• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis and Dwight not good together?

HopefulHawksFan

How the hell are Hawks fans going to argue with a Houston blogger who watches all of the games and sees Dwight on a nightly basis for three years and knows his ability when thry haven't watched Dwight outside of the playoffs or in big games since he was a Laker. Seriously, where do they do that at?

Why are you so head strong on making this Moses Malone In Atlanta player better than what he currently is. 

Look, it is unlikely he's going to be good next year. He needs to make a massive improvement for us to even be good next year. He's going to have get healthy, consistently produce and not do his Derrick Rose act of playing great for a quarter or a half and playing bad or being out with a nagging injury five games later. 

He's going to have to get healthy again. He going to have to play to his damn strengths which he refuses to do. Everyone in Houston wanted his big ass to get out of the post and set screens but his ass refused to move as if he's Shaq or something. This is the shit I am talking about. I was watching the game I had on archives yesterday. Exactly what I thought, he didn't set good screens. I mean shit, if he did Harden would love him but no, he doesn't even try. This is why he is gone is Houston. He simply wasn't the player he was when they signed him. Even Grant Hill stated he was not good last year during his summer league interview but Diesel said... Diesel is like my 2 year old daughter. She calls her head her knees because she doesn't fully understand yet.

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This board has become beyond insane. You got posters acting like Al Horford ain't the best PNR big when he's always been the best PnR big.

You got posters saying Dennis Schröder is a better PnR PG than Steve Nash. 

You got posters acting like we are getting 2008 Dwight from Orlando making direct comparisons to him at that stage and you got posters calling Houston bloggers haters because the blogger was like, he's what an older Tim Duncan was at this point with less ability. He needs to be play 30 minutes at most and he simply isn't the player he used to be. Hawks posters be like, hater, it's blame "coaches, Harden, personnel, organization, management" when it's general consensus that Morey is head and circles better at his job than Wilcox. The delusion y'all 

Supes I know you have a lot of hate going on and I really don't care what your excuse is; you are the one out of control. Nash was a shell of his MVP self in 2012/13. The man played over 30 mpg and averaged 6.7 assist.  Now if you want to lie and say Howard played with the MVP Nash, you would be dead on saying he was the best.

Even if I were to agree with you, which I don't; what you are saying is Dennis is the 2nd best PnR PG Howard has ever played with and Howard is the 2nd best PnR Center Dennis has ever played with. Now giving Dwight will out rebound Horford by 3 to 6 RPG, you gotta admit, they are a solid duo which should improve our team :approved:

SAP btw aint no Center, you need to find a team that interest you more if you don't know that, or learn a lot more about basketball.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Chemistry, i think it will go very well for Dwight and Dennis. Playstyle, do they fit together? im still not sure, Dennis likes to play aggresive a lot and attack first. It just depends if Dennis learns to control himself, , play smarter, have better decision making, and making plays for his teammates. He's still young, still have a lot time to improve and progress. Coach Bud trust him, thats why he's now a starting point guard. We'll see how they play next season.

This.

The PNR is about Reading and Reacting.    He gets a lot of disrespect but Jameer Nelson was a very talented PNR point guard.  He had the ability to read and react.  Dennis is good with throwing up lobs, but he still have levels to go before he's in Jameer Nelson's space.

When Dennis gets here... We won't be stopped. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Who is a better PnR big than Horford? No one is even close in today's NBA. No one. Maybe 6 years ago when Amare was boasting. Consistent at great screens, angles, improvisation on his picks, the ability to roll or cut, extremely high BBIQ and has been one of the most efficient PnR players in the last 10 years in the NBA at the PnR.

Sadly... Horford doesn't roll that much anymore.  Maybe 6 yrs ago before the pec tear...

Seriously.  Who is better?  Off the top:

1. Drummond

2.  Blake Griffin. 

3.  Karl Anthony Townes.

4.  Anthony Davis. 

5.   Jonas Valanciunas

6.  DeAndre Jordan

7.  Derrick Favors

Come on man.. I can go just about all day.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Sadly... Horford doesn't roll that much anymore.  Maybe 6 yrs ago before the pec tear...

Seriously.  Who is better?  Off the top:

1. Drummond

2.  Blake Griffin. 

3.  Karl Anthony Townes.

4.  Anthony Davis. 

5.   Jonas Valanciunas

6.  DeAndre Jordan

7.  Derrick Favors

Come on man.. I can go just about all day.

Drummond lol. Dead. Please stop talking Basketball. This is Diesel Chris Kaman fantasy talk of 2009 all over again. I can't believe you said Drummond. The best shooter in the NBA is Kent Bazemore. It makes as much sense as Drummond being the best at PnR. 

1. Someone said Schröder is better at PnR than Steve Nash and now Drummond is the best at PnR. Only on the squawk 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Supes I know you have a lot of hate going on and I really don't care what your excuse is; you are the one out of control. Nash was a shell of his MVP self in 2012/13. The man played over 30 mpg and averaged 6.7 assist.  Now if you want to lie and say Howard played with the MVP Nash, you would be dead on saying he was the best.

Even if I were to agree with you, which I don't; what you are saying is Dennis is the 2nd best PnR PG Howard has ever played with and Howard is the 2nd best PnR Center Dennis has ever played with. Now giving Dwight will out rebound Horford by 3 to 6 RPG, you gotta admit, they are a solid duo which should improve our team :approved:

SAP btw aint no Center, you need to find a team that interest you more if you don't know that, or learn a lot more about basketball.

Sap is the company who handles stats for the NBA. That is what I was referencing. 

As for Nash. The season before he was traded to LA, he was one of the best PGs in the NBA and every poster on this board wanted him to be traded to Atlanta. To say he was a shell might have been what had played out but before that, he was seen as the best true PG in the NBA just the season before. Sorry but coming into that season, Nash was expected to be a top 5 PG. No one is expecting that from Dennis other than on this site and maybe me if everything goes massively well. 

Lol, there you guys go with rebounds again, Bud didn't use Al in that way. He needed Al to play a different role and make everyone else's job easier. What's so hard to understand about that.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This.

The PNR is about Reading and Reacting.    He gets a lot of disrespect but Jameer Nelson was a very talented PNR point guard.  He had the ability to read and react.  Dennis is good with throwing up lobs, but he still have levels to go before he's in Jameer Nelson's space.

When Dennis gets here... We won't be stopped. 

2007 to 2009. I think we all would love to get Dwight from that season. Everyone. I want Dwight from that season as well. He was one of the best PnR players and one of the best period back then. 

I also want Tracy McGrady from Orlando but he wasn't that or close in Atlanta.

The pick and roll is about timing, angles, improvising, the using your body for the screen, reflexes, strength, agility and decision making. If it was just reading and reacting than Hassan Whiteside would be good at it. The advanced PnR guys can improvise, give you a lot of options and they can create mismatches which is the main purpose for PnR anyway.

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sap is the company who handles stats for the NBA. That is what I was referencing. 

As for Nash. The season before he was traded to LA, he was one of the best PGs in the NBA and every poster on this board wanted him to be traded to Atlanta. To say he was a shell might have been what had played out but before that, he was seen as the best true PG in the NBA just the season before. Sorry but coming into that season, Nash was expected to be a top 5 PG. No one is expecting that from Dennis other than on this site and maybe me if everything goes massively well. 

Lol, there you guys go with rebounds again, Bud didn't use Al in that way. He needed Al to play a different role and make everyone else's job easier. What's so hard to understand about that.

1st fact, Al was used as a true center before Bud and his best years in rebounding would match Dwight's worse. Enough said on rebounding. You have no facts to base your opinion on; and its a really uninformed one concerning Al vs Dwight in rebounding.

2nd fact, Nash was not good the year he played with Dwight. Enough said on Nash. You have no facts to base your opinion on and looked really bad talking about Nash's 2012/13 season as if it was something great.

Unless you are going to base something on a stat/fact that actually supports your argument, stop arguing with me. You are making yourself look really bad by just ranting and not showing any substantial evidence to support your rants.

I know casual fans where I work at who are better informed than you.

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

1st fact, Al was used as a true center before Bud and his best years in rebounding would match Dwight's worse. Enough said on rebounding. You have no facts to base your opinion on; and its a really uninformed one concerning Al vs Dwight in rebounding.

2nd fact, Nash was not good the year he played with Dwight. Enough said on Nash. You have no facts to base your opinion on and looked really bad talking about Nash's 2012/13 season as if it was something great.

Unless you are going to base something on a stat/fact that actually supports your argument, stop arguing with me. You are making yourself look really bad by just ranting and not showing any substantial evidence to support your rants.

Seriously, I know casual fans where I work at who are better informed than you.

I look at rebounding chances. SAP tracks stats.  What matters to me is contesting shots, closing off driving lanes, hedging on PnR, PnP, overall defensive versatility,  rim protection, paint protection, being an anchor on defense and over BBIQ,  if you can't understand that, we will never see eye to eye.

Reading comprehension my friend.  Where did I say Nash played well with the Lakers? I said the season before he joined, he was seen as a top 5 PG and the best true PG in the NBA. Everyone expected him to play elite in LA with Dwight and Kobe. Everyone did. Are you saying the squawk didn't want Nash that previous season? We all wanted Nash. 

Where have I been wrong? Everything I am saying can be backed by stats and the tape which is why I am saying it otherwise I wouldn't say it. You are the one I think is dead ass wrong.

Sigh, somebody needs an intervention ... and a hug.  Al Horford is not walking through that door.  And if he does, he'll be old and gray ....

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This would be another obvious lie. Steve Nash was the best PnR PG Dwight has ever played with. In fact, he might be the 2nd best PnR PG of all time to Stockton. 

Also, yes Horford is the best PnR bigs. Even the numbers over the last three seasons back it up. Horford is one of the greatest PnR bigs to ever play the game.

Noah is one of the best PnR bigs. While not a great finisher, his BBIQ and improvise skills make life a lot easier on the PG. Ask Derrick Rose.

The rest of the list speaks for itself. If you want. You can look at SAP stats and see for yourself. Chandler by data should be higher up but he wasn't good last year.

That may be true for the 50 games they played together? but were they really running a PnR game with Kobe on that team?  I think most people don't even remember Nash and Dwight playing together.

What list?  The one you created?  I've been scouring the interwebs all morning and I still haven't found one that has Al rated as 'the best' let alone top 10 in Pick n Roll for any one season let alone of all time.  Just because you say it doesn't make it so, when you stuff like 'the greatest PnR bigs to EVER play the game'  now you are just being silly and losing credibility.

This kid literally said he knows causal fans more informed than me. This is why I don't take one star posters seriously. The nonsense that comes from their mouth equals 5th grader telling his PhD level  math teacher he's smarter than the teacher. 

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I look at rebounding chances. SAP tracks stats.  What matters to me is contesting shots, closing off driving lanes, hedging on PnR, PnP, overall defensive versatility,  rim protection, paint protection, being an anchor on defense and over BBIQ,  if you can't understand that, we will never see eye to eye.

Reading comprehension my friend.  Where did I say Nash played well with the Lakers? I said the season before he joined, he was seen as a top 5 PG and the best true PG in the NBA. Everyone expected him to play elite in LA with Dwight and Kobe. Everyone did. Are you saying the squawk didn't want Nash that previous season? We all wanted Nash. 

Where have I been wrong? Everything I am saying can be backed by stats and the tape which is why I am saying it otherwise I wouldn't say it. You are the one I think is dead ass wrong.

You are worse than a little child. Rant, rant, rant. Where is the link with all these stats that say how great Nash was with the PnR when he played with Dwight? Where is this rebounding stat that shows how great Horford was vs Dwight?

My original statement was Dennis is the best PnR PG Howard has ever had. Howard is the best PnR Center Dennis has ever had.

Quit acting like a child who just got spanked. I know that is what I did here; but you can still be more of a man about it.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You are worse than a little child. Rant, rant, rant. Where is the link with all these stats that say how great Nash was with the PnR when he played with Dwight? Where is this rebounding stat that shows how great Horford was vs Dwight?

My original statement was Dennis is the best PnR PG Howard has ever had. Howard is the best PnR Center Dennis has ever had.

Quit acting like a child who just got spanked. I know that is what I did here; but you can still be more of a man about it.

You keep throwing childish insults when I simply think you are wrong and then you call me a child. If I wasn't as smart as I was I would assume you were a troll. 

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This kid literally said he knows causal fans more informed than me. This is why I don't take one star posters seriously. The nonsense that comes from their mouth equals 5th grader telling his PhD level  math teacher he's smarter than the teacher. 

Granted, the personal shot was a bit much.  I think what he was perceiving is what we all know about you, Supers.  You are super biased.  You're one of my favorite posters but man you are out of control biased sometimes.

Lastly, we just gon' gloss over the notion that you basically referred to yourself as a PhD-level basketball mind? :happy:  Hawsquawk Lebron up in dis.

Just now, kg01 said:

Granted, the personal shot was a bit much.  I think what he was perceiving is what we all know about you, Supers.  You are super biased.  You're one of my favorite posters but man you are out of control biased sometimes.

Lastly, we just gon' gloss over the notion that you basically referred to yourself as a PhD-level basketball mind? :happy:  Hawsquawk Lebron up in dis.

himZD0M.gif