• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis and Dwight not good together?

HopefulHawksFan

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Love the influx of the intelligent female Hawks fans to the Squawk. It's been@JayBirdHawk and@kg01 as the only Hawk wives on Hawksquaek for years.

Strange that the ladies are joining as Horforf left. Did you ladies feel we had too much estrogen on the team already with Al??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe there was too much estrogen...or maybe we are attracted to the sudden influx of testosterone on this team!  I, for one, can hardly contain my excitement for the upcoming season!  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Maybe @Dolfan23 should change your nick to qn01

Maybe Dolf should EABOD.

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You're saying that you are from the city??

:laugh: So Diesel can make a funny every once in a while.  Color me shocked.

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

I didn't think that Houston podcast was bad.  You should listen to the Boston one that Rowland did if you want some Hawks hating coming from every direction.

He wasn't hating. He was saying what I been saying. The only thing is this board wants to run with a false narrative on Dwight when it's simply not the case. 

If he is great which we all hope for than that's great.

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He wasn't hating. He was saying what I been saying. The only thing is this board wants to run with a false narrative on Dwight when it's simply not the case. 

We will see who shows up at playoff time baby. Dwight, doing a version of Horford or Dwight doing his version of Dwight. That is all I got to say!

Back on topic, Dennis and Dwight are going to be great together. Best PnR Center Dennis has ever had; and best PnR Point Guard Dwight has ever had!

Go Hawks!

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Look at the list I posted.  There is some major league level hating going on in that podcast.  When you claim that because of their age Dwight is over the hill and Al isn't and they are 6 months apart, that is some BS right there.  The age factor is the same for both of them - they present similar age risk.  There were a lot of things like that.  I detailed them.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We will see who shows up at playoff time baby. Dwight, doing a version of Horford or Dwight doing his version of Dwight. That is all I got to say!

Back on topic, Dennis and Dwight are going to be great together. Best PnR Center Dennis has ever had; and best PnR Point Guard Dwight has ever had!

Go Hawks!

Lies

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who is Dwight best pnr PG?

Dennis is one of the best PnR PG's, Dwight isn't one of the best PnR bigs. He's not even top 10. He can be good at it but his effort at it is poor at best unless he knows getting the ball. Out of true bigs, I'll take Jordan, Robin Lopez and an old Tyson Chandler over him. He has to consistently set better screens especially if he can't play the PnP

The best PnR bigs

1. Horford 

2. Noah

3. Jordan

4. Dirk 

5. Thompson, his screens are consistent and creates a lot of space for James and Kyrie plus he's a solid finisher as a PnR player. 

6. Griffin, really worked hard to become an excellent PnR player.

7. Davis, he's great at a lot and PnRs is another one.

8. R. Lopez, one of the best screen setters in Basketball and is a solid finisher. 

9. Chandler, old but still one of the better PnR bigs in the league. 

10. Bosh, if healthy he would be in top 5 unquestionably. 

Offense Dwight remains a big question mark. It remains to be seen how far he wants to adapt and do things he can do. At this point I think he realizes that he made mistakes not adapting earlier in his career and also realizes this is not a post player league anymore. Dwight is a smart dude I think and the game-plan theory of things isnt the issue. He also should have a chip on his shoulder regarding all this being an open vocal point regarding his career in b-ball world. So make them shut up Dwight!

I think defense Dwight was the mayor reason why Bud wanted him. Our 2 biggest weaknesses killed us for far to often in the playoffs. Also Korver should be able to get a clean look or 2 more a game. But Horford's switches and PnP will be missed. Still though, Horf got weaker and weaker as the season progressed. That was hard to watch and a leader going down like that takes the whole team down.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The best PnR bigs

1. Horford 

2. Noah

3. Jordan

4. Dirk 

5. Thompson, his screens are consistent and creates a lot of space for James and Kyrie plus he's a solid finisher as a PnR player. 

6. Griffin, really worked hard to become an excellent PnR player.

7. Davis, he's great at a lot and PnRs is another one.

8. R. Lopez, one of the best screen setters in Basketball and is a solid finisher. 

9. Chandler, old but still one of the better PnR bigs in the league. 

10. Bosh, if healthy he would be in top 5 unquestionably. 

Any PnR stats to back this up or is this just your opinion. BTW calling someone a liar just because their opinion differs is not my style and not very nice of you. You have hurt my feelings Supes, I may have to go cry now :cry:

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Lies

ROFL great comeback there!

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Dennis is one of the best PnR PG's, Dwight isn't one of the best PnR bigs. He's not even top 10. He can be good at it but his effort at it is poor at best unless he knows getting the ball. Out of true bigs, I'll take Jordan, Robin Lopez and an old Tyson Chandler over him. He has to consistently set better screens especially if he can't play the PnP

And the reading is fundamental thing went past you as well. I said best PnR PG Howard has ever had and best PnR Center Dennis has ever had. I did not say either was # 1 at their position  overall in any category; much less something as specific as PnR.

• Like 4

Chemistry, i think it will go very well for Dwight and Dennis. Playstyle, do they fit together? im still not sure, Dennis likes to play aggresive a lot and attack first. It just depends if Dennis learns to control himself, , play smarter, have better decision making, and making plays for his teammates. He's still young, still have a lot time to improve and progress. Coach Bud trust him, thats why he's now a starting point guard. We'll see how they play next season.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

Reaction GIF: laugh, are you kidding me?

Who is a better PnR big than Horford? No one is even close in today's NBA. No one. Maybe 6 years ago when Amare was boasting. Consistent at great screens, angles, improvisation on his picks, the ability to roll or cut, extremely high BBIQ and has been one of the most efficient PnR players in the last 10 years in the NBA at the PnR.

This board is a straight up dog and pony show and has become garbage. When posters start looking to one star posters for talking points is when this board has lost all hope. If you want to have blind faith in Howard, fine but don't be disingenuous. 

To act like he was anything near consistent in the PnR says you haven't seen him play since he was playing center in Orlando. That's not to say he isn't a good PnR finisher, that's to say he doesn't improvise, doesnt like to set good screens unless he knows he's getting the ball and he doesn't really flash versatility as he can't shoot.

There is things Dwight adds but PnR effort and his consistency at it needs to improve. He needs to get back to Orlando Dwight in term of effort at it.

10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

And the reading is fundamental thing went past you as well. I said best PnR PG Howard has ever had and best PnR Center Dennis has ever had. I did not say either was # 1 at their position  overall in any category; much less something as specific as PnR.

This would be another obvious lie. Steve Nash was the best PnR PG Dwight has ever played with. In fact, he might be the 2nd best PnR PG of all time to Stockton. 

Also, yes Horford is the best PnR bigs. Even the numbers over the last three seasons back it up. Horford is one of the greatest PnR bigs to ever play the game.

Noah is one of the best PnR bigs. While not a great finisher, his BBIQ and improvise skills make life a lot easier on the PG. Ask Derrick Rose.

The rest of the list speaks for itself. If you want. You can look at SAP stats and see for yourself. Chandler by data should be higher up but he wasn't good last year.

This board has become beyond insane. You got posters acting like Al Horford ain't the best PNR big when he's always been the best PnR big.

You got posters saying Dennis Schröder is a better PnR PG than Steve Nash. 

You got posters acting like we are getting 2008 Dwight from Orlando making direct comparisons to him at that stage and you got posters calling Houston bloggers haters because the blogger was like, he's what an older Tim Duncan was at this point with less ability. He needs to be play 30 minutes at most and he simply isn't the player he used to be. Hawks posters be like, hater, it's blame "coaches, Harden, personnel, organization, management" when it's general consensus that Morey is head and circles better at his job than Wilcox. The delusion y'all