• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Banner Ads on the Squawk?

bird_dirt

3 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

Dolf, thank you for this.

Just a heads up; I'm still getting the "exclamation point" warning at the top of Chrome on Android.  Tried logging out and back in, closed and reopened the site.

The one when a site is "partially" secure? If so that seems to be related to what you allow in Chrome for Hawksquawk. One of my Chrome browsers shows that but others show secured and Firefox shows secured. 

23 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

The one when a site is "partially" secure? If so that seems to be related to what you allow in Chrome for Hawksquawk. One of my Chrome browsers shows that but others show secured and Firefox shows secured. 

It is working fine today.  My phone rebooted yesterday so maybe that's all it needed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you see a "warning" page saying that someone may be trying to hijack your browser or whatever, don't sweat it (assuming you're on https://hawksquawk.net anyway... just click "advanced" on the error page and then click proceed anyway.  Some people have avatars that are hosted on non-secure websites so we have mixed content which can look like questionable site content if your browser security settings are high. 

If you guys prefer we can go back to a non-secure site to avoid these warnings. Keep in mind that even with these warnings rest assured the site is mostly secure with the only thing non-secure being some external avatars. Everything else is encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

If you see a "warning" page saying that someone may be trying to hijack your browser or whatever, don't sweat it (assuming you're on https://hawksquawk.net anyway... just click "advanced" on the error page and then click proceed anyway.  Some people have avatars that are hosted on non-secure websites so we have mixed content which can look like questionable site content if your browser security settings are high. 

@Dolfan23 When I click 'Advanced' - Page doesn't load properly.

11 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

That's odd as I dont even get a warning by Chrome. Are you on an iPhone or Android device? Have you tried logging out of Hawksquawk on your mobile web browser?

IMG_5372.PNG

Android. It doesn't happen all the time though.  Just random times.

3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

If you guys prefer we can go back to a non-secure site to avoid these warnings. Keep in mind that even with these warnings rest assured the site is mostly secure with the only thing non-secure being some external avatars. Everything else is encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I don't care either way. The ads have left me for some possible device that will add 2-3 inches (not to my vertical in bball) and a nice baggy pair of Buffalo jeans! 

One at a time ladies....:-|

• 3 months later...