you forgot that we have kg01. The true basketball jesus!

But on a more serious note, all upsides you called also have downsides to them. Its just not safe to say anything at all atm. And yes Horford was more on the softside, his shooting will be missed. Its just not safe to say anything yet. I would actually say that the hawks are in good shape but budenholzer will resign midseason.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, sturt said:

Too many unknowns to assess where we stand, positive or negative:

Which Dwight do we have.... how quickly will Dennis mature... will Baze continue to grow his offensive game... to what extent will Korver benefit from a non-surgical off-season versus suffer from another year older... how will Delaney's game translate or not... will one or both of our rookies stand out, or for that matter, will one or both get any serious playing time outside of D-league play... how long can we expect Mike Scott to be on the roster, if at all... and now, is Jack going to recover in-time, and even if he does, will another younger player beat him out for the roster spot... ?!?

The only relatively sure-things we have going for us are that it would seem reasonable to assume that Splitter will give us 50 games or more, which is an improvement.... that Sap will continue to produce like Sap normally produces... and that Thabo will be a defensive force.

I don't know how to get particularly excited nor depressed, really.

Correcting myself twice in one day... but this time, not really my fault....

So much for "it would seem reasonable to assume that Splitter will give us 50 games or more".... based on what Wilcox said today, that's not necessarily as automatic as I'd assumed after all.

When Dwight was signed I said "ugh."  When Al walked, "meh."  But with the depth that has developed and a peek at the rooks, now I'm saying "hell yeah."  

Bud is energized with more dynamic wing play, upgraded rebounding, heightened team toughness, and a masterful mix of kids with vets still near their primes.  I've never been to a Home Opener.  That changes this year.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

When Dwight was signed I said "ugh."  When Al walked, "meh."  But with the depth that has developed and a peek at the rooks, now I'm saying "hell yeah."  

Bud is energized with more dynamic wing play, upgraded rebounding, heightened team toughness, and a masterful mix of kids with vets still near their primes.  I've never been to a Home Opener.  That changes this year.

@benhillboyThose are the best ones to go to - tons of free stuff, lol.