• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dragic

TheFuzz

Thoughts: our weakest spots are backup PG and backup 4. I'm all for giving Prince as much backup 4 time as possible to max his minutes, but Delaney ain't cutting it at the 1. So here's my proposed trade.

Splitter/Delaney/2017 1st/Either Cavs or Wolves pick (not sure which)

for

Dragic

I'm not sure if that gets it done, so it might need some tweaking. Dragic doesn't defend too well (neither does Delaney, though), but Dragic is a helluva scorer, can run the back-up PG spot and play alongside Dennis at the 2 the way he did with Bledsoe (Dragic can really shoot). He gives us another big scoring punch off the bench and helps us keep the pedal to the metal with our PGs like Teague/Dennis did. What say you?

Edit: I guess I should say that Dragic is reportedly on the block and Miami expects at least a 1st back. I think we have the assets to get it done without breaking the bank.

Edited by TheFuzz

Splitter and Delaney works salary wise. I'm definitely not sending 2 1st round picks to Miami. I'd prefer to keep our 2017 pick, we have too many free agents and need to get a PF of the future in the 2017 draft. Hawks 2018 pick.

will Goran be OK coming off the bench.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He has a pretty big salary for the next 4 years for a  guy who will be coming off the bench and doesn't play D.  

He is no spring chicken either as he will turn 31 this year and really hasn't been that impactful since leaving PHX

Hey 31 is when the Hawks get interested in giving guys big money.   He'll fit right in.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'd love to have him on this team. He's still one of my favorite players. I saw someone talking about how he's trade bait and that's one of the few guys in the league with so many assists plus high 3 pt per in the league. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.

He's not a good defender but he's better than Korver. He would thrive in our offense. I could see him starting at the 2 and splitting enough minutes to also be the BU PG.

If we could trade Bazemore and that cle 1st for him I would do it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'd love to have him on this team. He's still one of my favorite players. I saw someone talking about how he's trade bait and that's one of the few guys in the league with so many assists plus high 3 pt per in the league. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.

He's not a good defender but he's better than Korver. He would thrive in our offense. I could see him starting at the 2 and splitting enough minutes to also be the BU PG.

If we could trade Bazemore and that cle 1st for him I would do it.

Yea I wonder if they'd want Bazemore. Baze is interesting, because he's young and had a good year or two so maybe he has some value, tough to tell.

On January 11, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Sothron said:

I'd love to have him on this team. He's still one of my favorite players. I saw someone talking about how he's trade bait and that's one of the few guys in the league with so many assists plus high 3 pt per in the league. 

I remember seeing him play while with PHX and really liked him. Sometimes he gets rolling and the ways he plays and some of his moves are so smooth it's like watching ballet. No homo. Guy has got panache too. No homo. And he is very handsome. Alright, who am I kidding, I have a major man crush on Dragic. Muay homo or whatever. 

Anyway, seriously, I haven't seen a ton of his games but I saw him in person a couple times over the last few years and was really impressed. I think he could be a great addition, especially if his 3pt shooting numbers are in the 40% range, but I just don't know if the Heat would even consider trading with in-division rivals, and if so, I would assume Riley would be looking for major assets going back their way.

Edited by LamarHampton
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

I remember seeing him play while with PHX and really liked him. Sometimes he gets rolling and the ways he plays and some of his moves are so smooth it's like watching ballet. No homo. Guy has got panache too. No homo. And he is very handsome. Alright, who am I kidding, I have a major man crush on Dragic. Muay homo or whatever. 

Anyway, seriously, I haven't seen a ton of his games but I saw him in person a couple times over the last few years and was really impressed. I think he could be a great addition, especially if his 3pt shooting numbers are in the 40% range, but I just don't know if the Heat would even consider trading with in-division rivals, and if so, I would assume Riley would be looking for major assets going back their way.

Do tell? Did you see him butt naked in the locker room no homo? Lol