• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KORV3R

Dakin

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

Unfortunately, LBJ has grown on me, along with the rest of the Cleveland team.  I know...I used to despise them, but I started following them after the trade and they're an awesome group.  I have a Snapchat friendship with Channing Frye and I think he's one of the funniest people on earth.  Hawks fan first, closet Cleveland fan second...

UNNbWiC.gif

Schizophrenia is a severe disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, extremely disordered thinking and Hawk's fans pulling for the LeBrendas which impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling as well as hurtful to the Squawk.

3 hours ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

LBJ has grown on me, along with the rest of the Cleveland team.  I know...I used to despise them, but I started following them after the trade and they're an awesome group. 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12011-1371566133-9.

It hurts so bad....

crybaby.gif

I guess that's why you are @HopefulHawksFan.  You are still 'Hoping' to be a 'Hawks Fan.'

I think we fans and the organization as a whole took Kyle for granted, was, I guess, the point of the thread.

I think he's a top 10 all-time Hawk (controversial take maybe but he's literally and unequivocally one of the best shooters in NBA history) and we, typically, gave him the Dominique treatment by trading him when he's still good in the middle of a playoff run. To the GD Cavs of all places.

I for one am stoked about the idea of a 3sus statue outside Phiilips.

Edited by Dakin

I didn't mean to offend but I guess I should have expected that kind of reaction.  

I'm hopeful...mainly because my name is Hope, but also because I am hopeful that this organization will one day pull it together and win a title.  

I'm still pretty upset about the Korver trade.  I think it was a dumb move to trade a player who was so invested in the franchise and to the team we can't seem to beat in the postseason.  I'm super happy for Kyle, but I was devastated.  This is why half of my heart is in Cleveland...forgive me...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

I didn't mean to offend but I guess I should have expected that kind of reaction.  

I'm hopeful...mainly because my name is Hope, but also because I am hopeful that this organization will one day pull it together and win a title.  

I'm still pretty upset about the Korver trade.  I think it was a dumb move to trade a player who was so invested in the franchise and to the team we can't seem to beat in the postseason.  I'm super happy for Kyle, but I was devastated.  This is why half of my heart is in Cleveland...forgive me...

We're just pulling yr chains. 

16 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

nah, you got it right other than half your heart in Cleveland part (ew.). It was a monumentally dumb trade, like we owed Cleveland a favor or something.  

• Moderators
13 hours ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

This!  All day long.   If he's not effective then don't play him so much.   But don't trade the guy who is dedicated and a fan favorite (and still pretty effective) for peanuts.     It was stupid and frustrating.   

Just now, macdaddy said:

This!  All day long.   If he's not effective then don't play him so much.   But don't trade the guy who is dedicated and a fan favorite (and still pretty effective) for peanuts.     It was stupid and frustrating.   

Let's not go crazy.  One of ATL sports' problems is holding onto "fan favorites" who've not won titles.  We squeezed all we could get out of Korv and got a 1st rnder for our trouble.  He'll be bak once he retires.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The pick will be in the vicinity where Tony Parker was picked.  Maybe we can hit a home run?

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Let's not go crazy.  One of ATL sports' problems is holding onto "fan favorites" who've not won titles.  We squeezed all we could get out of Korv and got a 1st rnder for our trouble.  He'll be bak once he retires.

If Korver was pulling down $20 million that might make sense but what's the downside of holding onto a guy making not much and still producing ok?   That late first ain't going to be that satisfying.  

1 minute ago, AHF said:

The pick will be in the vicinity where Tony Parker was picked.  Maybe we can hit a home run?

bec08f8b5e445395741a4126f23a9d19.gif

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If Korver was pulling down $20 million that might make sense but what's the downside of holding onto a guy making not much and still producing ok?   That late first ain't going to be that satisfying.  

I think we had made the decision to deal all our older and expiring assets.  Trade Kyle and then go trade Sap.  Think Thabo was discussed some as well.  We reversed course midway through the trade Sap part.  

My issue was less with the idea of trading him and more with whether the timing was ideal and whether we had to trade him to strengthen our biggest obstacle in the East.  

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

bec08f8b5e445395741a4126f23a9d19.gif

Perchance it's not about the money but more about the roster/rotation spot?  Needed room for THJr and the young wangs to play.  Continuing to put the future asst. coach/front office guy out there hampered that?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Perchance it's not about the money but more about the roster/rotation spot?  Needed room for THJr and the young wangs to play.  Continuing to put the future asst. coach/front office guy out there hampered that?

I get all that.  I understand the different reasons it went down but in hindsight it's a pretty dumb move.  And obviously the plan wasn't too well thought out.    If it's for 'room'' to play the young guys then it just plays into the idea that Bud is making moves just to make guys feel better rather than sitting them on the bench.  

Anyway, broken record.  

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I get all that.  I understand the different reasons it went down but in hindsight it's a pretty dumb move.  And obviously the plan wasn't too well thought out.    If it's for 'room'' to play the young guys then it just plays into the idea that Bud is making moves just to make guys feel better rather than sitting them on the bench.  

Anyway, broken record.  

THJr was outplaying him so I get think @kg01 is right about a desire to follow the trade by adjusting the rotation.  For me it is less about Bud making guys feel better or something and more about Bud should have put Korver into a smaller role off the bench much earlier (along with benching Baze).  The trade was then driven by the decision that we weren't going to compete for a chip this year and we flipped the switch and reversed course on that decision.