• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Westbrook

Thomas

43-11-10 on a historic night for Westbrook. Just a tad crazy there.

It's another bullet point on the MVP resume for Westbrook -- who, by the way, picked up his 30th triple-double of the season with 43 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists. That places him within one of Wilt Chamberlain for the second-most ever in a season and provides more evidence of how the Thunder's success this season has been on the back of their solitary star.

http://www.espn.com/blog/okc-thunder/post/_/id/2337/russell-westbrook-does-it-again-in-the-clutch-closing-the-jazz

• Like 1

• Admin

He is a machine and absolutely deserves it ... it is crazy what he has been doing this season.

I have a feeling that Harden will get it due to Houston doing better then OKC but even though Harden is also putting up monster numbers ... I think it is more due to their coaches system which is score score score.  

I am not trying to  take anything away from what the Beard  has been doing as he should be MVP if not for Russ.  

However, Westbrook has been heads and tails above everyone else this year and his performance deserves it.   Also, unlike Harden, Westbrook gives 110% out there and actually plays some defense.  Harden subscribes to the Charles Barkley El Matador defense.  OLE!

• Like 1

I'm just a nitpicker but I don't enjoy watching Westbrook much.  He takes awful 3s, turns over way too much, hides on defense in crunch time, has no sense of pace and situation, and unnecessarily steals rebounds from his Bigs.  He's a far greater athlete than cerebral team player.  Harden also has a sub 2:1 assist to turn ratio and is no defensive leader either.  

I got Kawhi for MVP.  He fits my ideal blueprint of 30 point scorer who also leads the team defense for 48 minutes.

Edited by benhillboy

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I'm just a nitpicker but I don't enjoy watching Westbrook much.  He takes awful 3s, turns over way too much, hides on defense in crunch time, has no sense of pace and situation, and unnecessarily steals rebounds from his Bigs.  He's a far greater athlete than cerebral team player.  Harden also has a sub 2:1 assist to turn ratio and is no defensive leader either.  

I got Kawhi for MVP.  He fits my ideal blueprint of 30 point scorer who also leads the team defense for 48 minutes.

Me too.

• 4 weeks later...

Love him or hate him or anything in-between the highest scoring triple double of all time in the NBA by Westbrook last night with 57 points and getting the win in overtime. Just absolute craziness.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/westbrooks-57-point-triple-double-leads-thunder-to-win/ar-BBz20QC?OCID=ansmsnnews11

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Thomas said:

Love him or hate him or anything in-between the highest scoring triple double of all time in the NBA by Westbrook last night with 57 points and getting the win in overtime. Just absolute craziness.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/westbrooks-57-point-triple-double-leads-thunder-to-win/ar-BBz20QC?OCID=ansmsnnews11

He's the MVP and it's not even close. The 'other' guys are having MVP seasons but this is Westbrook's year period. I never thought I would live to see a guy average a triple double WHILE leading the league in scoring AND being in the top ten in three other statistical categories. I can't believe how jaded some of us are when it comes to modern day athletes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hawkman said:

I never thought I would live to see a guy average a triple double WHILE leading the league in scoring AND being in the top ten in three other statistical categories.

Truly doesn't seem possible with so many seriously big time players but its cool to actually be very active in keeping up with the NBA while he is getting it done. Not like Wilt when he was scoring a hundred points in Philly, who really saw that live?

• Like 1