• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sullinger an UFA now, any interest from Hawks?...

I know he's not a great outside shooter but he seems like he'd make a decent backup big.  Have no idea what the cost would be.  I've never been a huge Splitter fan and there's no telling what Scott's future holds.  Any interest from the Squawk??

As an aside, now that the Celtics have moved on from Sullinger, I'm even less impressed with their roster moves adding Al and losing Sullinger.  They seem to have gotten less physical and more finesse.  They take a big step back in rebounding (Alice's 10.6 per 48 vs Sullinger's 16.9) and only a marginal uptick in scoring (22.7 pts per 48 for Alice vs 20.9 for Sullinger). 

I mentioned his name as a potential guy to fill Hump's spot (since his status is still in limbo).  Good reboarding guy.  Not expected to play that many minutes so he'd be able to work into shape.  Would come cheap since he's apparently not wanted due to the conditioning issue(s).  I'd offer him some non-guaranteed contract of some kind.  Earn your way bak, sun.

@REHawksFan, I heard Selltic-homer Scalabrine on NBARadio this morning say STTE, "With adding Alicia and losing a guy like Sullinger, blah, blah, blah ... defensive reboarding becomes a bit of an issue for the Selltix."  I was like, "a bit of an issue"?  Y'all have no idea what you just signed up for.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I mentioned his name as a potential guy to fill Hump's spot (since his status is still in limbo).  Good reboarding guy.  Not expected to play that many minutes so he'd be able to work into shape.  Would come cheap since he's apparently not wanted due to the conditioning issue(s).  I'd offer him some non-guaranteed contract of some kind.  Earn your way bak, sun.

@REHawksFan, I heard Selltic-homer Scalabrine on NBARadio this morning say STTE, "With adding Alicia and losing a guy like Sullinger, blah, blah, blah ... defensive reboarding becomes a bit of an issue for the Selltix."  I was like, "a bit of an issue"?  Y'all have no idea what you just signed up for.

Are there 778 days in a year now and nobody told me?

Fatty Sullinger and 'work into shape' should never be in the same sentence. The only shape is 'blob'

If Fatty Sullinger couldn't get in shape in a contract year what makes ypu think he will now. You dissapoint me @kg01. Smh.

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am not that interested but I also think he is going to want more money then we have to offer

Thing is, he's not getting many offers. Will be interested to see his Toronto deal.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Fatty Sullinger and 'work into shape' should never be in the same sentence. The only shape is 'blob'

If Fatty Sullinger couldn't get in shape in a contract year what makes ypu think he will now. You dissapoint me @kg01. Smh.

It's interesting to me that even in bad shape Sullinger put up numbers that compare favorably to Alice. 

SEASON P/40 R/40 A/40 TS% AST TO USG REB PER
Sullinger '15-'16 17.4 14.1 3.9 47.6 16 8.7 21.1 18.7 16.78
Alice '15-'16 19 9.1 4 56.5 17.8 7.3 19.5 12.4 19.46

Alice is the better player, but if the Hawks had Sullinger in a backup role, he'd play less minutes so the out of shape problem wouldn't be as big an issue.  Seems like an upgrade to Splitter anyway. 

• Admin
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Thing is, he's not getting many offers. Will be interested to see his Toronto deal.

They def have a need at PF ... although the need was a defending big ... he is a post guy like JV ... they might get in the way of each other ... I guess he is doing the one year route to prove himself ... 

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

It's interesting to me that even in bad shape Sullinger put up numbers that compare favorably to Alice. 

SEASON P/40 R/40 A/40 TS% AST TO USG REB PER
Sullinger '15-'16 17.4 14.1 3.9 47.6 16 8.7 21.1 18.7 16.78
Alice '15-'16 19 9.1 4 56.5 17.8 7.3 19.5 12.4 19.46

Alice is the better player, but if the Hawks had Sullinger in a backup role, he'd play less minutes so the out of shape problem wouldn't be as big an issue.  Seems like an upgrade to Splitter anyway. 

There's more to basketball than just offense. 

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

They def have a need at PF ... although the need was a defending big ... he is a post guy like JV ... they might get in the way of each other ... I guess he is doing the one year route to prove himself ... 

Patterson is their starter though. Sully off the bench.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ah, well he's off to TOR.  Figured, since Hump is still out there, we'd need a guy in that spot. 

28 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Are there 778 days in a year now and nobody told me?

You, of all people, should be rooting for the fattee to get a shot.  SMDH

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's more to basketball than just offense. 

That's true, and it's a moot point now anyway.  BUT....I will point out that Alice had a DRPM of 2.08 while Sullinger was 2.48 last season so it's not like Sullinger was a huge liability.  And again, I was talking about Sullinger being a backup so it limits the exposure to his deficiencies. 

EDIT:  I had the numbers wrong.  Sullinger actually has a better Defensive RPM compared to Alice.

Edited by REHawksFan

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ah, well he's off to TOR.  Figured, since Hump is still out there, we'd need a guy in that spot. 

You, of all people, should be rooting for the fattee to get a shot.  SMDH

Lol...if you want we can clear this up for the squawk and post pics so they know ur clearly the fatty. Let me know. Lol