• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

So what will be the main 13?

ViewsFromTheSquawk

We all pretty much have a clear cut idea of who will be on this team from the jump...

Dennis Schröder

Kyle Korver

Kent Bazemore

Paul Millsap

Dwight Howard

Thabo Sefolosha

Tim Hardaway Jr.

Kris Humphries

Mike Scott? (Not counting him until jury is out but hopefully he's here) 

Tiago Splitter

Edy Tavares

Malcolm Delaney

Jarrett Jack

Taurean Waller-Prince

DeAndre Bembry

Mike Muscala

That's 16, but which guys sit? Preferably I think Muscala and Bembry sit. And depending on how Mike Scott's case goes im sliding Bembry to the D-League to win MVP, and putting Edy in the inactives. What about y'all? 

Yeah, we can only have 15, not 16, so barring a trade, look for Scott to get got. 

Edy and Bembry to Dleague; Moose, THJ, and possibly Delaney & Humph to be steady DNP-CD collectors depending on the health of the others. Nine regular players, with occasional spot minutes from the remainders.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Edy has already been assigned to the D-League.

No he isn't. We haven't even reached training camp yet, nor has the roster been set yet. Nobody is assigned to the D League right now. And nobody gets assigned there permanently. We always send a guy down there for brief stints to work on aspects of their game and/or to get some playing time if they have been DNP-CD'd frequently.

2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Yeah, we can only have 15, not 16, so barring a trade, look for Scott to get got. 

Edy and Bembry to Dleague; Moose, THJ, and possibly Delaney & Humph to be steady DNP-CD collectors depending on the health of the others. Nine regular players, with occasional spot minutes from the remainders.

We usually have a 10 man rotation during the season, not nine. We may even expand that to 11 this year frequently due to a lot of young players that need to get some minutes for development. I think a lot of that will depend on if we are winning a lot of games or not.

Scott or Muscala are the most likely candidates for trade or release. I expect whichever one of those two that stays will be eating up a lot of the DNP's. The other 3 to 4 regular DNP's will probably be some combination of Jack/Delaney, Bembry, Prince/Hardaway, Tavares/Splitter.

Delaney will likely be the primary backup, but Jack will get minutes during the season here and there in order to rest Delaney and Schröder. Jack is here more as a mentor and experienced vet if needed, not as a player that will be counted on for regular minutes.

Edited by RandomFan

Starters: Schröder, Bazemore, Korver, Milsap, Howrd

Bench Rotation: Splitter, Jack, Delaney, Humphries, Thabo, Prince, Hardaway Jr

DLeague Bubble: Tavares, Bembry,

Cut Bubble, Muscola, Scott

We have room to make a small trade if need be. Looking at how the pieces fit together I am not sure we need to. We have a balanced rotation at every position that will allow us to develop a couple of decent players in  the DLeague ready for call up should we suffer a injury.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

I really think once the all-star break rolls around Splitter is good as gone. It makes no sense to continue holding onto a backup center at 30 some odd years old under a 8.5mil dollar contract when you got 2 guys in Humphries and Tavares that've shown signs of being capable to take the minutes needed to backup our main Center and be effective. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Wish we had some way of digging into Banks County's history in prosecuting drug charges, just to give us some concept of what they've typically done, plea deals and otherwise. Better yet, wish we have an ace journalist who would do that kind of investigation.

I'm guessing at this point Moose is essentially our insurance policy against Scott's contract being voided, and if it somehow turns out that Scott escapes the molly charge (the weed charge carrying a much lesser penalty to be concerned about), Moose will be shopped for a 2nd round pick or rights to a stashed player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wish we had some way of digging into Banks County's history in prosecuting drug charges, just to give us some concept of what they've typically done, plea deals and otherwise. Better yet, wish we have an ace journalist who would do that kind of investigation.

I'm guessing at this point Moose is essentially our insurance policy against Scott's contract being voided, and if it somehow turns out that Scott escapes the molly charge (the weed charge carrying a much lesser penalty to be concerned about), Moose will be shopped for a 2nd round pick or rights to a stashed player.

There was some bruh hah hah recently with Banks County and lost evidence or something so - we discussed it previously but too lazy to look.

• Premium Member

Addressing the original question, I think we have to wait to see if our rookies continue to impress in SL and in TC.

Captain Obvious has reported that those two, based on history, perhaps along with Tavares, are the odds-on favorites to be getting D-league action. Then, too, there's the matter of Jack's rehab.

If all goes well... too well, that is, for Bud to keep the rooks in D-league... we might have a serious DNP-CD rotation at the back end of the roster for the first time in memory.

Just now, sturt said:

Addressing the original question, I think we have to wait to see if our rookies continue to impress in SL and in TC.

Captain Obvious has reported that those two, based on history, perhaps along with Tavares, are the odds-on favorites to be getting D-league action. Then, too, there's the matter of Jack's rehab.

If all goes well... too well, that is, for Bud to keep the rooks in D-league... we might have a serious DNP-CD rotation at the back end of the roster for the first time in memory.

I'm not sure why people think Jack won't be ready. Didn't he have surgery in January. Well, I guess once November rolls around it will be a complete 10 months. ACL's take 9-12 months? I think he will be ready to roll but we shall see.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

if it somehow turns out that Scott escapes the molly charge (the weed charge carrying a much lesser penalty to be concerned about), Moose will be shopped for a 2nd round pick or rights to a stashed player.

I'm not sure anyone will want him if he is playing like last season.

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm not sure why people think Jack won't be ready. Didn't he have surgery in January. Well, I guess once November rolls around it will be a complete 10 months. ACL's take 9-12 months? I think he will be ready to roll but we shall see.

Think Lou Williams - he also tore his ACL in January.  Took him awhile to get back up to speed.  Jack will also be 33 years old when the season starts.

I think Bud will let him ease back into basketball shape. 

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

(Agree he needs to show improvement. Disagree that he was as lousy as alleged. But already did that topic myself a few days ago.)

Moose's season was disappointing -  it started in Summer League where I expected him to at least look like an NBA player with experience.  He was still getting pushed around.