• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Bud Ever Win A Game Against Popovich?

Trout7

For me personally, i have been wishing we could beat the Spurs more than even Lebron and the Cavs.  Popovich would never acknowledge it but i guarantee he says to himself that this Hawks team is never going to beat me, not in this lifetime.LOL.

• Like 1

If it happens I hope its in the East versus the West finals. What a surprise for everyone that would be. LeBron might have something to say or do about that no doubt. Within the realm of possibility or not no lol required. We can pretend its a balanced league, right?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If the Spurs arrive tonight and celebrate NYE in Atlanta instead of San Antonio we might have a chance. 

I wish Bud had the same edge over his assistants. 1-2 vs Quinn and I'm sure we somehow drop a game to the Nets this year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I'm sure we somehow drop a game to the Nets this year

Great point and has been mentioned by quite a few here that Atkinson was our defensive sensei. A huge loss for us and we are truly feeling it so far. 

• Like 2

I believe we are missing the likes of Quinn and recently Atkinson more than we let on. Quinn was such an asset to have to focus on the little things like footwork for our guys. I'm sure he'd have these post entry passes whipped in to shape by now. Atkinson was great with the PGs apparently, and who replaced him?

• Like 1

Can he? Sure....will he? Would love for a win to start 2017.

If Dwight is active and running the floor he can get easy buckets against Pau IF we can get him the ball early.

Parker can't guard Dennis which means Danny Green will probably start on him with Kawhi seeing spot duty.

Millsap has to be on offensively and take it to Aldridge - make him play defense.

Baze is the 'wild' card - can he hit his shots and not turn the ball over - I think they'll double off him and he'll have open shots.

The interior of the Spurs defense is not the same without TD. We have to drive the ball. Diaw killed us last game - he's no longer there.

Thabo vs Kawhi is a better matchup than Kawhi vs Baze. Prince should see time - is he back from DL?

The bench have to give us something worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Trout7 said:

Wish they were sending Muscala and Bazemore with him. I'd keep Scott myself though.

Agree, would go with Scott and Prince as back up forwards and probably have to hang on to Moose for having available bodies. Hate to see him at C ever but he has helped at times at PF. He was a positive against the Pistons though he looked like a preteen among men at times. Guess we should consider the conditioning state of Scott as well but definitely want him on our active roster and not the D'league. 

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Stepping out on a limb and saying:. "Hell yes, he can!"

January 1st seems like a good day to start good habits. :-) Hats off to Bud! 

On 1/1/2017 at 1:01 AM, Mdizzle5 said:

Bud has a lot to learn from his sensei before he beats him. 

Guess he learned just enough from that chat courtside with Pop before the game.

• Like 1