• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Banner Ads on the Squawk?

bird_dirt

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

i haven't seen that but there is definitely some site maintenance going on so I'm guessing that may have gotten turned on by accident briefly.   But you should definitely get that rash checked out.

Ohh, macd with tha sik burn

OohBurn.gif

And no, I'm not seeing any popups ... or rashes.  My condolences, @bird_dirt

We have received ZERO donations over the past 3+ months so we decided to start running ads on the site as of today, for the first time in Hawksquawk's history. These are only shown to non-supporting members. Unfortunately we have to go this route as the site is becoming more and more expensive to keep up. The site was actually down today (and presumably last night) due to running out of disk space so we had to buy more today in order to get it back online. 

• Like 4

• Admin changed the title to Banner Ads on the Squawk?
  • Admin pinned this topic
12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

We have received ZERO donations over the past 3+ months so we decided to start running ads on the site as of today, for the first time in Hawksquawk's history. These are only shown to non-supporting members. Unfortunately we have to go this route as the site is becoming more and more expensive to keep up. The site was actually down today (and presumably last night) due to running out of disk space so we had to buy more today in order to get it back online. 

@Dolfan23  Am I good on my subs?

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Dolfan23  Am I good on my subs?

I don't know your personal life but I assume @kg01 and @Spud2Nique are good subs for you. 

... and yes you are plenty good on your Hawksquawk Supporter status. Thanks as always!

Those of you who are and have been supporters for a long time are very much appreciated. This should only affect the free-loaders (and me as I have to leave the ads up for myself so that I can see that they're working...)

Back to your regularly scheduled STD "research"

• Like 2

I clicked squawk 237 times since last night and the site was down. I was freaking out and my gf said...oh my god chill out...:-| Squawk has turned into my crack ...donations for crack are forthcoming...I thought squawk was gone for good and panicked...@dolfan your scare tactic worked...I was even trying to hunt down Dolf on google..all I found was this..

IMG_8355.PNG

Ps I'm not a Muslim not sure why they wanna hook me up lol...

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I clicked squawk 237 times since last night and the site was down. I was freaking out and my gf said...oh my god chill out...:-| Squawk has turned into my crack ...donations for crack are forthcoming...I thought squawk was gone for good and panicked...@dolfan your scare tactic worked...I was even trying to hunt down Dolf on google..all I found was this..

IMG_8355.PNG

Clearly we intercepted a PM between Spud2 and @Dolfan23

What in the actual fack is going on there.  Don't answer that.

• Moderators

I'm not seeing the ads so I guess i'm in good standing.   But i would like some info about that rash...for a friend of mine who's had a rash that has really been bothering him.   So i need to let him know that info like really quickly.   I can barely sleep because of it.   I mean worrying about my friend.   

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Looks like we're making America Great Again!

You know what we oughta do wit dees mods ...

Trump Bomb

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not seeing the ads so I guess i'm in good standing.   But i would like some info about that rash...for a friend of mine who's had a rash that has really been bothering him.   So i need to let him know that info like really quickly.   I can barely sleep because of it.   I mean worrying about my friend.   

A 'friend', huh?

Yeah, Okay

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

IMG_8355.PNG

Baby_laugh.gif

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wait wait wait...................237...............Are you sure you have a girlfriend?

• Premium Member

There's a lot of regular posters here that frankly could pinch in and help do their part. @Dolfan23 said he's gotten zero donations in over three months. That's just not right. I'm doing something about that right now. I hope some of you others feel the same way.

Donated $25.00 and I hope some others here make me look like Scrooge by blowing that donation out of the water. This is the best sports fansite on the internet and it only keeps going if we pinch in every now and then and help the financial burden.

• Like 1

We've had 4 awesome long time members help out today and it's greatly appreciated! Unfortunately it's usually the same handful of people that donate and I hate that so much of the burden is taken on by so few but that's just the way that things are. I want to let you all know that you're very much appreciated though!

And just so people don't think I am being untruthful or being dramatic about the donations and subscriptions, here's our transactions table (with member names redacted) for the past 5 months. 

Hawksquawk Donations & Subscriptions.jpg

• Like 1