• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The New Face of the Hawks!

Diesel

I'll bite... 

I think Howard will be THE guy.. already saw interviews on ESPN.  I am loving it.

If Baze can get some shine for Atlanta I am cool with it too.  

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, volman said:

I'll bite... 

I think Howard will be THE guy.. already saw interviews on ESPN.  I am loving it.

If Baze can get some shine for Atlanta I am cool with it too.  

I must admit, I haven't seen the ESPN interviews.  However, if Howard comes back with renewed Vigor, then more media outlets will definitely anoint him as leader of the Hawks.  I just like to keep the media pressure off Howard.  IF Base can be that  "lighten rod" as you would have it, then I think it would pay off for our franchise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I must admit, I haven't seen the ESPN interviews.  However, if Howard comes back with renewed Vigor, then more media outlets will definitely anoint him as leader of the Hawks.  I just like to keep the media pressure off Howard.  IF Base can be that  "lighten rod" as you would have it, then I think it would pay off for our franchise.  

Well you saw in the presser today that Dwight respects Baze. There is a true authenticity about this team and I am damn proud of the roster we are going to war with. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, volman said:

Well you saw in the presser today that Dwight respects Baze. There is a true authenticity about this team and I am damn proud of the roster we are going to war with. 

The one thing that worries me about Dwight is that I think his skin is a bit thin for a guy who is as accomplished as he.  I think Bud and Wes need to insulate him from the media.   Maybe Dwight can garner some Duncanish Respect before it's all over. 

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

The one thing that worries me about Dwight is that I think his skin is a bit thin for a guy who is as accomplished as he.  I think Bud and Wes need to insulate him from the media.   Maybe Dwight can garner some Duncanish Respect before it's all over. 

That's probably what we sold him. He is a hall of fame talent but his legacy is getting absolutely destroyed. Yes, Dwight is a bit thin skinned, but this move will be good for him because (like it was said today) he is actually joining a team for once. 

Should be interesting to see how this all unfolds... In Bud I trust.