• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nerlens Noel To Atlanta

NBASupes

On 12/17/2016 at 8:22 AM, NBASupes said:

oncHawks Trade: Kent Bazemore

Sixers Trade: Nerlens Noel

I saw the title and came into the thread fully prepared to lambast you, Supers.  Then I saw you wanted to trade Skip BazeLess.  I now what to vote for you for President.

On a serious note, Skip for Noel would be an overpay as Noel's 'tude is torpedoing whatever was left of his value.  Consider (1) everybody knows they have to trade a big and that he's the most likely candidate considering his contract status (b) his mouth has probably turned off a lot of GM's around the league (3) he's an injury risk and (d) he can be a good player but he's still limited offensively.

I'd make a lowball offer for him but I wouldn't trade Skip unless they just have buyer's remorse (or buyer's morose) over the deal they gave him.

All that said, I can see him ending up in BOS as a panic-overpay from Ainge once they realize they're not getting Cousins.

On 12/17/2016 at 8:22 AM, NBASupes said:

Hawks Trade: Kent Bazemore

Sixers Trade: Nerlens Noel

Don't see the likelihood of that happening but would certainly embrace it and then maybe Bud would be more comfortable dumping Kelly and bringing in a vet PG. If Nerlens wants minutes we have about twenty of them on many nights behind Dwight alone and Moose can stop pretending to a center. Three options at backup PF this way too. Moose, Noel and Scott when he's ready. Prince in a small lineup as well I guess.  

Merriam- Webster's definition of Moose right now.  

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The defense just collapses when Dwight goes to the bench because Moose can't defend.

In reference to Noel he may get starter or close to starter minutes somewhere but its still a good chance its coming off the bench. Coaches are always going to have to manage his injury risk so we'll see what happens.

In premise it sounds good.

Get rid of Baze and his $70 million to sure up the backup center spot - he is not starting here.

But then you take a closer look - Noel will be a RFA meaning we will turn around and pay him $20 mil per?  bad attitude and knees???

Mike Scott and a 2nd is my offer.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In premise it sounds good.

Get rid of Baze and his $70 million to sure up the backup center spot - he is not starting here.

But then you take a closer look - Noel will be a RFA meaning we will turn around and pay him $20 mil per?  bad attitude and knees???

Mike Scott and a 2nd is my offer.

It's gonna take more than Scott and a second but I feel ya I'd love him here but the RFA coming up and knees.

36 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

It's gonna take more than Scott and a second but I feel ya I'd love him here but the RFA coming up and knees.

Honestly, I'd say his RFA status really renders him of no value.  If PHI, who knows exactly what's going on and who's seen him at his "best", isn't willing to pay him $17 mil why would anyone else?  What kind of deal is he gonna get?  I'd imagine a desperate team like BKN would offer him a high-dollar, 2yr type-a deal?

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Watchman said:

And Philly would be willing to do this because they love us so much?

No, but at some point they have to stop rebuilding and actually start building.

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

And Philly would be willing to do this because they love us so much?

Noel's value is waaay down though.  Them getting a pseudo-starter on a not-too-bad (for 2017) deal  could be more enticing than many offers they'll get.

Fact that he's still there is evidence that the offers they're getting aren't great.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, but at some point they have to stop rebuilding and actually start building.

Adding Bazemore would not necessarily be considered "building" would it?  Maybe they need the Baze Gaze.  I think that's what got him re-signed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Adding Bazemore would not necessarily be considered "building" would it?  Maybe they need the Baze Gaze.  I think that's what got him re-signed.

They need young vets to add to their young core they are in a vicious ccyle.

What they have been doing for far too long is 'putting a baby in room and expect them to grow and learn by themselves.'