• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dec. 10 1986

On this day, 30 years ago, our beloved  Nique dropped a career high 57 on Michael Jordan and the Bulls in Atlanta. Jordan ended up with 41 in a 123-95 beatdown by the Hawks. 

Always a big deal watching Nique torch anyone and enjoyable before the storm of the century in Michael's heyday but of course M ran his mouth a little then too. Nique almost always plastered the Knicks as well and his brother Gerald was running his mouth the whole time. That post brings back major memories and with Nique they were pretty epic very often and with no serious trash talking from him.    

• Like 1

Just now, Garchelino said:

Nique was the main reason I am a die-hard Hawks fan.

An absolutely perfect reason right there. So many feel the same way. I just happened to be in the right town when they moved to Atlanta.

• Like 1

hace 11 minutos, Thomas dijo:

An absolutely perfect reason right there. So many feel the same way. I just happened to be in the right town when they moved to Atlanta.

My case is funny, it was because on the cover of a stickers album there was Nique doing the classic tomahawk. Also I was impressed with Spud Webb, so I fell in love instantly with the Hawks.

Edited by Garchelino
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Always a big deal watching Nique torch anyone and enjoyable before the storm of the century in Michael's heyday but of course M ran his mouth a little then too. Nique almost always plastered the Knicks as well and his brother Gerald was running his mouth the whole time. That post brings back major memories and with Nique they were pretty epic very often and with no serious trash talking from him.    

Yes! I totally remember a game at the MSG in 90 or 91 when Nique dropped 50 or so on them. It was a very fun year I remember as it was the last with that crew. The following summer I remember Doc being traded to the Clipps and Spud going to the Kings. That year I also remember the Rockets and Knicks wanting to deal Hakeem and Ewing respectively because their teams weren't winning and they wanted to be moved. Neither ended up moving but I remember as a kid wondering what it would be like to have either be traded to team up with Nique in Atlanta. As a kid I didn't know much about the salary cap(not that I do now). I just remember coming up with different trade scenarios. I think I did something like this...

Hawks get : Hakeem Olajuwon and Matt Bullard

Rockets get: Kevin Willis, Doc Rivers and 2  1st round picks

Or:

Hawks get: Patrick Ewing

Knicks get: Willis, Rumeal Robinson and 2 first round picks

Obviously neither got traded and probably good decisions by the Knicks and Rox as they met in the 94 finals and Houston repeated in 95.

Your memory is phenomenal Spud and believe me I always hated Howard Cosell and his memory when he said that incredible accurate yet bizarre stuff when he was dribbling cocktails and announcing the big games and big fights. The history of any sport is a really big deal!  

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

On this day, 30 years ago, our beloved  Nique dropped a career high 57 on Michael Jordan and the Bulls in Atlanta. Jordan ended up with 41 in a 123-95 beatdown by the Hawks. 

Happy birthday Spud2Nique! 30 gang!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

I was four. I never watched the hawks with Dominique, except for the game my uncle took me to right before they traded him when I wasn't really even aware. But I am thankful for what he brought to the team and franchise. EABOD bulls and Celtics!!!

You missed some serious adrenaline spurred roundball from back then. Love the EABOD directed towards the Celtics. Have felt like that since '68.

• Like 1