• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm confused Dennis or Denis?

34 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Did Dennis change the spelling of his name to Denis?

I don't know but was Jeff a victim of nepotism and nationality discrimination?  Bud is zee German.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I don't know but was Jeff a victim of nepotism and nationality discrimination?  Bud is zee German.

Lol...I have no idea why I never thought of this until you posted it. They are both German. It's mind boggling how it never occurred to me before. Lol. Wow...just wow.

Denis is a common Turkish name. So the whole Muslim theme maybe...kids

And Budenholzer literally means "Stallwooder" or "stall-carpenter" or more translatable: someone who builds stalls on fairs, markets etc.  "Bude" = stall - "Holzer" Wood-er" or carpenter I guess.

And yeah, Bud looks and acts very German too.  Very calm, but u can see Furorus Germanicus lingering somewhere there in his crazy facial expressions sometimes. But it never really takes over...till now.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I've not seen that anywhere.

Let's be honest though, 'd'-enis isn't what @Spud2Nique has had on his mind (ohhhh).

He already admitted to being unable to string words together to form coherent sentences - I would therefore surmise: spelling/reading might also be a problem.

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...I have no idea why I never thought of this until you posted it. They are both German. It's mind boggling how it never occurred to me before. Lol. Wow...just wow.

It didn't register with me either until I checked Bud's Wiki.  Then it all made sense. 

People bash Wikipedia, why I don't know.  They don't remember bookshelves with big ass encyclopedia sets as the main attraction of your living room.  You gotta search by alphabetical order, pages torn out and sh$t.  

There are some weird inconsistencies, though.  The page on birds looks like it was written by the foremost bird expert in the world.  The page on alligators seems to be written by a 8th grader.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Denis is a common Turkish name. So the whole Muslim theme maybe...kids

And Budenholzer literally means "Stallwooder" or "stall-carpenter" or more translatable: someone who builds stalls on fairs, markets etc.  "Bude" = stall - "Holzer" Wood-er" or carpenter I guess.

And yeah, Bud looks and acts very German too.  Very calm, but u can see Furorus Germanicus lingering somewhere there in his crazy facial expressions sometimes. But it never really takes over...till now.

I just hate buds face expressions...looks like he had a crap pain

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He already admitted to being unable to string words together to form coherent sentences - I would therefore surmise: spelling/reading might also be a problem.

Lol...ok I swear I saw this on NBA.com summer league highlight section yesterday. It's said "from Dennis to Denis"...

I swear this is excess sun exposure. 

Ps...Don't you ever impune by spelling skills JBH. I gave those Indian kids nightmares back in my day at the spelling bee contests. If ESPN televised those competitions back in the 80's I would have been famous today. 

The only person that might be able to beat me in a spelling contest on squawk is lw3...MIGHT...

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...ok I swear I saw this on NBA.com summer league highlight section yesterday. It's said "from Dennis to Denis"...

I swear this is excess sun exposure. 

Ps...Don't you ever impune by spelling skills JBH. I gave those Indian kids nightmares back in my day at the spelling bee contests. If ESPN televised those competitions back in the 80's I would have been famous today. 

The only person that might be able to beat me in a spelling contest on squawk is lw3...MIGHT...

I found a clip of you!

Wu9fInt.gif

Maybe, but "Buden" literally means "Stalls"("Bude" = "Stall" singular) at oldstyle markets etc. Or even sheds, in older use of the word. Today a "Bude" is used to commonly describe small appartments among informal circles, like among friends. Like "my smelly little Bude sucks". lol. A "Bude" has this aura of a patched up together woodwork with a roof to perform a short-term task or protect things from the elements outside the home that are sturdy - like fire wood. But indeed. all the wood found in "Bude's"(small appartments) today is usually wooded floors. So there you go. Bud remains a mystery...

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

But then again, lastnames like these refer to oldstyle professions. Someone building floors in houses etc would just be called a "Zimmermann" which litterally means "Chamberman" and is a very common name in Germany and also among US Jews. "Budenholzer" I never heard before outside Bud, thereforeprolly  refering to a much less common profession.