• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Remaining free agents for us

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I wouldn't mind Beno if it's clear  Jack can't make it back to 100%.  Nah thanks on Neal.

Also, lol @ Bargs being the "#1" target!  Hate to see HS HOFer Copeland on the list.  Gonna spark that discussion again.  SMH

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Well, took a while to figure out how to read this article but after reading it, I saw some value in Neal.   I didn't realize that he was 6'4"..

Oh I got you covered, bro ...  

1944_2bff.gif

Then you'll be ...

internet_surfing.gif

Seriously though, the only time I've liked Neal was when he was a Spur.  Not a good defender and is more chucker than anything IMHO.  Plus he plays smaller than 6'4" (if that makes sense).

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Seriously though, the only time I've liked Neal was when he was a Spur.  Not a good defender and is more chucker than anything IMHO.  Plus he plays smaller than 6'4" (if that makes sense).

That's my basis.  IF we needed a positional upgrade... I think it has to be BU BU PG.   I don't know if Delaney is a PG but Neal is a shooter who can pass and is familiar with the system.  I agree with you, he doesn't play 6'4".  I thought he was 6'0.   However, part of me wonder if he can improve like Shaun Livingston.   I know that when Livingston was in the training Center at Brooklyn... known as the nets... He was the BU to one Alan Anderson and people believed that he couldn't shoot and could barely play defense but the folks in GS saw more.  These last 2 years, Livingston looked like the MAN.  Defensively and shooting wise.   I think there's something to be said about teams that can develop and we are one of those. 

Neal can't pass, he was a gunner of the bench in SAS.

I don't see the Livingston comparison with Neal at all. Neal can shoot but can't pass. Livingston can run an offensive, pass and get easy buckets in the paint. Livingston also still has his stuggles because of that horrific knee injury.

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's my basis.  IF we needed a positional upgrade... I think it has to be BU BU PG.   I don't know if Delaney is a PG but Neal is a shooter who can pass and is familiar with the system.  I agree with you, he doesn't play 6'4".  I thought he was 6'0.   However, part of me wonder if he can improve like Shaun Livingston.   I know that when Livingston was in the training Center at Brooklyn... known as the nets... He was the BU to one Alan Anderson and people believed that he couldn't shoot and could barely play defense but the folks in GS saw more.  These last 2 years, Livingston looked like the MAN.  Defensively and shooting wise.   I think there's something to be said about teams that can develop and we are one of those. 

Nah, that's a stretch for a guy like Neal.  He's a borderline NBA player.  Livingston was a legit lottery pick and was always considered a top flight player in spite of his slight frame.  That he became a really good reserve wasn't as long a shot as Neal who's barely hanging on at this point.

"Developing" Livingston isn't the same as developing Neal.  JMHO

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Neal can't pass, he was a gunner of the bench in SAS.

I don't see the Livingston comparison with Neal at all. Neal can shoot but can't pass. Livingston can run an offensive, pass and get easy buckets in the paint. Livingston also still has his stuggles because of that horrific knee injury.

I don't think he has any struggles anymore because of that injury. 

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't think he has any struggles anymore because of that injury. 

I think you're right that he's just fine physically.  But he never returned to the level of athleticism he had pre-injury IIUC.  Maybe that's what Bird was referring to?  He basically reinvented himself.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think you're right that he's just fine physically.  But he never returned to the level of athleticism he had pre-injury IIUC.  Maybe that's what Bird was referring to?  He basically reinvented himself.

No doubt he isn't the same athletically but the injuries no longer hold him back at all. 

• Premium Member

Had you watched him in Brooklyn, you can see why a whole lot of teams didn't move when he became a free agent.  Whether it were because of his injury or just the fact that he didn't look great on a bad team, Livingston still needed a lot of developing.