• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what will be the main 13?

ViewsFromTheSquawk

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yes. I thought we already agreed on that, but if we didn't, we should have.

We agree on it.  I think @JayBirdHawk views this as a fine use of a roster spot under the thinking that the last spots are inconsequential, although perhaps I'm putting words in her mouth.

You and I just disagree on how to characterize Moose's sub-Pero defensive rebounding % / similar to Sap total rebounding %.  'Defensive craptastic rebounding showing that he is subpar' versus 'when you add in his offensive rebounding he is rivaling a good rebounder and therefore at least on par what you expect from a big man'.  Both of us think the other's label doesn't fit.

Moose does not have a fully guaranteed contract.

Someone has to be on the bench. If not him who would you like to bring in for his $1m in salary.

Like I said previously he's our 'in case of emergencgy break glass' player that can play the 4 or 5.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Someone has to be on the bench. If not him who would you like to bring in for his $1m in salary.

Like I said previously he's our 'in case of emergencgy break glass' player that can play the 4 or 5.

I'd like someone I thought could actually crack the rotation this year or in a future year with the Hawks.  I don't think Moose is that guy.  Love the Moose goggles, though.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd like someone I thought could actually crack the rotation this year or in a future year with the Hawks.  I don't think Moose is that guy. 

Understood. I don't think even the most ardent Moose supporter would say he necessarily is. There's just a recognition that the pool of anyone with greater certainty at that price.... and who is available... is pretty shallow if it exists at all.

(My last post on the topic, mom, I promise.)