• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cal Bowdler

Jdawgflow

hace 3 horas, Jdawgflow dijo:

I still remember that possibly being our worst draft ever.  Four first rounds picks and they were all terrible (maybe a slight exaggeration).

What memories. if I recall only Jason Terry was a good pick that year. Dion Glover was so so and Bowlder directly was a bust. 

Edited by Garchelino

Trivial Pursuit should have an NBA or roundball exclusive game. This tidbit from Wiki.

Bowdler is the only player in the modern era of basketball to commit seven personal fouls during an NBA game. This happened because the scorekeeper didn't realize seven fouls had been committed until after the game was over.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Trivial Pursuit should have an NBA or roundball exclusive game. This tidbit from Wiki.

Bowdler is the only player in the modern era of basketball to commit seven personal fouls during an NBA game. This happened because the scorekeeper didn't realize seven fouls had been committed until after the game was over.

I'm almost willing to bet anything that happened during an Atlanta home game and those scorekeepers were ours. I love those old guys at the table but they seem to have 99 problems(and a chick ain't one)at the scorers table every game. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I cringe everytime i remember David Stern saying Atlanta Hawks and Cal Baowdla, sigh.

When he said that name I was hoping we were picking a backup center to Bryant Reeves for the Grizzlies lol. I remember I wanted Corey Maggette so bad in that draft. #mancrush

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

AK47 would have been nice.  

Remember his rebounding numbers and three point percentage went threw the roof against us pretty much every time we saw him (especially when he was in Utah) till he got old. Would have been nice in our uniform. 

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

A look at that draft and it was not particularly deep.   I'd forgotten Cal was a 1st rounder.   AK47 would have been nice.   

Ya the assault rifle for sure or even a guy named Emanuel David Manu Ginobili Maccari, selected with the 57th (next to last) pick of the draft.

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya the assault rifle for sure or even a guy named Emanuel David Manu Ginobili Maccari, selected with the 57th (next to last) pick of the draft.

Thats pretty unreal right there. And we had four picks? At least the Green didn't pick him. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I'd phrase this one as he is the only player to be called for seven personal fouls during an NBA game.  Lots of protection from the refs of some players that goes uncalled or called on the non-superstar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd phrase this one as he is the only player to be called for seven personal fouls during an NBA game.  Lots of protection from the refs of some players that goes uncalled or called on the non-superstar.

Probably the most blatantly thrown playoff series of our modern NBA era.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Only if you believe that criminal doughey.....or if you watched the series.   

Kudos on ur avatar change daddy. I like. I'm trying to get a Prince jersey at some point. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Kudos on ur avatar change daddy. I like. I'm trying to get a Prince jersey at some point. 

Thanks for noticing.   We are playing much better since i made that change so i'll take most of the heat for our recent struggles.